The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

EKEN H8R as webcam
remove microSD, connect to USB2 - that's all
d8xu7sg25hfatjrih.jpg

Outside 100% identical, inside different CPUs, different sensors.
But "fake" 4K is okay ...

I think SJ8000 is a little bit better than X3 ... more functions, more angles (3)

d91kqv54dlv97q1vt.jpg

sY0Dxlk.jpg

Quality of "4K" is okay ... I convert all to 3840x2160/30fps - no difference to original.
Picture quality of SJ8000 is better than X3
X3 has 7 video formats, SJ8000 has 11 formats.

YlERojg.jpg

uAHmp8o.jpg

aqB9zA5.jpg

Quality of "4K" is okay ... I convert all to 3840x2160/30fps - no difference to original.
Picture quality of SJ8000 is better than X3
X3 has 7 video formats, SJ8000 has 11 formats.

YlERojg.jpg

uAHmp8o.jpg

aqB9zA5.jpg
Okay, thanks.

Hi, interesting thread.

@Pytha, about the X3 cam, i have camera who look like excately same, 100% same plastic box same Xdv software, W60 4K from banggood. I have problems with this cam as it can't record more than 18 secondes with 1080P 60fps and only with high light condition, in low light it can record more, same with 720P but 37 seconds, no more. No problem to record in false 4K 30fps.

I have tried many different micro sd, all class 10 minimum.

I have done many videos to test it, tried many differents parameters nothing change. But what i have seen is that video size in 4K and 2.7K aren't true 4K/2.7K. It is said as 30fps, but 4k 30fps is obviously not true 30 fps by only watching video fluidity.

I have opened it and see that chipset is allwinner V3 (i read that this chipset isn't able to do 4k 30fps), like elephone ele cam and like your X3 cam (i guess X3 has Allwinner chipset also). I have tried to find fireware without success and i don' know if Eken firmware can works on this camera.

Photo quality are horrible. Wrote on the box : effective pixel, 16M, 12M.... lol

So this camera, as lot of cheap cam, have wrong specifications, but worst, doesn't even works ^^

I hope i'm not too much off topic with my post.

God bless @Mtz I saw that post and I didnt buy a fake 4K camera.
I am very disappointed especially with Elephone Explorer Pro cause they advertise in their official site the Sony IMX117.

Anyway I wont buy a 4K camera atm cause if a real 4K will cost a lot. So I want to buy just a 1080 camera to record my son during our summer holidies. I want to spend around 50$, what you suggest? Gearbest has the H9 at $39,90 (promo offer).
Any suggestions?

Reactions: Mtz
I think ALL cameras use fake 4K, even when price is more than $100.
Yi 4K's price is $249 ... not worth! True 4K ? ? ? (haha)

"Best" of my cameras is SJ8000 for €57, there is all okay, even when 4K is only 2880x2160/24fps.
Many menu options, many features.

@Jym - I cannot confirm "only 18sec with 1080/60fps" - there is somtings wrong with your selections.
@George - I think $39.90 is a good price for H9

Reactions: Mtz
Finally, I had to order another camera from EU. My decision was the cheapest fake 4K I found, and I guess it will have an acceptable HD video (that is my primary need). So I ended up in a Andoer 4K for £35 (around 45euro). Chipset and sensor: UNKNOWN.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262442218997

Looks good :) 4K/25fps ... tell us about if you get it.

@Jym - I cannot confirm "only 18sec with 1080/60fps" - there is somtings wrong with your selections.

I can't tell, even 30fps can bug. If i choose 1080p 60fps it bug at 18 seconds and if i change for 1080p 30fps it bug also. If i remove the battery and put it back 1080p 30fps works but not 60fps... ^^

Where did you find your SJ8000 for 57€?

Did you change all time relevant features (best to "off") ?

I forgot dealers name .. it was > 2months ago.
But there are lots of them.

d92p2zrz9ucq1iryh.gif

Last edited:
A special case is the fake XiaoMi products, for example the Yi action camera 2. This camera is real 4K, is produced by Yi Technology and this company is not selling or advertising it as an XiaoMi product, but only the sellers and some people from Internet are using the XiaoMi brand name along the Yi just to sell the product or obtain some traffic site.

Previously, Yi Technology had some partnership with XiaoMi, obtaining from them the permission to use the XiaoYi (not XiaoMi) brand name which was very close to XiaoMi. But never, any Yi camera was produced by XiaoMi, but by Yi. XiaoYi.com is also owned by XiaoMi.com so Yi was forced to obtain their own domain after their partnership ended.

Because the XiaoYi name was very close to the XiaoMi name the sellers started to use the XiaoMi name instead of XiaoYi just for selling purposes. Of course Yi company was very happy with this "mistake" and was the chance of their life to have big sales, or even they suggested in some unofficial way to international sellers to use the XiaoMi name near Yi. In some places you can find the Yi camera as XiaoYi Yi camera.

When the dashcam was launched the connection between XiaoMi and Yi stopped, XiaoYi.com starting to redirect to actual Yi site.
There are rumors that their partnership ended because Yi advertised their first dashcam to use the A12 chipset, printing A12 over the Novatek NT96660 which was in reality the chipset used in their camera. But I think more that the XiaoMi was not happy to see focus problems at Yi action camera, then the same focus problems at their dashcam and considered this is affecting their good reputation. Or maybe they became jealous on Yi sales? Because they also know that if the Yi had not the XiaoMi name the Yi could be just some camera with focus problems.

enjoy,
Mtz

P.S. I know some people will tell me that the first Yi camera was listed on some page of xiaomi.com site Chinese version, but this thing is not transforming the Yi camera as an XiaoMi product because is not made by XiaoMi.
This thing is like an VW dealer is selling also the Skoda cars. But even the Skoda is now owned by VW, that cars are not sold as VW or Bentley (also owned by VW) but as Skoda because are made by Skoda factory. If you will find on some Chinese version of xiaomi.com the Yi camera, that is an Yi product, just like Skoda.

Last edited:
I think there are only few (unknown) manufacturers in China, producing for big resellers (haha,
Jack Ma earns next billion if you order 50.000pieces/month). I found a lot of identical and
semi-identical cameras - different names but same features. All of them are "fake" cameras,
that isn't bad, because I know what I buy ... bought ... after 5 I gave it up :)

Most of them are delivered with > 20 additional parts (you have to pay extra with expensive GoPro, Yi-4K ...)

All action cams are TOYs, far away from "real" (but bigger) cameras. Their quality is solala, not bad for
their size.

Most of old members from this forum know how to look at cameras details to avoid a fake advertised camera, but I want this thread to help all people.
The old trick was bigger CMOS size, for example 12-16-20MP instead of real 2-4MP, but starting from 2015 a lot of cameras are advertised as 4K resolution. Most of the sellers are using the 4K...

Hi everybody!
Help me, between these cameras which do you choose?

- Elephone Explorer Pro
- Sj8000 or Sj9000
- Eken H3R or H8R
- Soocoo C30
- action cam Q6 or Q3H
- Excelvan Q8
- AMK7000S

I need Gyro stabilizer and, if it's possible, remote controller better if it's waterproof.
I do ski, diving and in the future maybe kitesurf.
I will use it on holiday, facebook or istagram foto and video, nothing professional
You can make me a Ranking of these camera?which one is the best?

Thx!

what's your criteria? I don't think I'd pick any of those but you may have some specific need that isn't obvious

Back