The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

From that list is missing the best. It have waterproof remote.

enjoy,
Mtz

Right i forgot Git2 in the list! but i know is a good cam
but is more than 130 €, others in the list is all under 100€.

And your second choice? :D
i know Git2 is the best, have gyro and remote and all i need. But i don't have the possibility to buy it, i can found only on Gearbest in the China Warehouse, and nothing in Eu.

Help me, between these cameras which do you choose?

- Elephone Explorer Pro
- Sj8000 or Sj9000
- Eken H3R or H8R
- Soocoo C30
- action cam Q6 or Q3H
- Excelvan Q8
- AMK7000S

You forgot to add the Git2 to the list ;).

Later edit: didn't see the previous posts ...

last questions about Git2:
- remote controller is 3m waterproof or better?
- it support 2k/60fps but no 4k right?

last questions about Git2:
- remote controller is 3m waterproof or better?
- it support 2k/60fps but no 4k right?
The remote is 3m waterproof - swimming is OK but no diving. I doubt the radio signal works underwater anyway, water tends to block radio!

It does have a 2880x2160 24fps mode - what all these other cameras call 4K but isn't! Most people use it at 1080 60fps which produces nice smooth stabilised video with great colours.

Q3H-2: ( link: )

Sensor: Sony 179A (?)
DSP: V3S (?)
Resolution:
4K 30fps/1920*1080 60fps /1920*1080 30fps /1280*720 120fps /
1280*720 60fps /1280*720 30fps (??!!)
Resolution of photos: 16M /4M /2M /10M /8M/ 5M (???!!)
Price: $45

Too good to be thrue... so certainly fake

Reactions: Mtz
Q3H-2: ( link: )

Sensor: Sony 179A (?)
DSP: V3S (?)
Resolution:
4K 30fps/1920*1080 60fps /1920*1080 30fps /1280*720 120fps /
1280*720 60fps /1280*720 30fps (??!!)
Resolution of photos: 16M /4M /2M /10M /8M/ 5M (???!!)
Price: $45

Too good to be thrue... so certainly fake
That is a tiny mobile phone sensor, an odd choice to put behind a big GoPro size lens!

Reactions: Mtz
That is a tiny mobile phone sensor, an odd choice to put behind a big GoPro size lens!

more likely it has some other sensor and that one is listed for marketing purposes as it sounds better than what they actually use

The remote is 3m waterproof - swimming is OK but no diving. I doubt the radio signal works underwater anyway, water tends to block radio!

It does have a 2880x2160 24fps mode - what all these other cameras call 4K but isn't! Most people use it at 1080 60fps which produces nice smooth stabilised video with great colours.
YouTube contributor MicBergsma showed graphically that his Hero 3 or 3+ definitely doesn't connect with the remote passed a few inches in his pool!

A special case is the fake XiaoMi products, for example the Yi action camera 2. This camera is real 4K, is produced by Yi Technology and this company is not selling or advertising it as an XiaoMi product, but only the sellers and some people from Internet are using the XiaoMi brand name along the Yi just to sell the product or obtain some traffic site.

Previously, Yi Technology had some partnership with XiaoMi, obtaining from them the permission to use the XiaoYi (not XiaoMi) brand name which was very close to XiaoMi. But never, any Yi camera was produced by XiaoMi, but by Yi. XiaoYi.com is also owned by XiaoMi.com so Yi was forced to obtain their own domain after their partnership ended.

Because the XiaoYi name was very close to the XiaoMi name the sellers started to use the XiaoMi name instead of XiaoYi just for selling purposes. Of course Yi company was very happy with this "mistake" and was the chance of their life to have big sales, or even they suggested in some unofficial way to international sellers to use the XiaoMi name near Yi. In some places you can find the Yi camera as XiaoYi Yi camera.

When the dashcam was launched the connection between XiaoMi and Yi stopped, XiaoYi.com starting to redirect to actual Yi site.
There are rumors that their partnership ended because Yi advertised their first dashcam to use the A12 chipset, printing A12 over the Novatek NT96660 which was in reality the chipset used in their camera. But I think more that the XiaoMi was not happy to see focus problems at Yi action camera, then the same focus problems at their dashcam and considered this is affecting their good reputation. Or maybe they became jealous on Yi sales? Because they also know that if the Yi had not the XiaoMi name the Yi could be just some camera with focus problems.

enjoy,
Mtz

P.S. I know some people will tell me that the first Yi camera was listed on some page of xiaomi.com site Chinese version, but this thing is not transforming the Yi camera as an XiaoMi product because is not made by XiaoMi.
This thing is like an VW dealer is selling also the Skoda cars. But even the Skoda is now owned by VW, that cars are not sold as VW or Bentley (also owned by VW) but as Skoda because are made by Skoda factory. If you will find on some Chinese version of xiaomi.com the Yi camera, that is an Yi product, just like Skoda.
I've only seen Yi technology as the manufacturer. When I asked on Facebook why they don't offer accessories including waterproof case there was no reply except" If you want to purchase contact me with a name and telephone number and address in Shendzen" but a Yi Technology letterhead!

is this fake 4k or no?

Foxeer Legend 2

Description:

Brand Name: Foxeer
Item Name: Legend 2 Camera
Sensor: CMOS Sony BSI sensor
Pixel: 12MP
FOV.: 166°,F2.8
Shoot:1080p 96fps; Ultra HD 24fps; 2K at 30fps

Features:
Designed for Racing Drone
12MP CMOS Sony BSI sensor
FOV 166 °F2.8 ultra-wide angle lens
Can also shoot in Ultra HD at 24 frames per second, and 2K at 30 frames per second.
Includes digital image stabilization
Can be controlled by smartphone WiFi,
Manual settings of sharpness, color matching, contast, saturation,AEL etc.
Powerful APP, inbuilt WiFi control, easy to share

Thanks

I think all these cameras are "fake cameras" :) ... but you have to look at results! They are
fine for their sizes - especially if you avoid high (astronomical) prices.

Back