The list of shame fake 4K dash cameras Ultra HD

I know what my problem is,,,,, i am stupid :rolleyes:

You are takling about the N4, but i am thinking of the N4 pro

But yes it might well have been vantrue claimed 4K for the N4, it is a very bad habit some companies have, no one are interested in extrapolated footage.
I am OK with you havering a option to do that on a camera, but it should not be mentioned in sales materials as it only blur the facts and make misunderstandings possible.
It would of course be best is extrapolation to any resolution was not possible at all, CUZ no one should use that in any camera. Just like no one should buy a nice 2023 BMW with no motor in it, and then put a old Fiat motor in it and drive around and telling people you have a BMW.

我知道我的问题是什么,我很蠢:rolleyes:

你在谈论N4,但我在考虑N4 pro

但是,是的,它很可能已经vantrue声称4K的N4,这是一个非常不好的习惯,一些公司有,没有人感兴趣的外推镜头。
我不介意你有一个选择,在相机上这样做,但它不应该在销售材料中提到,因为它只会模糊事实,使误解可能。
这当然是最好的是推断任何分辨率是不可能的,因为没有人应该使用任何相机。就像没有人应该买一辆2023年的宝马,里面没有电机,然后在里面放一个旧菲亚特电机,然后开着车到处告诉别人你有一辆宝马。
haha,N4Pro is much better than n4,It’s 4K

I just want it to be able to capture a license plate at night is that too much to ask for?

I just want it to be able to capture a license plate at night is that too much to ask for?
That is the holy grail of dash cams. Some can't do it at all, some can do it some of the time time, none can do it all the time.

Search the forums and you'll find many discussions on the subject.

@Mtz
Now that we have Fake 8K dash cams does that count as industry progress?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0CGF5Y9M3
Maybe the FTC should crack down on Amazon for aiding, and abetting manufacturers whose sole purpose is to produce counterfeit items, and sell them with false advertising.
But yeah, that will never happen.

$50 .png

lol 8K!? Sounds like a fun video to make… I just bought one. It arrives tomorrow. :)
There's no such thing as a useless dash cam, it can always be used as a bad example. lol
If you really do make a video I hope you call out those QVC / Home Shopping Network "reviewers" on the Amazon listing.

Reactions: Mtz
lol 8K!? Sounds like a fun video to make… I just bought one. It arrives tomorrow.

I hope you have at least a good FullHD camera to compare the recorded videos. :cool:

Now that we have Fake 8K dash cams does that count as industry progress?
There is something strange, seems that they sold all cameras!!!
If I copy and paste your link this is the result:

8K dashcam vanished.png

But if I will click on your link this is the result:

4K Jomise.png

But on amazon.com I could find it here.

Fake 8K dash cams
Insta 360 launching true 8K camera ( 360 ) in 2 days, so dual 4K sensors i assume.
Still pretty neat, also the bare minimum that could get me to go into 360 cameras.

lol 8K!? Sounds like a fun video to make… I just bought one. It arrives tomorrow. :)
I love how they say in the product video it's their own Ovedisa processor and how you can transfer videos using USB-C cable (yet the camera clearly shows it's a mini-USB port), typos everywhere haha

Anyways, looks like it's a 2560x1440 resolution dashcam at 25fps LOL. Not holding my breath that that's native either haha ;)

Screenshot_20240414-070415.png

Insta 360 launching true 8K camera ( 360 ) in 2 days, so dual 4K sensors i assume.
Still pretty neat, also the bare minimum that could get me to go into 360 cameras.
Ooh thanks for the heads up! I just ordered the Ace Pro which supports 8K24 so I could do some comparison with a true 8K cam. The highest resolution I have otherwise is ~5K with my GoPro Hero9. I think even the current GoPro 12's max out at "just" 5.3K.

Curious to see what this new model is and if I should try that one too/instead for this 8K shootout. This is turning into even more fun than I expected, haha.

Edit: Did a little digging and it looks like it's likely going to be an X4, a dual-lens 360 degree version of their cameras like you mentioned, not a traditional single lens GoPro-style action camera, so their current Ace Pro is likely going to be a closer match for this comparison.
I love how they say in the product video it's their own Ovedisa processor and how you can transfer videos using USB-C cable (yet the camera clearly shows it's a mini-USB port), typos everywhere haha

Anyways, looks like it's a 2560x1440 resolution dashcam at 25fps LOL. Not holding my breath that that's native either haha ;)

View attachment 71840
Nice work digging this up! Have you been able to ID which sensor they're using by chance?

