Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
None yet but hopefully a Goluk
I'm looking for a decent sub £100 dash cam with some form of park facility

What is my best option to look at?
Would be nice if it was small and discreet and didn't have a screen

Thanks in advance

Check out Thinkware F50 sub-forum and see if it's fully fits your needs.

:Low budget and good parking mode are exclusive of each other so I just record with Mobius 24/7 ;) Totally reliable after 2+ years and several others do the same. Would have to scan all the recordings to find an incident but it would be there in full and it can be done for ~$100 including the super-cap conversion and a decent PS; SD card would be above that.

Phil

Goluk T1, T2, or T3 have a decent parking mode.

@ runtohell121
Have you used that with these cams? How do you think they compare to BlackVue and Thinkware for this function? It is good to see others entering the parking mode field as it is a highly requested feature :D

Phil

@ runtohell121
Have you used that with these cams? How do you think they compare to BlackVue and Thinkware for this function? It is good to see others entering the parking mode field as it is a highly requested feature :D

Phil

Check out the Goluk subforum: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/goluk.227/

I actually own all three of the Goluk and they do a pretty good job for parking mode, as it does have buffering parking mode, similar to what Blackvue and Thinkware have I believe. However, I never used a Blackvue or Thinkware before, so I can't say much about them.

Goluk T1 and T2 is identical besides the outer shell color.
Goluk T3 uses a different chipset, sensor, and it is a capacitor based dash cam.

The Goluk does seem to do everything needed. Good shout thank you.

Out of interest how different is it to the DDPai mini and the AutoVOX D6 mini as they both seem like cheap knock off of the Goluk...

The Goluk does seem to do everything needed. Good shout thank you.

Out of interest how different is it to the DDPai mini and the AutoVOX D6 mini as they both seem like cheap knock off of the Goluk...
AFAIK DDpai was released 1st and then came others. But these days some time its hard to tell who copies whom.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

All of these seem to have relatively the same functions and form.

Any pointers as to which I should go for?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292056825635
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231671948329
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112389455242
All seem to tick my main requirements of having WiFi, parking mode and being relatively discreet.

I would avoid ddpai mini 2 if it's the mini 2 on the listing, as during my testing, it had a lot of random shut downs from heat. Also, the ddpai parking mode is time-lapse mode, not the typical Korean dash cam style of buffering video and record when impact or motion detected.

Thanks for the heads up
Looks like the Goluk is the way forward then

Thank you all for your help

Thanks for the heads up
Looks like the Goluk is the way forward then

Thank you all for your help
yeah, not alot of ppl use goluk so far by now. So i hope after you buy and use it one or two month, you will come back here and made a review. ;)

Don't worry I definitely will...
Besides I'm getting a little hooked with this forum and feel that I'll end up with more than one camera. A rear camera may prove useful haha

My car has front, rear and side video cameras as standard but only for parking purposes so it makes sense to add a few more aftermarket for recording purposes

You CAN get hooked on dashcams- I've bought 6 so far and am about to buy another :eek: Not harmful except to your budget :p I'm going to have a closer look at the Goluck cams myself now, maybe cam number 8? :ROFLMAO:

Phil

You CAN get hooked on dashcams- I've bought 6 so far and am about to buy another :eek: Not harmful except to your budget :p I'm going to have a closer look at the Goluck cams myself now, maybe cam number 8? :ROFLMAO:

Phil

I'm already losing count on how many dash cams I have ;)

Back