Viofo duo behaving differently

Steve698

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have had the Viofo duo fitted for about a month now and it has been working perfectly, however the last few days and nights a couple of things have changed. The cameras are set to record in 3 min segments but seem to be recording randomly, sometimes I get 1 min others just 30 secs then back to 3 mins then it will miss and not record anything for 5/6 mins before coming back and randomly recording again. It's hardwired and all connections are good and power never shuts off.
Another problem is when in parking mode it sometimes just stops, last night for instance car was parked from 7:00 p.m and the recording started but at 4:23 a.m it just shut off and didn't start again until 9:30 a.m when the car was started again. I have the shut off set at 12v and the battery is in good condition although I haven't measured it to get an accurate reading.
Any ideas ?

Do you have any form of motion detect on ?
Have you tried to format the memory card in the camera to reset it.
You might also try to reload or update the firmware, i had this fix one of my SG cameras that somehow freaked itself out, years later its still good and never did the same again.

I dont think this have anything to do with the HW kit, when car run it should also be around 14 volts so way higher than 12 volts.

Is motion detection turned on?

Motion detection is off. I did reformat the card this afternoon so don't know if it has changed anything yet, the firmware is up to date with version 1.5.

Test the card. H2testw, F3X.

Both are programs to test memory media, H2testw - Windows, F3X - Mac.

Yes memory card can go dodgy out of the blue too, if one such are related to your devise and it go weird testing the memory card is also on the top of the list of things to do.
ANd H2testw are a nifty little tool for this.

OK tested the card and all was fine. Reformatted and it seems to be recording in the 3 min segments it's been set for. However in parking mode it just keeps shutting down.
Last night car was parked at 18:00 and it recorded until 09:00 then nothing, everything comes back on when the car is started but for some reason it won't loop record in parking mode. It's set for low bitrate in parking mode.

OK tested the card and all was fine. Reformatted and it seems to be recording in the 3 min segments it's been set for. However in parking mode it just keeps shutting down.
Last night car was parked at 18:00 and it recorded until 09:00 then nothing, everything comes back on when the car is started but for some reason it won't loop record in parking mode. It's set for low bitrate in parking mode.
Kit is probably shutting the camera down. Try setting to 11.8V and see what happens. It recorded for 15 hours before shutting down, so that's not too bad. Your battery might not be as charged as you think. How often and for how long do you drive?

4 days a week it gets over 100 mile round trip, other 3 probably 10 miles each day. I will try resetting to 11.8v see if that helps.

Back