Street Storm CVR-A7810-G, FoxOffer SZDome G90 / G98 and A7 / OV4689 clones

They look good - I'm eagerly awaiting the a7la70d videos as they should be good!

Found another variant on the way - a bling design this time though:

http://www.szdome.com/product-detail-51.html

tvcgud1z9ttm71399348386.jpg

The G98 with the quickly becoming popular A7LA50 / OV4689 combo but most interestingly of all a 178 degree lens. It's repeated many times so doesn't appear to be a typo.

This could be quite interesting when paired with the 2560*1080p resolution.

Haven't seen it up for sale anywhere - so if anyone wants me to review a sample let me know :)

Found another variant on the way - a bling design this time though:

http://www.szdome.com/product-detail-51.html

tvcgud1z9ttm71399348386.jpg

The G98 with the quickly becoming popular A7LA50 / OV4689 combo but most interestingly of all a 178 degree lens. It's repeated many times so doesn't appear to be a typo.

This could be quite interesting when paired with the 2560*1080p resolution.

Haven't seen it up for sale anywhere - so if anyone wants me to review a sample let me know :)

Man, that can be seen from miles away. :D

Does anyone know if it is actually the OmniVision sensor doing the HDR and returning an alternating high and low exposure frame or is it the A7 chip doing all of this grunt work?

If it's the A7 I'm just wondering why we haven't seen HDR done on the Aptina or Sony sensors yet as they have a dynamic range advantage as well as larger pixels?

Interestingly just reading on one of the Russian forums and they've swapped the lens out in the Street Storm CVR-A7810-G already.

4224-b9c4cc968824d67437af8abb81ba4ef6.jpg

4225-1f1030bca6ed075de0e8cc1001b28cf4.jpg

They're basically asking if a polarising filter was added which is why it's now darker.

It's also causing confusion as they're now wanting to know how to buy the newer lens - no mention of if the specs are different - they just say (and show screenshots) to show that it is producing better images.

Does anyone know if it is actually the OmniVision sensor doing the HDR and returning an alternating high and low exposure frame or is it the A7 chip doing all of this grunt work?

If it's the A7 I'm just wondering why we haven't seen HDR done on the Aptina or Sony sensors yet as they have a dynamic range advantage as well as larger pixels?

The AR0330 and Exmor R (video) do not have any "HDR" achitectures .

"The OV4689's line-based staggered HDR ensures smooth motion capture under extreme variations of bright and dark conditions" ( http://image-sensors-world.blogspot.ca/2013/11/omnivision-announces-4mp90fps-2um-pixel.html ).

I think I might have to try a newer firmware on the CVR-7810-G I've got here to see how it performs. It's a very nice camera - I've heard of that DODMT before but guess it's just another customer that Samoon have done a private branding for maybe as it does look like the same camera?

Well what do you know - I got the camera out of the car to have a look at and I know why I've heard of DODMT before - because it's printed on this camera!!

So this one is running the Street Storm firmware so you should be good to use that. The exact version is SSA7810GPRO.140929.V1.0

I need to have a play as there are many options on this firmware.

Actually saying that it's got the wrong firmware on it - the Pro is the newer model which takes the CPL and has a F / 1.8; f = 2.9 lens and this DODMT has the same lens as the standard A7810 - the F / 2.0; f = 3.2.

I'm going to have to have a play with this one for sure.

I was playing with the black and white mode the Street Storm has as well as the 1080p 60fps mode and there are a few more videos here:

It would appear there are variations on the street storm. I imported mine. Looking at another site and the pro specs match the one I have. Some have no branding while others have branding of a different name. Mine has a B/W option to but who would use that. Probably just marketing. I would rather they add some useful other feature.

Mine has a B/W option to but who would use that. Probably just marketing. I would rather they add some useful other feature.

In some situations B&W can give you better clarity, tonal range and detail, such as in license plate capture. Of course, it depends on the camera, sensor, DSP and firmware but some people have reported positive experiences when experimenting with the B&W option in certain cameras.

Last edited:
I've got the Street Storm installed into the parents car at the moment and configured for parking mode in conjunction with the Lukas LK290. I have the SS on the latest firmware and it was set to low bitrate parking mode.

When I checked on the cam yesterday there had been a frost and there was the nice clear but in the window where the dashcam was running but on closer inspection it had locked up totally.

I did some further testing and it seems to lock up completely as soon as it switches to parking mode.

I've changed it to timelapse mode and I'm away now until the weekend so I'll check the footage when I'm home to see what it did.

I've got to admit so far parking mode on Amberella based cams doesn't seem great from initial experience!

I think I might have to try a newer firmware on the CVR-7810-G I've got here to see how it performs. It's a very nice camera - I've heard of that DODMT before but guess it's just another customer that Samoon have done a private branding for maybe as it does look like the same camera?

Hello reverend,
It seems that you are the single person who has information about DODMT and CVR-7810-G. If you can share more information about this issue I will be glad. During your last post, did you get more information about DODMT D99? Because I intend to buy that camera. But it is really difficult to find details about it. Are they using the same firmware, did you check it?
When I compare between them I realized that they use different lens DODMT has 8G and CVR-7810-G has 6G. One last question, do you have an idea, how I can edit the "e-dog" file? Because If they are using the same firmware then it seems that those cams has a speed cam file so that when you approach the radar it warns you but it is only for Russia. If I were change the edit e-dog file, I had chance the use the same feature in my country.

thank you very much in advance, again

To be honest I've not really seen any firmwares from the DODMT D99 - the one I've seen was running a Street Storm firmware anyway and the D99 ran all the Street Storm firmwares I tried.

The guys over at autowrzuta.pl have a UK speed camera database and a full EU one over here:

http://autowrzuta.pl/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3120&sid=3cf9bb21b454451da28585f30abe23fc&start=275

I'm assuming it doesn't cover Turkey but the guys in there should be able to say how it was created and then the same could be done with a Turkish data file to translate to the right format :)

A very nice little camera though - @JooVuu can help with supply of these.

To be honest I've not really seen any firmwares from the DODMT D99 - the one I've seen was running a Street Storm firmware anyway and the D99 ran all the Street Storm firmwares I tried.

The guys over at autowrzuta.pl have a UK speed camera database and a full EU one over here:

http://autowrzuta.pl/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3120&sid=3cf9bb21b454451da28585f30abe23fc&start=275

I'm assuming it doesn't cover Turkey but the guys in there should be able to say how it was created and then the same could be done with a Turkish data file to translate to the right format :)

A very nice little camera though - @JooVuu can help with supply of these.

Thank you so much both your quick response and constructive answer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B G90 44
Back