Tempting dual-cam $35 ebay. AV-C60-2

boilers

Reaction score
Country
United States
$35 ! With a cam that can be positioned out the rear. I'd even like to put that near the license plate. (with a tiny little lens wiper..hehe).

It's the rear that concerns me a lot. I got runned-over by semi truck (yes runned).
I do have some questions, and anyone that might know the answer I would be most grateful.
1. Can this be used sort of as a back-up camera, too? In other words, I wonder if one can place this at license place (the remote camera) and press a button on the window mounted portion to see in reverse? That would make it doubly-useful
2. How does the second video get recorded? Onto same SD card? How does playback software work, then?

I think this might be ideal for my Dodge Caravan, where I would like to record traffic behind me as well.
Lack of GPS is ok.

othy.png

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Mind giving us the link? I'm smelling a scam.

$35 ! With a cam that can be positioned out the rear. I'd even like to put that near the license plate. (with a tiny little lens wiper..hehe).

It's the rear that concerns me a lot. I got runned-over by semi truck (yes runned).
I do have some questions, and anyone that might know the answer I would be most grateful.
1. Can this be used sort of as a back-up camera, too? In other words, I wonder if one can place this at license place (the remote camera) and press a button on the window mounted portion to see in reverse? That would make it doubly-useful
2. How does the second video get recorded? Onto same SD card? How does playback software work, then?

I think this might be ideal for my Dodge Caravan, where I would like to record traffic behind me as well.
Lack of GPS is ok.

I would stay away from the $35.00 eBay camera. You'll get what you pay for...or less. The one you are asking about only records in 720P and is not likely to perform well or be reliable. It is not designed as a back-up camera so don't expect a cheap cam like this to have features it doesn't even list.

If you want a rear view dash camera that can also perform as a back-up camera you could probably create a DIY solution on your own that will give you good performance and reliability and also be useable for backing up. Many, (but not all) cameras have a live AV output that can be connected to an external monitor. So, just as an example, you could use a Mobius camera mounted near your license plate inside one of the waterproof housings sold by JooVuu (I believe they have a watertight miniUSB connector option available or in the works) - (also needs the optional Mobius wiring harness for AV out). You could also opt to simply just have it on your rear windshield inside your car without any waterproof housing. Either way, you would connect the camera to a live view (reversing) monitor mounted on your dashboard. There are many modestly priced reversing LCD monitors available. In other words, you can switch the monitor's view from normal mode to "mirror" mode. Here is one example.

P.S. Here's a LINK to the model @boilers mentions. It's not a scam, just a cheap obsolete dash cam.

Last edited:
Stay away from cheap cameras, I had a $100 camera for my first dash cam and it was just ok video but it's biggest problem was the 8 second gap between recoding segments. 8 seconds of video loss every 3 minutes is to big of a gap in time if you want to use the camera to record issues. I can speak from experience that my first camera missed capturing the main part of an event because of the gap. It was only a near miss of some one hitting out car but it was a the deciding factor for me to replace it with a better camera.

I went with the Finevu CR500HD its $260 but worth the money for the reliability and video quality I have recently added a second CR500Hd for my rear camera.

I bought both from the Canadian distributor www.blackboxmycar.com

When we replace our current subaru forester I will get them hard wired into the cars fuse box to eliminate the power adaptor In cars power port.

Finevu is also about to release a dual camera system here in North America in the next few months.

A K6000 dual cam? Huh, you don't see that very often. Or at all.

Here's a video comparison between a $69 Mobius & a $260 Finevu CR500HD. Mobius is on the left. Which delivers "better" video quality?

No popular dashcams discussed on this site, apart from the DVR-027 & it's clones, record with gaps between clips. The Mobius has a 1 second overlap from one clip to the next.

A coworker bought the blackvue and has been disappointed in the glitchy/jumpy video. Not sure what the deal is.
I might just buy one of these and give it a go. Awaiting some more research and answers.

A coworker bought the blackvue and has been disappointed in the glitchy/jumpy video. Not sure what the deal is.
I might just buy one of these and give it a go. Awaiting some more research and answers.
The BlackVue (Not to be confused with BlackView) seemed to be the popular choice with a lot of people when I was doing research awhile ago, but every time someone brings them up here I always here how bad they seem to be. That on top of their site getting hacked last month or so I wonder how they are still around.

Here's a video comparison between a $69 Mobius & a $260 Finevu CR500HD. Mobius is on the left. Which delivers "better" video quality?

That doesn't seem to be a fair comparison since the two videos are shot at different times, locations etc.
At least when I did mine
I had the cameras mounted right next to each other so they were getting exactly the same input.

since youtube can degrade the visual experience a bit, what's your personal take sludge, on which is better? Better deal?

The DR32 cost $100 & lasted about 8 months (and had many issues).
The G1W cost half that &, supposedly, has better low light. since making that comparison vid, I have cranked the EV up a notch but I might end up putting it back to zero since the afternoons are much lighter now.
The G1W has a slight audio issue - the level seems to rise and fall in a kind of wave- still makes it far better than the DR32
I'll be happy if I get 8 months out of the G1W - by which time, todays great cams will hopefully be more affordable or manufacturers might be giving us more of what WE want

sludgeguts beat me to it.

since youtube can degrade the visual experience a bit, what's your personal take sludge, on which is better? Better deal?
While i don't have a DR32 I did notice that sludgeguts profile mentions F70, G1W (DR32 packed up - absolutely crap bit of rubbish)
I remember awhile ago they had some problems with the firmware with the DR32, but i think they fixed it now.
I do have a G1W and while I don't like it as much as my Vico that is unfair because my Vico was about 200 dollars more. However the G1W is a great camera for the price. Does good in the day and decent at night.

The DR32 also costs about 50 dollars or more then the G1W

Last edited by a moderator:
sludgeguts beat me to it.

While i don't have a DR32 I did notice that sludgeguts profile mentions F70, G1W (DR32 packed up - absolutely crap bit of rubbish)
I remember awhile ago they had some problems with the firmware with the DR32, but i think they fixed it now.

'they' kept us hanging, saying that they were writing new firmware to solve the really crap audio problems many of us were having.
The 'new' firmware they sent us turned out to be about 5 months old - they just told us a complete pack of lies!
The problem was eventually narrowed down to a batch of crap microphones (thanks to a user on here), but sadly, too late for most of us who had already adapted our cameras.
There is also a problem with the video, blues and reds leave comet trails!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back