Taxi fleet - All day recording

Say2paul

Reaction score
Country
India
Please suggest me a dashcam that can hold all day recording. Atleast 18 hours a day.

Thanks joklin, I definetly understand that.

However can someone help me with such configurations?

If you want decent 1080p resolution cameras you're looking at 200gb memory cards to get 18hours of recording in one go, that limits your options quite a lot

720p with low fps would serve my purpose. If there is any.

I get over 20 hours on my mobius at maximum resolution/bitrate and that's using a 128GB card

yep.. the Mobius ..

keep the quality and adjust the frame rate down ..

Some people are obsessed with the look of playback...

but in reality all that is ever important is you capture the information and evidence you need and that can be on a single frame !

Not exactly. Basically I am looking for alternates.

As of now there is only one name in this post which is Mobius.

What is your budget and what form-factor (design) of dashcam you prefer ?

What is your budget and what form-factor (design) of dashcam you prefer ?

Thanks @niko

Budget is not a problem. I am looking for following solution. Preferably integrated one device.
  1. Front camera (for outside view), preferably wide angle
  2. Inside camera
  3. Built in 3G SIM support or WIFI support so that I can remotely connect to see live videos or download
  4. Memory Card

I wish there is one integrated single solution which has all these offerings. Otherwise I have to buy multiple cameras and a separate DVR or NVR and then make an arrangement to source remote real-time connectivity for on-demand video viewing and downloading.

Last edited:
Thanks @niko

Budget is not a problem. I am looking for following solution. Preferably integrated one device.
  1. Front camera (for outside view), preferably wide angle
  2. Inside camera
  3. Built in 3G SIM support or WIFI support so that I can remotely connect to see live videos or download
  4. Memory Card

I wish there is one integrated single solution which has all these offerings. Otherwise I have to buy multiple cameras and a separate DVR or NVR and then make an arrangement to source remote real-time connectivity for on-demand video viewing and downloading.

There are solutions within one DVR system as you described, but their biggest drawback is video quality.
Those systems which has good video quality recording they lack 3G SIM solution.

Maybe closest to your need might be Transcend DrivePro 520
It comes from reputable brand, has nice features, fair video quality, dual cameras ( 1080p front and 720p for interior with IR lights ), WiFi to download files etc. The only drawback I can see is use of LiPo battery which can problem especially in hot climate.

There are solutions within one DVR system as you described, but their biggest drawback is video quality.
Those systems which has good video quality recording they lack 3G SIM solution.

Maybe closest to your need might be Transcend DrivePro 520
It comes from reputable brand, has nice features, fair video quality, dual cameras ( 1080p front and 720p for interior with IR lights ), WiFi to download files etc. The only drawback I can see is use of LiPo battery which can problem especially in hot climate.

Thank you so much @niko

This is something what I am looking for, the only missing thing which is very important in my case is remote viewing.

I need to attach the device on Uber, hence I am looking for remote surveillance.

There are no remote viewing 2ch dashcam solutions with good high quality video recording at the moment within reasonable price range.

There are no remote viewing 2ch dashcam solutions with good high quality video recording at the moment within reasonable price range.

Thanks @niko

In this case I guess I have to choose 2ch camera or may be 2 different cameras with AV out and connect them with some NVR which I can access remotely.

You may recommend any NVR which has remote viewing and also support USB mass drive so that I can attach a hard disk or pen drive.

Back