Testing my patience keeps crashing

Wacman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The blue charging light flashing inconsistently fast and screen goes black causing a press of the reset button.

Tried different cards, hard wire, straight to 12v socket, auto power off, parking mode etc and nothing fixed it.

Any ideas.

There are dozens of posts here regarding the 522 freezing.

Millie has replied to most of them with the suggested solutions.

522gw seems to be a hit and miss cam, some people love it and swear by it and have no issues and others cameras are riddled with issues, i dont have any experience with it but my 322gw experience was overall positive except some minor issues

The 322 is a no frills cam and as you say has generated very few posted issues here. The 522 and 622 have everything bar the kitchen sink and have both generated a lot of support posts.

seems the less features the cameras havev the less issues, havent heard a peep about the 122 and 222, if the 622gw was reliable and didnt have the issues i would have went with it, its a shame because im a massive fan of the 622 design

That's where we differ :)

One of my red lines was any cam on a ball joint was out. I remove my cam regularly and those with a solid one handed mount produce far sharper footage on uneven roads.

When I look back at my saved 402 and 412 footage. The amount of vibration, seen by scrutinising the stationary windscreen wipers, is annoying. Plus, when remounting ball joint cams you have to realign them every time.

I really thought Nextbase had it cracked with the 380 design but the series 2 cams wandered back. The 380 suffered from poor resolution and no CPL mount so had to go.

The blue charging light flashing inconsistently fast and screen goes black causing a press of the reset button.

Tried different cards, hard wire, straight to 12v socket, auto power off, parking mode etc and nothing fixed it.

Any ideas.
Hello,

The blue LED shows power and charging. If it's flashing, either the power isn't being correctly supplied or there's a battery issue. I would recommend the following:

1. Remove the cable from the GPS mount. Remove the cam from the GPS mount. Plug the cable directly into the top of the cam. Does it blue LED now stay on correctly? If so, the GPS mount is faulty.

2. Try the Dashcam inside your home using the USB cable. Does the blue LED now stay on? If so, then there's a power issue within the car.

3. Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does the blue LED now stay on consistently?

4. I'd recommend performing a battery test:
a. Unplug the Rear Dash Cam (if applicable) and remove the Dash Cam from it's windscreen mount.
b. Take the Dash Cam indoors and remove the SD card.
c. Using the USB cable provided in the box, plug it into a mains power supply (2 Amp recommended), make sure to plug the cable into the body of the camera, not through the car mount.
d. Go into the Dash Cam menu and make sure that Parking Mode is turned off (if applicable), if Parking Mode is enabled, this will affect the test.
e. Leave the camera on charge for 4 hours (or more) with the camera turned on. When fully charged, the blue charging LED should turn off.
f. Unplug the power cable, the camera should shut down.
g. Turn the Dash Cam on (using only battery power) and time how long it takes for the battery to run out and the camera to shut down.

Please note:
After performing this test, your Dash Cam will need to charged again, before reinstalling in your car.

The battery should last for 8+ minutes during the above test. If the battery lasts for less than 8 minutes, the battery may have reached the end of it's lifespan. If this is the case, it would explain the blue flashing LED.~

Please let me know if any of the four above points resolve the issue.

If you would prefer to do direct troubleshooting, please email support@nextbase.co.uk or call 02920866429 (UK).

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Not a Nextbase dash cam owner but I have to say I love the replies from Nextbase support Millie who’s replies alway go through tests from start to finish [emoji106]

Millie is always very quick and helpful with her replies

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rcg530 522GW 29
Back