The last days of Spring. Or are they?

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
Summer is here where I am, but the hottest part isn't here yet. This year has been the longest time in ten years between turning the heat off and turning the cooling on; not quite hot enough for cooling yet but maybe soon.

Maybe I'll mail @Module 79L an ice cube to help out :p Seriously too warm there- hope that changes for the better soon ;)

Phil

Seriously too warm there- hope that changes for the better soon ;)

Phil
I'm not counting on that. The usual average highs for this time of year used to be around 25ºC (77ºF) and we're already 3-4ºC above average for the whole Spring. Since last year the region where I live has been the most affected by the heat waves, so I'm preparing for the worst. I'm officially volunteering to test dashcams under severely hot conditions.

Well, accuweather.com seems to be very optimistic about July and August. I'd like to share their optimism but the weather is so unpredictable these days...

Me too, though i have become too old for Birthday presents, i just hope i will be able to treat myself to something nice.
But i am a modest man so a ice-cream with 4 balls in it will be fine, not least on a nice warm day.

Now it has gone completely bonkers! :eek::confused:

Tempo maluco.jpg

Weather station updates:
9AM - 29ºC (84.2ºF)
10AM - 34ºC (93.2ºF)
11AM - 38ºC (100.4ºF)
12PM - 39ºC (102.2ºF)
1PM - 42ºC (107.6ºF)

Last edited:
Uuuuu that's like getting a hammer in the face when you walk out the door

But if you have a surplus please send some of it north

I am counting on you to provide this information at least through the third week of August :D
No problem. Let's just hope I won't be the bearer of bad news.

Our Weather Institute just released an intermediate report regarding the heat wave we've been under since June 6th. As expected, on the last 5 days of Spring all the previous temperature records (both high and low) were broken. By the way, the previous records were all registered during the Summer, never in Spring. :confused:
Some "fun" facts: the highs' average was 39.1ºC (102.4ºF), 13.8 degrees above normal, and the lows' average was 19.7ºC (67.5ºF), 6.2 degrees above normal.

Here are the tables of the stations that registered temperatures > 43ºC (109.4ºF) - Table 1 - and the stations that registered the highest lows - Table 2. I should mention that more than 50% of the stations registered temperatures above 40ºC (104ºF) on the 17th:

Heat wave temps.png

Last edited:
PHEW....... Pepe Le phew

Do you still want some of this heat? Because it has moved north and inland and I don't have it anymore. :p
Now we're down to a "refreshing" 32ºC. :confused:

A recent news article here predicts that the entire SE US will trend toward much warmer and drier weather, beginning within the next few years and continuing as far ahead as they can see. The long-term prediction (500 years+) is that we will go from forests to a grassland :eek: I love the trees here and I cannot imagine this area without them :(
I like the lack of cold winters here too, but the summer heat is quite hot enough now. If the trend goes quicker than I think it will may end up moving back to the local hills where it's always a few degrees cooler year-round and there is enough groundwater to keep the trees growing :cool:

Phil

I am counting on you to provide this information at least through the third week of August :D
So, do you already have an ETA on this little garden planted by the seaside we call Portugal? ;)
If it's ok with you, it would be nice to know what places you're going to visit so I can give you an idea of the weather forecasts for those places.

Back