The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

Wonder if this action camera is real 4K?

$289 seems a bit cheap considering the feature list contains so many things not found on a GoPro :confused:

it's Kickstarter so it may never happen anyway, even if over funded, coming out of Korea isn't going to help the price either

it's Kickstarter so it may never happen anyway, even if over funded, coming out of Korea isn't going to help the price either
That was why I put it on this thread :giggle:, If it does happen then I'm sure it wont meet the specs.

That was why I put it on this thread :giggle:, If it does happen then I'm sure it wont meet the specs.

the most important thing you can have on a aerial camera is a gimbal if you care about quality footage at all. a DJI phantom 3 standard can be bought around $300 these days and it offers buttery smooth gimbal-stabilized 2.7k footage. the drawback is that it's size is now huge compared to the newer drones on the market.

...the drawback is that it's size is now huge compared to the newer drones on the market.
And this is the first flying action camera I've seen that has a low enough weight not to need a flying licence and passing of the test under the new rules that are being introduced. Given that DJI haven't managed to produce one yet, I doubt that this one is going to succeed!

And this is the first flying action camera I've seen that has a low enough weight not to need a flying licence and passing of the test under the new rules that are being introduced. Given that DJI haven't managed to produce one yet, I doubt that this one is going to succeed!

as much as I have a love/hate relationship with my DJI stuff, I think they can probably pull this off by the end of 2018. the spark has pretty awesome abilities for it's size. I'm sure they can easily pop a legit 4K sensor on V.2.

also, UK requires tests for hobby flying?

the good thing about new players entering the market is that they're not restrained by current thinking and can try things that others might not, the bad thing is they often don't know what the hell they're doing and a greater percentage fail to deliver anything, time will tell I guess

as much as I have a love/hate relationship with my DJI stuff, I think they can probably pull this off by the end of 2018. the spark has pretty awesome abilities for it's size. I'm sure they can easily pop a legit 4K sensor on V.2.

also, UK requires tests for hobby flying?
Tests will be introduced to many countries over the next few years, UK will probably introduce an on-line test this year along with registration for above 300 grams.

The USA requires registration again right now, and DJI have introduced a test for the USA if you update your App/firmware even though it is not currently required.

The DJI Spark isn't light enough not to need the test and registration, and it's not 4K, although I suspect that might just be to avoid taking sales off their more expensive models.

i have a question about the ThiEYE T5 Edge, and similar such as the MGCool Explorer 3 with the Panasonic MN34112. Everyone claims they are true 4K and EIS in 4K - but this sounds dodgy to me and false?

New fake 4K (actually not even FullHD) cams revealed on Ali.

Front panel design looks similar to Allwinner V3 F60/F60R and clones, but cams are based on doubtful Kepuhao JL AC1715 SoC and low-end SOI 720p JX-H62 sensor.

Reactions: Mtz
If people think they can pay $30 for a lot of accessories which is including a camera for free then is OK. What is not OK is to see almost 5 stars from 5, coming from buyers feedback.

enjoy,
Mtz

What is not OK is to see almost 5 stars from 5, coming from buyers feedback.
If I get it right they offer partial refund for positive feedback in case of open dispute... Selling $10-worth crap for $35 gives you some space to manoeuvre, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
i have a question about the ThiEYE T5 Edge, and similar such as the MGCool Explorer 3 with the Panasonic MN34112. Everyone claims they are true 4K and EIS in 4K - but this sounds dodgy to me and false?
*Bump*

At least, the dx is not writing anywhere that the camera is recording at 4K resolution. So they can say the 4K printed on camera case and gift box are just 2 characters. They could be 8K for example.

enjoy,
Mtz

This is a great thread listing all the fake 4k cameras out there. Is there a similar list of REAL 4K cameras? I'm trying to find the cheapest 4K camera with a wide angle lens

Tests will be introduced to many countries over the next few years, UK will probably introduce an on-line test this year along with registration for above 300 grams.

The USA requires registration again right now, and DJI have introduced a test for the USA if you update your App/firmware even though it is not currently required.

The DJI Spark isn't light enough not to need the test and registration, and it's not 4K, although I suspect that might just be to avoid taking sales off their more expensive models.
'just on FAA registration part 107 website- we must register drones from .55lbs. to 55 lbs. Even the DJI Spark listed by them at .66 lbs. must be registered, and the drone list is very long.

This is a great thread listing all the fake 4k cameras out there. Is there a similar list of REAL 4K cameras? I'm trying to find the cheapest 4K camera with a wide angle lens
No list but a good idea but these days and including fixed drone cams it would be a big list. Go for it LOL
As long as resolution 3840*2160 and has a verified processor, sensor and EIS chip, plus video not interpolated then they are not fake 4K cams.

Back