The importance of having a Dash Camera

Great story, and I totally agree. This in part is why dashcams are going to be my christmas gifts this year. :D Nothing worse than the regret of not having video that could have cost just $100 to $300 to have.

Dashcam footage can not be used as evidence here in Denmark. :(
It is okay to record whatever you like from your car, but if you make it public it is illigal if some one is the primary objekt in the movie.

No matter what i will keep recording and exposing idiot drivers untill a judge tell me to stop, and only then i will stop but i will do so under protest.

1 thing i find strange, if a accident have happened why dont the police check the call log on the involved ppl`s cellphones ?
I am quite sure many accidents every year happen due to use of cellphone while driving, i have even notised a increase of lane departure accidents and simmilar wierd circumstances here in Denmark.

Dashcam footage can not be used as evidence here in Denmark. :(

Wow, does your legal system model it's rules on the not being able to use Slow Motion video in major league US sports? What's the logic of excluding all dashcam video all together? I hope you can at least show the police officer the video if their is a question that's easily resolved with video footage.

I have allways found it hard to find the logic in Danish society, but i think the police wont mind seeing footage from a dashcam, as well as Insurance Companies.
But it can not be used in a Court of law to my knowlege.

Kinda fun cuz Danish politicians would love to have as many CCTV cameras at the English have monitoring ther streets, and they would love to force ppl to drive with a GPS module so they can tax ppl for use of roads.

Having the Worlds highest tax levels, and the Worlds largest public sector isent enuff aparently :oops:

I have allways found it hard to find the logic in Danish society, but i think the police wont mind seeing footage from a dashcam, as well as Insurance Companies.
But it can not be used in a Court of law to my knowlege.
Wow, that's rough. Are murder weapons and shell casings permitted there ? :D ;) I guess fingerprints shouldn't be acceptable either, maybe someone manipulated them. :p

Some of you are getting a little too deep in the weeds as far as what an officer can and can not do at the scene of an accident. (In the US) I’ll try to clear a path out for you. I’ve started a new thread, “A DASH CAM CAN NOT ONLY HELP YOU BUT IT CAN ALSO HURT YOU” It should answer a few questions and shed a different shade of light on Dash-Cams’s evil, not-so- better half. Hopefully, members of this forum can use this info to their advantage and avoid the pitfalls.

I am trying to say that are more chances for a policeman to look at my smartphone, out from my car, instead of entering in my car even just with his head.
I even don't now if they can go into a car and if their regulations accept a policeman to enter into somebody car. It is also about their safety.

Also you know that almost people here are hiding the camera under the rearview mirror (even is a camera with display and is possible to need it) so is almost impossible to watch a video without unmounting the dashcam or the mirror. When unmounting the dashcam the driver must to take out also the power wire because many dashcams have capacitors inside so playback is impossible without permanent power.

And to not "redo everything", the best for policeman is to have the evidence before the video witness leave the accident scene. Again, with a smartphone, wirelessly you can have the backup and give the card without any fear.

For me is very simple and good this wireless idea. Many people think is useless or too much for them. But someday they will learn is a must.

enjoy,
Mtz

Now we had it, a lot of WIFI DVR support smartphone remote control.

I was the 2nd car to arrive at a solo motorcycle accident where 2 people killed. I submitted the video to California Highway Patrol for investigation.
Unfortunately my dash cam at that time was a XX7 type with 480p and narrow angle, can't see what lead to the accident.

If manufacturers made dashcams that we have been asking for (for a long time) on here...
Remote cams, centralised DVR which can be under a seat, under the dash, in the glove box etc.
This centralised DVR need be no larger than a smartphone and could be mounted in a special quick release cradle - whereby all wires are plugged into the cradle and the DVR takes all it needs via a dedicated port (like putting your smartphone onto a music system).
Any problem & an officer at the scene could view footage.
A short connector could also be used with an app to use the phone's bluetooth capability to send the clip to the cop's phone?

I stand corrected, a random guy running a red light in front of a driving instructor with a dashcam have resulted in the red runner getting busted.
So dashcam footage can be used, and thats pretty nice since many ppl here capitalise on the notion that you only have to uphold the law when the police are around.
When it come to surveillance at large our post 9-11 rules are 1 up on the Americans as seen from the goverments side, and worst of all, they store the information on easy to get at computers.
For instance all +5 million Danish social security numbers was lost to hackers a while back, along with the databases of the police and other public institutions. :oops:

I've posted these before but believe they reinforce the importance of having a dashcam...
Silly b***h was on the phone (no doubt whilst still driving!) to my boss to complain about my dangerous driving - especially how I sat dangerously close behind her, "intimidating" her. That's not quite how the video sees it.

And

Insurance company sent us a letter stating that the other driver claimed she was turning right at the roundabout & I cut her up. This accident was deemed to be my fault.
I doubt our insurance had even looked at my report since I included a disk with the footage on plus a link to the YT clip.
As is plain to see, she WAS NOT turning right at the roundabout & how could I cut her up when she was A. in the wrong lane and B. driving way faster than me, obviously trying to zoom through.

Both good examples of how important dashcams are.

Back