The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

Yiepieeeh!

d8tjy29laoxgs5ldc.jpg

They didn't answer my question, but other users got it. Hope never dies ...

New firmware from yesterday ... not 4K/"2x15fps" ... REAL 30fps, buuuut only 3600x2025!

d8va0oz2chob6pr3k.jpg

d8va5mextzntajgc0.jpg

It's no problem for me ... better than jumping 4K, BUT it is NOT 4K :-(
Why they do not expand 2880x2160 - like others?

Maybe they needed the rest of the pixels for the gyro stabilisation, and it didn't have enough processor power left to scale the remainder up to 2160?

That doesn't give much room for the stabilisation though! You really need a 16MP sensor for true 4K and gyro stabilisation.

Mtz,
I bought SJ5000x elite coming from SJ4000 and I was about to throw it away.
After v1.4 I breathed, and now I'm happy with the cam at last.

Why they didn't add bitrate booster from the beginning?
To avoid all artifacts bitrate would have to be higher.

At the begining was 15Mbps and now is 22Mbps at 1080 30p
Do the system handle 40-45Mbps?
This would be great!
What do you think?

Thank you

why? 160511LY is okay ... date, camera, display

testvideo with new firmware

Maybe they needed the rest of the pixels for the gyro stabilisation, and it didn't have enough processor power left to scale the remainder up to 2160?

That doesn't give much room for the stabilisation though! You really need a 16MP sensor for true 4K and gyro stabilisation.
Could you please expand on this Nigel? Why is a 16MP sensor necessary for the combination of true 4K and gyro stabilization?

Could you please expand on this Nigel? Why is a 16MP sensor necessary for the combination of true 4K and gyro stabilization?

might be possible with a smaller sensor, basically though the stabilisation function needs more pixels than the resolution you're using as the active area moves around on the sensor, it's not fixed

might be possible with a smaller sensor, basically though the stabilisation function needs more pixels than the resolution you're using as the active area moves around on the sensor, it's not fixed
Okay, that makes sense.

With a 12MP 4:3 aspect ratio sensor, when you chop the top and bottom off to get 16:9 aspect ratio you end up with 8MP. 4K video has 8MP so a 12MP sensor has zero space around the image for the gyro stabilisation to work in. If you are going to use a gyro with a 12MP sensor then you will have to enlarge the image using interpolation, so you will not have real 4K video. With a 16MP sensor you have 4MP of spare pixels so can use the gyro and still have true 4K video.

Now try and find a 16MP action camera with a gyro that does true 4K!

With a 12MP 4:3 aspect ratio sensor, when you chop the top and bottom off to get 16:9 aspect ratio you end up with 8MP. 4K video has 8MP so a 12MP sensor has zero space around the image for the gyro stabilisation to work in. If you are going to use a gyro with a 12MP sensor then you will have to enlarge the image using interpolation, so you will not have real 4K video. With a 16MP sensor you have 4MP of spare pixels so can use the gyro and still have true 4K video.

Now try and find a 16MP action camera with a gyro that does true 4K!
Thanks Nigel, that helps explain it.:)

Back