The list of shame fake 4K dash cameras Ultra HD

Hello!

If it wasn't so sad, with the lying of the image resolution, we would all laugh about it. It's like manufacturers selling a 1Terabyte SSD and then it ends up having less capacity, as if someone is interpreting the conversion factor to their advantage. Oops, this is really happening :) My first 680MB SATA harddisk for my Amiga had formatted a little bit more than 680MB. It also worked once a very very long time ago.

And once such a marketing joke is introduced, all manufacturers jump on the bandwagon. You don't want to be worse as a competitor. Is that distortion of competition, fraud? In 2012, the U.S. regulatory authority fined American Express millions for misleading advertising.

After 4K comes true 4K. I'll pay for the first one with "Monopoly" money and the second one with real money. That would only be fair, right? I suspect that if no one shows the manufacturers the limits, 8K will eventually come and then True 8K and so the game goes on and on.

Have another one here, the AZDOME M300s, that has "4k" front and 1080p rear. Dead giveaway to me was the AUD 80/100 pricing, and commenters fawning over it's video quality. Apparently uses a GalaxyCore 4653 sensor that is a 4MP unit, that can be interpolated to 8MP (hence the fake 4K output).

Product page here: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256804373864891.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Rather than list the countless fake 4k dash cameras on the market, how about establish a list for the dash cameras which truly claimed their real parameters? @DashCamMan

Rather than list the countless fake 4k dash cameras on the market, how about establish a list for the dash cameras which truly claimed their real parameters? @DashCamMan
Recommended dash cameras on the main DashCamTalk website page cover that already, the fake 4k dashcam list is more to educate potential buyers out there from being scammed by a poor deal - they are thinking they are getting 4k when they are not.

One thing not sure if I saw a link in this thread or elsewhere, a video showing a lot of fake 4k dashcams. The video mentioned that pretty much all the fakes use the same startup sound. I know the sound well as I have a few of the cheap Amazon Navycrest cameras. Even though not true 4k the resolution is not completely awful. But that startup sound I also hear on my Vantrue X4S. Resolution there is very good, so maybe that startup sound is not a true giveaway.

One thing not sure if I saw a link in this thread or elsewhere, a video showing a lot of fake 4k dashcams. The video mentioned that pretty much all the fakes use the same startup sound. I know the sound well as I have a few of the cheap Amazon Navycrest cameras. Even though not true 4k the resolution is not completely awful. But that startup sound I also hear on my Vantrue X4S. Resolution there is very good, so maybe that startup sound is not a true giveaway.
Startup sound isn't the problem here as many dashcam manufacturers over the years have used the same interface as others. It's the sensor and chipset mainly that determines whether it's true 4k.or not

Hello,

I have a couple of fake 4K sensor cameras.
Can you tell from the product number screened on the PCB which sensor it is equipped with?

Attachments

• 1696612356477.jpg
    1696612356477.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 14
  • 1696612356495.jpg
    1696612356495.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 1696612356537.jpg
    1696612356537.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to the forum zooloozalee.

No those numbers are most often a PCB number ( at least i would assume )
Also the sensor itself you cant probably see much on, in the way of a model number or something like that.

Often the actual sensor will be listed in a FCC certificate or CE, that will often say some 2 or 5 megapixel sensor, but you need 8 megapixel to make true 4K

Welcome to the forum zooloozalee.

No those numbers are most often a PCB number ( at least i would assume )
Also the sensor itself you cant probably see much on, in the way of a model number or something like that.

Often the actual sensor will be listed in a FCC certificate or CE, that will often say some 2 or 5 megapixel sensor, but you need 8 megapixel to make true 4K
Thanks for the quick response!
Yes, I also think that these are PCB numbers. However, those who know the pcb may know what CMOS is on it. By the way, one of them is not fake 4K, PY-A510-HS-IMX415-V1.1 - this is the sensor panel of a VanTop H612T camera with an IMX415 sensor.

I specifically want to buy a Mirror dashcam. Do you think there is a mirror dashcam on the market today that is equipped with a real 4K sensor? (e.g. : IMX415; IMX678... ??)

I specifically want to buy a Mirror dashcam. Do you think there is a mirror dashcam on the market today that is equipped with a real 4K sensor? (e.g. : IMX415; IMX678... ??)
There is one I'll have to try and find it, I'm sure I saw one with IMX415 but that's no Starvis sensor, and there's definitely none with IMX678 in it. .

Before stumbling upon all this talk about fake advertising of 4K dash cams I had bought a new Rexing V1P-SE dual front and rear with polarizing filters on recent Black Friday sale on amazon. Now I am wondering if this has a true 4K 8MP sensor in it or not. I had asked on the amazon comments to Rexing this question but they never answer. The Rexing website itself never mentions what sensor is used in this particular model. I'm not sure where I saw it but I think it uses a Novatek chipset. Anyone know what sensor is in this V1P SE dash cam? (It can take a max microSD card of 512GB).

For a proper 4K mirror dashcam, there’s the Nexigo D90. They’re working on an IMX678 model as well.

Any proof that Vantrue N4 is a fake 4K dashcam?

N4的图像传感器是IMX335,从视频看觉得达不到真4K的效果
Please make an effort and write in english. This is an international forum. We all are from different countries. So, there is no excuse.
Where did you find that information about IMX335? On their site they do not specify what sensor it's using.

Please make an effort and write in english. This is an international forum. We all are from different countries. So, there is no excuse.
Where did you find that information about IMX335? On their site they do not specify what sensor it's using.
Sorry I'm not good at English,But I will try my best。The following figure shows the parameters of N4,It's from Taobao,China。03916.jpg

I dont think IMX 335 will be able to compare so good as the N4 do to starvis 2 cameras like from Viofo, here i am thinking on everything but resolution.

Could be a error on a specific listing on Tabao ? it would also be strange if only 1 place listed IMX335

Last edited:
I dont think IMX 335 will be able to compare so good as the N4 do to starvis 2 cameras like from Viofo, here i am thinking on everything but resolution.

Could be a error on a specific listing on Tabao ? it would also be strange if only 1 place listed IMX335
The parameters are indeed correct,I have used N4 before,be very disappointed with it。I have already sold it。

Back