Last edited:

I don't know what this alleged "8K" camera is really all about but it seems suspect to be sure. Since it is two channel, I am wondering if they might be claiming two 4K channels, thus 4K + 4K = 8K. :unsure:

Also curious about the 32GB Ovedisa memory card it comes with. How much 8K footage can you expect to record to that card, assuming it even works at all? :smuggrin:

Ooh thanks for the heads up! I just ordered the Ace Pro which supports 8K24 so I could do some comparison with a true 8K cam. The highest resolution I have otherwise is ~5K with my GoPro Hero9. I think even the current GoPro 12's max out at "just" 5.3K.

Curious to see what this new model is and if I should try that one too/instead for this 8K shootout. This is turning into even more fun than I expected, haha.

Edit: Did a little digging and it looks like it's likely going to be an X4, a dual-lens 360 degree version of their cameras like you mentioned, not a traditional single lens GoPro-style action camera, so their current Ace Pro is likely going to be a closer match for this comparison.

Nice work digging this up! Have you been able to ID which sensor they're using by chance?
Unfortunately (fortunately?) not when it comes to the sensor haha. Can't find a manual online, and the box listings on eBay don't say anything either. No HDR, only WDR, so we all know what that means lol

I don't know what this alleged "8K" camera is really all about but it seems suspect to be sure. Since it is two channel, I am wondering if they might be claiming two 4K channels, thus 4K + 4K = 8K. :unsure:
haha, from the description they really do imply it's full 8K video.

"Can achieve the recording of ultra HD 8K(7680*4320)"
Also curious about the 32GB Ovedisa memory card it comes with. How much 8K footage can you expect to record to that card, assuming it even works at all? :smuggrin:
They claim 2h w/ a 32 gb card
Unfortunately (fortunately?) not when it comes to the sensor haha. Can't find a manual online, and the box listings on eBay don't say anything either. No HDR, only WDR, so we all know what that means lol
I just saw in one of the Amazon images they mention it uses a Sony Starvis sensor. I'm going to assume it's the IMX335, given the 1440p video note you saw.

I'm looking through the lineup of Sony's Starvis sensors and they don't even make an 8K version. The highest they go is 4K with all the different 8MP sensors. They do offer one 12MP sensor, the Starvis 2 IMX676, but even that wouldn't be sufficient given 8K video requires a ~33MP sensor.

I just saw in one of the Amazon images they mention it uses a Sony Starvis sensor. I'm going to assume it's the IMX335, given the 1440p video note you saw.

I'm looking through the lineup of Sony's Starvis sensors and they don't even make an 8K version. The highest they go is 4K with all the different 8MP sensors. They do offer one 12MP sensor, the Starvis 2 IMX676, but even that wouldn't be sufficient given 8K video requires a ~33MP sensor.

I'm kinda' wondering why you're even wasting your time and money over a camera like this? It may be amusing and generate a lot of views but I'm not sure it's moving the ball forward in any way compared to all the other work you're usually known for. :confused:

I'm kinda' wondering why you're even wasting your time and money over a camera like this? It may be amusing and generate a lot of views but I'm not sure it's moving the ball forward in any way compared to all the other work you're usually known for. :confused:
Yeah just for sheer amusement, and to do a PSA to ensure people don't get scammed.

In general I like to focus on the best stuff out there. Mid-tier stuff I usually ignore. Really bad stuff I sometimes cover, again just because I don't like seeing people getting screwed out of their hard-earned money.

I have no idea if the video will do well and I hadn't even thought about that. Returning the dashcam to Amazon afterwards for false advertising is a piece of cake so no money lost. I'm not going to go crazy with time spent testing so it shouldn't be that time consuming either.

Last edited:

You're probs right it's the imx335 - not a bad sensor by any means but definitely not interpolation king of 8K LoL.

Wonder when Starvis 3 will come out or too early I suppose..

Yeah just for sheer amusement, and to do a PSA to ensure people don't get scammed................. because I don't like seeing people getting screwed out of their hard-earned money.

With a few exceptions, many, if not most people will likely realize that an 8K dash cam isn't real. Nevertheless, I understand your good intentions. But a PSA? :rolleyes: "A public service announcement (PSA) is a message in the public interest disseminated by the media without charge to raise public awareness and change behavior."

Back