The G90 mount is rubbish - what alternatives have we got?

I like where this is going...

something like this
oTRbR9dMmWSLOi80
I've been looking on Amazon. If someone can find something that will fit I will give it a try. I just don't want to buy 10 rubber balls and have none of them fit.
Maybe even a hardware store might have something
I might go this week and see what I can find

Can we heat the ball and flatten it so it fits in a bigger thingy?

Finally catching up with everything - so the GS6000 mount arrived from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00EVR6SHM
61XHwxFgSLL._SL1500_.jpg

It needed some plastic shaving to allow the G90 to fit but here we go - you can see the suction cup is much larger than the standard mount.

IMG_1145.JPG IMG_1144.JPG IMG_1143.JPG

For reference the standard G90 mount only has two pins connected - it's not pin compatible with the GS6000 mount so would need some pins swapping but for now the standard USB socket works fine on the camera.

Can you mount the cam on a level, flat surface and show a couple images of the cameras arc? The issue I have with the g90 is the cam will not arc down far enough.

Edit to add: can you show exactly what needs to he shaved and what you used? I don't have many tools...

I've found the same mount on the us amazon site....

Last edited:
I'm guessing the ball socket is the same size? so it would be useless for me to get and cut one open.

There's slightly more than 90 degrees of adjustment available so hopefully it should work in most scenarios.

IMG_1148.JPG IMG_1147.JPG

I also just came across the Dome BL500 . I wounder if that mount would fit or be swapable, but I doubt anyone has both cameras to try it.

How did you actually get to the ball socket mate as no matter how much I pried I couldn't get it open on the standard G90 mount?

The PCBs at the USB end are totally different - the G90 one is a large PCB but the G6000 one is a tiny little thing :/

IMG_1138.JPG IMG_1136.JPG IMG_1135.JPG IMG_1134.JPG IMG_1129.JPG

That G90 PCB mentions GPS - not sure if maybe they are planning one with a GPS module in there maybe?

How did you actually get to the ball socket mate as no matter how much I pried I couldn't get it open on the standard G90 mount?
I tried to pry it at first. Then a friend had the idea to heat a needle up on the stove and kind of burn through when I got it open a little by prying. He was able to melt and weaken it enough to get it out.

Right, so I've just placed an order for this mount for the g90 a70 hand will followup once I get it. Thanks Rev for the information!

Can you kindly point out what you had to modify on he camera to get it to fit?

Sorry it's not a better picture but basically you just need to shave some of the plastic from the top of the circled area- it will make sense when you get the mount and sit it by the original mount as you can see that the plastic lip on the G90 itself is actually thicker. Because of this it's why you just need to take a layer or two of plastic away until you can slide the G90 into the new mount.

I'll give it a go over the next couple of days but worst case Sabe had the right idea using a cable tie to lock the camera onto the mount so there's no chance of movement, but it may not be required depending on how much plastic you take off.

I just used a sharp knife to take a bit off at a time until it fit :)

g90 modified mount.jpg

cheers mate, ive a dremel tool with a little sander thingy so that should help me.

will follow up...

That will make it really easy mate - you can just undo a couple of screws at the top of the pin connector and it will lift out to give you a bit of room to work as well :)

Well it's in and has been fine so far - it seems to stick to the screen well and from the video footage I've checked there is potentially less vibration than what I had with the factory mount which is a bonus.

There's also a really quick sample clip here I used for the dashmat thread:

IMG_1151.JPG IMG_1152.JPG

The camera is definitely more secure in the new mount - in the factory provided mount you can see the camera had a tiny amount of play so was causing the image to bounce a little (I'm talking a couple of pixels so nothing major) but the jitter has now gone with this mount :)

the bigger surface area of the suction cup is helping im sure.

look forward to getting this sucker. i pulled out my dremel and charged up the battery in anticipation... :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DeLorean G90 10
Sunny G90 4
C G90 5
Back