Thai driver wants to teach lane hogger a lesson but ends up....

Is that a sepia-toned video? :rolleyes:

I noticed that the next driver to arrive, who probably had a good view of what happened, drove off into the distance.

We didn't see what lead up to that incident but the driver in the camera car didn't appear to be hogging the lane.

...but the driver in the camera car didn't appear to be hogging the lane.
I'd have to agree with this as the cam car was traveling faster than traffic in both lanes to his left.

We didn't see what lead up to that incident but the driver in the camera car didn't appear to be hogging the lane.

He most certainly was after 12 seconds into the clip. And the white car ended up hogging two lanes :p

Cam car was keeping a good distance. This always annoys me when a no doubt tail-gater tries to squeeze into the gap by undertaking.

Lovely comeuppance!

Full colour version already posted https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...g-horn-causes-another-car-to-roll-over.25612/

Not sure how other countries define lane hogging but, in general, if you are not actually overtaking anything then you need to keep to your left (in the UK). If there's room for someone to come past on your inside then you are hogging.
Here, although the cam car is gaining on the car in lane 2, he probably should've moved over after passing the last vehicle in order to let those wishing to drive faster come by.

In this video, which side is the FAST lane (aka the passing lane)? Right, I presume?

Yes, the right is the passing lane here. Idiot who passed was probably way above the posted limit, so there's no way to predict that kind of driver's actions. i think if you absolutely HAD to find fault with the cam car, it might be that he didn't brake hard enough, but that's pretty unreasonable IMHO.

I am pretty sure a lot of Danes looked at their TV with disbelief yesterday as a cop explained that you are not allowed to exceed the speed limit while overtaking, at least in the COP program grown up people my own age was totally clueless, arguing you can go any speed while passing to get it done faster.

Now i have spent the most of my own life telling myself all kinds of BS, but it would appear i was still pretty much in contact with the real world,,, unlike so many people today.

I am pretty sure a lot of Danes looked at their TV with disbelief yesterday as a cop explained that you are not allowed to exceed the speed limit while overtaking, at least in the COP program grown up people my own age was totally clueless, arguing you can go any speed while passing to get it done faster.

Kamkar1, if ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy? ;)

When I'm passing on a two lane road, it's hammer down and get it done quickly. Multi lane, no need to. The law regarding "speeding" is basically BS anyway. Everyone, cops included, does 10 to 15kms over the limit here, and it's only after you go crazy and push your luck that they'll nail you.

In BC, 40kms over the posted speed limit is considered "Excessive speed" and they'll give you a whopper fine then impound your vehicle on the spot!
More than one Albertan was hurtin from the little speed trap at Te Jaune Cache where it drops from 100 to 60 in a short little stretch...

The letter of the law brings death, the spirit of the law gives life. :D

Back