Terrible Night Performance

tornadocondor

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I've been running this dash cam for nearly 6 months. I love it but it seems like its night performance is simply terrible. Here are some screenshots:

It seems like the lights flare up during the night. This doesn't happen during day time

Hello, your samples are not showing up. You have a 1 year no hassle warranty so if something is needed happy to help. Guessing, It could be that your window/lens isn't clean or sensor needs to be re-calibrated, I'll private message you special instructions.

Hm, for some reason the links to the pictures didn't show up.

Here they are:

cLaDnKo.png

ViYbERj.jpg

Is your window clean inside and out? Need to use a non-ammonia based window clear to prevent any invisible film that can cause light to refract like that. Lens clean? What firmware version are you on? I just sent a private message as well.

Hello,

Thank you for the amazingly quick reply. Yes, my windows are clean. Let me try to use the cloth and clean the lens of the camera. As for firmware version, what's the easiest way to check?

Thanks!

I'll reply to your message.

Lol. I clean my baby every week. I'll make sure to clean it extra hard tomorrow

Lol. I clean my baby every week. I'll make sure to clean it extra hard tomorrow
But how often do you clean the inside surface of the windscreen? A near invisible film builds up over time, which may be a factor in your video quality concerns. Windex isn't ideal, Invisible Glass is a popular product that does the job properly.

Last edited:
i cleaned my CCTV camera lens's the other week, made one hell of a difference, the lights were all flared out before, but after it gave a lot more detail and clarity. it happens soo slowly you don't notice it degrading until you clean it.
your window or lens is not clean.

I'm a smoker and even with the window open and drafting the smoke out, there's a nicotine build-up on the windows and lens within 1-2 weeks of a cleaning. And the rear window of my van where that cam is collects road grime so quickly that it often needs a quick wipe daily :eek: I've had several old cars where the fumes from oil leaks coated the windshield pretty fast. But worst of all and the toughest to remove is the film of anti-freeze from a leaky heater core. I've never found anything which could cut that stuff and getting the windshield clean of it takes about an hour with several cleaning agents one after the other :(

In time you'll bet used to giving the areas of the windows in front of your cams extra attention ;)

Phil

Back