The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

Its real 4000x3000 at 10 bits. And then you can try your hand at capturing the 72MB/s stream. Of course at this readout you will have to contend with limited electronic shutter and a host of other drawbacks in the sensor alone. Never mind the ISP, buffer and SD interface. Do I trust eken not to **** it up? Not really. Would I buy this camera at $60 and play with the fw, sure. Would I rather have it than the allwinner, probably, I'm swayed by that ambarella datasheet and the promise of the SDK.

Don't be fooled into thinking standard imaging cheats don't happen in gopros, dSLR or anything else. The sensor isn't really "designed" for anything but throwing that bayer data at you at xyz timing over some interface. More fun happens too when you look at the size of the die itself, how the reading actually happens (columns according to the pdf), and then pixel sizes. ie. you can cram a ****load of pixels into a small package and then have awful low light performance.

"updating" M12 lenses with IR cut filters

dc67qb7kdn6l0pqmm.jpg

dc67v11j12toduyha.jpg

dc67vuvxss3i8xxce.jpg

dc67wumix4i1m1tse.jpg

dc68eqn0k08ttyj9q.jpg

dc69u77br1l3zk8i6.jpg

UV/IR cut filter cuts UV and IR

dc794t79tvwfx9jbi.jpg

Last edited:
Is Xiaomi Yi2 a fake cam? I don't know, perhaps it makes true 4K/30fps (only their engineers know the truth).
Videos/photos are okay, buuuuut I would prefer fake cameras, because you get same/nearly same quality for 1/3 or 1/4
of the price ... EU = €300-€330 :(

the processor can encode 4k30, the sensor can make 4k60 at 10 bit so I would say no, its not cheating very much. hence it costs $200+

Well i have worked for some ISO 9001 certified companies, but that did not stop incompetence on so many levels :rolleyes:

You can keep those certificates and then i get the dedicated workforce that's not just with me to make a living, and i bet you we can make the same or better stuff than any ISO 9001 company.

To me ISO 9001 is mostly paper pushing and QA.

To me ISO 9001 is mostly paper pushing and QA.

pretty much what it is actually, it's all about processes, there's an assumption that if you have those processes in place then higher quality is a by product of that, not always the case

Hi guys,
do some kind person got info about the (Allwinner V3 chipset 4K ) F60B from Gearbest?

Are there beter FW arround?

thank you :-)

No sample footage/photos.... and what about a dev kit?

Melife Technology Co., Ltd is looking for Melife Sports Camera Agent.
Melife sports camera record those valuable moment with unprecedented view and bring extraordinary visual experience, let people enjoy sports fun and able to share it.
Here is our website: http://www.melifetech.com/
Here is our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/melifetech

If you have the interest, don’t forget to contact me.

Looking forward for your reply.

Email: alice@melifetech.com

CtaEs60VYAAEil-.jpg

Seriously :confused:. Why advertise it as 4K to begin with!

hello. i am new at here. and sorry for my bad english.

i think the expert on this site have a lot and very good knowledge. thats why i post at here.

i reading about fake 4k and have a problem for decide.

the cam
Lightdow Real 4K 12.40M Pixel

i didnt found it your forum. maybe its to new for check? to old? i dont know.. can not find the release time.

it have SONY IMX117CQT but this side told it is fake. because only gopro can have it.

i am not sure. i dont understand why only gopro have this... others can not buy it from sony?

the video look very clear. and very fine/clear while moving and stop the video in youtube..with 4k enabled.

and where is the seller? the company behind it. where to get firmware updates. i am confused a lot about this many many cams.

can you all help me please. it is 4k or interpolated? ..or this cam have a lot other fakes?

thank you

hello. i am new at here. and sorry for my bad english.

i think the expert on this site have a lot and very good knowledge. thats why i post at here.

i reading about fake 4k and have a problem for decide.

the cam
Lightdow Real 4K 12.40M Pixel

i didnt found it your forum. maybe its to new for check? to old? i dont know.. can not find the release time.

it have SONY IMX117CQT but this side told it is fake. because only gopro can have it.

i am not sure. i dont understand why only gopro have this... others can not buy it from sony?

the video look very clear. and very fine/clear while moving and stop the video in youtube..with 4k enabled.

and where is the seller? the company behind it. where to get firmware updates. i am confused a lot about this many many cams.

can you all help me please. it is 4k or interpolated? ..or this cam have a lot other fakes?

thank you

The price of £69.98 on amazon uk should be the first clue it's not 4K. That is too cheap; the second is it uses the NOVATEK NT96660 according to the amazon listing and the Sony sensor SONY IMX117CQT https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01DUAE4CG
If I remember correctly, that chipset and sensor do not go together. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Also, am I right in thinking Gopro have an agreement with Sony about who can use the IMX117CQT? I think I read that somewhere.

thank you for information.

but i can not find anything about this gopro single agreement.

or that it can work together. i cant find information. only that a lot other cams use same combination.

can anyone find it?

and yea. i can find a lot of cheap cams.. all less than 100 euro or dollar.. i found to much and get headache :D

Back