The 522GW really is awful

Quick update from me. I got access to the connector for the fly lead of the rear camera to the long lead that runs under the roof lining to the front.
It looks like that connector wasn't pushed fully home. Pushed it all the way in, re-concealed it behind the trim, and (fingers crossed) no freezing main unit.
Tentatively, it's fixed for me :)

Result!

I won a 522GW in an Instagram giveaway, had it professionally installed using the hardwire kit, and have been using it for approximately two weeks now. I don't sync it with my phone at all. I just pull the card every few days, copy the content to a computer, format the card, and begin again. I also let it go to screensaver mode. So far the camera is working great for me. I always buy the largest card that I can get to work in a dashcam and attempt to copy off the content and reformat rather than letting it roll over.

I won a 522GW in an Instagram giveaway, had it professionally installed using the hardwire kit, and have been using it for approximately two weeks now. I don't sync it with my phone at all. I just pull the card every few days, copy the content to a computer, format the card, and begin again. I also let it go to screensaver mode. So far the camera is working great for me. I always buy the largest card that I can get to work in a dashcam and attempt to copy off the content and reformat rather than letting it roll over.

Word (y)

Hi mate, thanks for your input. I was just wondering, with the camera optimally setup like this (screen switched off, not using online features) how is the temperature of it? I see everyone reporting 322GW,422Gw,522GW reporting it getting extremely hot and overheating causing it to shutoff on amazon. So im wondering if this makes it usable.

This might be my only option other than the VIOFO A129 because thats the only one at this price range. Even thought ive heard nextbase firmware and support is awful, its the only one with a battery at this pricerange. VIOFO has no battery

This might be my only option other than the VIOFO A129 because thats the only one at this price range. Even thought ive heard nextbase firmware and support is awful, its the only one with a battery at this pricerange. VIOFO has no battery
Are you saying that you want a battery?

Most people don't want the battery, because lithium batteries die when they get hot on sunny days...

Hi mate, thanks for your input. I was just wondering, with the camera optimally setup like this (screen switched off, not using online features) how is the temperature of it? I see everyone reporting 322GW,422Gw,522GW reporting it getting extremely hot and overheating causing it to shutoff on amazon. So im wondering if this makes it usable.

Hi,

All of our cameras are tested between -20'C (-4F) to +45'C (113'F), although if the car temperature exceeds this you could potentially experience issues. We'd recommend removing the Dash Cam and placing in the glove compartment when the Dash Cam is not in use to prevent it being unnecessarily heated on the windscreen. When storing the Dash Cam for an extended time period, store within the following temperature range: from 0° to 25°C (from 32° to 77°F).
Under the mount is a heat sync, so this is the part of the camera that will get hottest. It's nothing to worry about, they're designed to cope with the heat they produce.

However excess heat can be caused by a failed SD card, especially a cracked card. We always recommend using Nextbase SD cards in a Nextbase camera.

We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and I am sorry that you think otherwise.

If you do need help, feel free to call our Sales or Support Teams. Our contact numbers are available here: https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/

Regards,
Millie

Nextbase Technical Support

Back