( temporary issue) strange BLUE background, Mobius B-lens v1.13

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
I do have one of Mobiuses ( B-lens ) for quite long time, since they first came out and never had any major issues. But there was one case where I discovered one day video had strong BLUE background effect. Lens were clean, no fog / mist , etc. I did not discovered it till the next day when was inspecting recorded footage made within past few days. By the way, next day video recording was normal as it should be, no blue background issue any more and still works fine.

Does anyone else had similar issue ? What could cause this ?

Here is the video

Download link to original / raw video files

Likely the flex cable connector is intermittent at one pin. or it is not locked well..

Likely the flex cable connector is intermittent at one pin. or it is not locked well..

Thanks for suggestion. For this test I was driving-recording on Mobius internal battery, no external power cable was attached.

flex cable to the len.s module...I meant

I had also some blueish recordings with lens A, older FWs (didn't pay much attention at the time). I think it used to happen in cold mornings (under 0 Celsius) and with snow in the scenery at startup. So I blamed the auto white balance and didn't care much about it.
PS: In my case it didn't last a lot, I guess arround 10-15 minutes as the sun came out and the light changed.

I had it for a second, recording on the battery in MD. It was cloudy and the sun was slightly peeking out. MD sensed the leaves moving, the video started blue then changed to a normal white balance a few seconds later.

I had also some blueish recordings with lens A, older FWs (didn't pay much attention at the time). I think it used to happen in cold mornings (under 0 Celsius) and with snow in the scenery at startup. So I blamed the auto white balance and didn't care much about it.
PS: In my case it didn't last a lot, I guess arround 10-15 minutes as the sun came out and the light changed.
I had it for a second, recording on the battery in MD. It was cloudy and the sun was slightly peeking out. MD sensed the leaves moving, the video started blue then changed to a normal white balance a few seconds later.

For me also this was just one-time temporary issue. I have many thoughts why it happened. Can not make any definitive conclusion now. I will wait if same situation happens again, then can make my conclusions and will report here.
Thanks to everyone sharing their experience and thoughts.

I noticed the same blue effect in the morning when I leave for work. Usually it lasts for a few seconds...25 secs for example, yesterday, then it changed to normal.

I noticed the same blue effect in the morning when I leave for work. Usually it lasts for a few seconds...25 secs for example, yesterday, then it changed to normal.

Thanks for sharing.
I have not had since then any Mobius blue background effect. Probably it was just one-time issue ( I hope so ).

I have seen this a fair few times over the life my camera (past 8 months), but most recently have seen it today. I think it happens in lower light conditions, but it's probably not helped by the fact I have a blue bonnet in the picture.

I think this is definitely an issue for the mobius because it appears quite a few times over a 30 minute trip for me.

It seems as though they have trouble getting it to balance the colours/white balance correctly at times. I had always sort of dismissed it, because it's not a major bug, as everything is still in focus, and reg plates remain readable.

Hopefully they can address this in a firmware update.

It should be noted that I am using the A lens, and always have been. This bug has been present in 0.59, 1.13 and 1.20 firmware versions (also earlier than 0.59 but I can't be sure which versions).

I am still struggling to understand the cause of this blue tint. Was it: temperature, interference, balance of colours, etc ?, - don't understand what can or could cause it. It did not happened any more after last time, but you never know.
At least I see that other people also have it, so for sure there is some unsolved mystery for Mobius that developers should work on this.

Back