The best free video editor ( An introduction to VideoPad )

Hmmm ,
You got your icon issue fixed = Good ..

And here is a Video in video Guide

Its very easy to do
First video is the base layer , 2nd video is the overlay ..
Everything else is chalk and cheese

Last edited:
Hmmm ,
You got your icon issue fixed = Good ..

And here is a Video in video Guide

Its very easy to do
First video is the base layer , 2nd video is the overlay ..
Everything else is chalk and cheese
Looks good,thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

VideoPad gets a thumbs up from me! I'm a total noob editing videos and it was pretty simple to work out how to do what I wanted to do. I tried VSDC but it would not export anything, just gave errors and to be honest was just plain confusing.

Made this up just this morning:

Probably not the greatest job but gave me the chance to try some basic stuff out in VideoPad. Finished quality, even on YouTube, is indistinguishable from the raw footage. It does take a while to build previews sometimes, but that'll be due to my old laptop: AMD Phenom II X3 Mobile 2.1Ghz (triple core), 4GB DDR3 Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 GPU, 320GB HDD. It pegs the CPU at 100% when rendering which is good IMO, it's working my machine as fast as it can. :) Overall system stability and responsiveness is also good, even when rendering. Didn't look at RAM usage but I assume it was fine.

I tried it and one thing I don't like is it doesn't save project so there's no way to go back and open the saved project.
It just prompts to export video and no option to save a project for later on.
Not usable for longer projects.

I've had no trouble saving projects, have saved and loaded quite a few without issue.

When I exit , it prompts me to save the project automatically ...
+ You should be able to save the project manually

It prompts but never saves the project.
Maybe some permission issue.
Hmmm...

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking for a good free/cheap editor for a while and this fits the bill quite nicely. I was able to edit my first clip and get it up on YouTube in about 30 minutes.

Thank you again!

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking for a good free/cheap editor for a while and this fits the bill quite nicely. I was able to edit my first clip and get it up on YouTube in about 30 minutes.

Thank you again!

No problem ...

I will see

Does not look like it , unless there is a plug in

Last edited:
is it just me or is the free version now for a limited time trial only? i downloaded and played around a bit (for a couple of weeks), exported a sequences to file with no problems, but now when i try to export a sequence to a movie file, i get this message - "we hope you have enjoyed your free trial of video pad..." with options on how to purchase a usable version.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/

2k07l.jpg

Got to make sure you download the free version ...

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/

If your saying the free version is no longer free , then I can't help with that ..
Unless I have it on a HDD somewhere .. (?)
You may want to torrent search for the free version if it is truly gone ..

i think i'm out of luck, that whole "get it free" paragraph in the screenshot above is not visible. they either discontinued the free or it isn't available in my country, which wouldn't surprise me. I'll look for it again next time i'm in north america and see if a that will help.

Google free videopad ...
Make sure you follow the link for the free videopad ...

I think you actually land on a different page ( possibly ) , it's happened to me .. ( Free link not visible )

I've been playing around with this editor a little bit, the learning curve is a bit more than I thought it would be over the Windows one, but I see its potential. However I am getting an error with it loading:
Screenshot 2017-05-03 17.25.54.png

i have tried re-installing it as it indicates but the problem is still there.

Wow transition icon ??
Whats probably happening is you have deleted the software , but haven't ..
A lot of stuff is left behind , sometimes the original folder with all the files ..
So what might have to happen is you physically have to go in and remove the VideoPad files ..

Do you run something like C Cleaner ? ( Registry cleaner mode )

If you don't make sure everything is gone , re installing just means that the old files are used ...
Windows is getting too smart for its own good ( or is that stupid ) ..

Maybe you deleted any core file from the installation directory. There are a bunch of other good video editors available on the market. Some of them are totally free but you can Try the paid ones for free.

I have just tried the free version - all is fine.

Except...

Like WMM and one or two others that are free, when I combine 2 5 minute videos together that follow on from each other the is an obvious "join" where the 2 meet. Is there a way to make the join invisible/seamless or would I need a full version of this or an alternative editing programme?

Back