Thank you Thinkware F750!

It says "This video has been removed by user".

It says "This video has been removed by user".
So sorry, I accidentally posted it with my work youtube account, so just put it back up with my personal one. Should be fixed now.

A little clip. The other car didn't show obvious damage, was your car OK?

I was hit by an 89 year old priest.

What church is this? Never seen a priest drive a brand new Mercedes SUV before. I would not be so happy if I was a member of that congregation unless they really hustle and sell a boat load of banana cakes or something.

That was the curch of our blessed greenback :D

Last edited:
Both cars were drivable after the accident, very minor damage. Keep in mind, at 89 years old, this guy was so out of it, I had to walk him through exchanging insurance information. Eventually he offered to pay the damage directly to avoid going through insurance. And he had dents from at least one other accident that looked super fresh.

So in the end I decide to go through insurance... but they ruled me 50% at fault. This was because priest said he was in the left lane the entire time and that I cut him off. Can't believe he LIED!!! Then I supplied the dashcam footage because I wanted to see how they would rule without it to prove a point. And thus they reversed it and made it 100% the priest's fault.

Everyone should have a dashcam...

What church is this? Never seen a priest drive a brand new Mercedes SUV before. I would not be so happy if I was a member of that congregation unless they really hustle and sell a boat load of banana cakes or something.
I've seen it where the priest's wife is a doctor or lawyer and so their fancy cars and big house were legitimately purchased without using church moneys. But sadly, that's probably the exception...

This guy was deeply involved with the Vatican, spent time there, traveled with a former pope. So that's why I was so surprised that he would lie, unless he truly believed he stayed in the left lane the whole time.

Having dashcams proves: - "don't trust anyone, only your dashcam !" ;)

This is a good argument for having a rear cam. Much easier to determine what actually happened versus having to deduce it from a front cam.

This is a good argument for having a rear cam. Much easier to determine what actually happened versus having to deduce it from a front cam.
true, though a front cam would also show that OP never left his own lane till he pulled over after being hit.

side cam might show the mercedes driver slumped over the wheel asleep, playing with his phone, or perhaps trying desperately to see over the wheel. :D

suddenly i'm reminded of that Flight 405 video from back in the day - probably one of the first viral videos ever.

these 2 parts in particular:
405a.PNG
405b.PNG

Audio worked in your favour too I expect. You clearly warned him of your presence.
If I ever end up like him I hope I realise it and have the sense to hang up my keys for good.

Back