team bau from Los Angeles!

team bau

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, DVR-207GS
Hi folks!

A little background here... I was involved in a hit-and-run accident a couple years ago and thought if I only had video footage, then I could have proven to the police and insurance companies that the other car indeed did hit me. I was able to grab the plate of said car and they tracked it down only to find no damage (the whole process took about seven weeks which was plenty of time to get it fixed). It is a whole story in of itself so I won't get into it, but that is the reason I started using a dash cam.

My first/starter cam was a DVR-207GS, of which its predecessor was highly praised on Jalopnik and various other sites. In fact, my search for dash cams is what originally led me here. I've been lurking for a long time, but finally decided to register.

I used the DVR-207GS for about eight months and then the problems began. It would not consistently turn on, and the remove/reinstall battery method became tedious (didn't even always fix the issue). I recently replaced it with the Mobius. I've only used it for about one day so far and love it, aside from the buzzing/beeping issue in video playback (planning to create a new thread for that shortly).

Anyhow, I created a Vimeo channel (http://vimeo.com/channels/teambaudashcam) to highlight some of the craziness on the roads in LA. Take a peek if you're interested.

You guys have a great community here, so I guess I'm just getting started!

Hi folks!

A little background here... I was involved in a hit-and-run accident a couple years ago and thought if I only had video footage, then I could have proven to the police and insurance companies that the other car indeed did hit me. I was able to grab the plate of said car and they tracked it down only to find no damage (the whole process took about seven weeks which was plenty of time to get it fixed). It is a whole story in of itself so I won't get into it, but that is the reason I started using a dash cam.

My first/starter cam was a DVR-207GS, of which its predecessor was highly praised on Jalopnik and various other sites. In fact, my search for dash cams is what originally led me here. I've been lurking for a long time, but finally decided to register.

I used the DVR-207GS for about eight months and then the problems began. It would not consistently turn on, and the remove/reinstall battery method became tedious (didn't even always fix the issue). I recently replaced it with the Mobius. I've only used it for about one day so far and love it, aside from the buzzing/beeping issue in video playback (planning to create a new thread for that shortly).

Anyhow, I created a Vimeo channel (http://vimeo.com/channels/teambaudashcam) to highlight some of the craziness on the roads in LA. Take a peek if you're interested.

You guys have a great community here, so I guess I'm just getting started!

Welcome, team bau !

Back