The list of shame fake 4K dash cameras Ultra HD

this looks like another fake 4K on amazon- there's many on here... https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07B2RXWY8
4K Dash Cam Dashboard Camera Car Recorder for Cars with Night Vision / KAMTRON G-4 150 Wide Angle Lens Dashboard Camera With Wi-Fi and APP, G-Sensor, GPS, WDR, Loop Recording

Reactions: Mtz
people that bought these fake spec cams were cheated and lied to about fake specs on their products and should be reimbursed somehow by these companies and Amazon if they are selling them should be alerted and the vendors specs should be vetted carefully before taking them on as an approved seller
I returned my Aukey DR02 J to Amazon and complained about the false specification, plus I wrote a fair review. People are still buying it and raving about the 4k video....

In your opinion do you think the Gitup F1 is better then the Mobius Maxi? thanks
I don't have a Mobius Maxi, but I think it is not 4K, has no wifi available and has no 90 degree lens available.

So I'm not sure that it is a valid comparison?

If you want a 1080 low light dashcam then neither will be best, if you want 4K or wifi or a 90 degree lens then definitely the F1. Not sure what the Maxi is best for...

In your opinion do you think the Gitup F1 is better then the Mobius Maxi? thanks
That's off topic here. I have tested both cameras together. I'll write a reply later in a different thread....

It's OK. I was already thinking of writing a comparison between the Maxi and F1, but it does not really fit into this thread.

In short, I prefer the Maxi as a dashcam, but I would put the F1 on my drone.

Here's another fake:
Tryace P8X (OV4689 4MP CMOS sensor)

In addition to that, 4K video is only recorded in 15fps MJPEG format which makes it practically useless.

I don't have a Mobius Maxi, but I think it is not 4K, has no wifi available and has no 90 degree lens available.

So I'm not sure that it is a valid comparison?
I'm working on a comparison between these two cameras.
Mobius Maxi is not 4K (unless interpolated - not recommended). WiFi hardware is present - app is being developed.

I'm working on a comparison between these two cameras.
Mobius Maxi is not 4K (unless interpolated - not recommended). WiFi hardware is present - app is being developed.
I see the Maxi as a compromise between a 4K high resolution camera and a low light 1080 camera. For some people it may be a good compromise, but I think I prefer to have a proper wide angle dashcam with Starvis sensor to remove that motion blur in low light conditions and also work in the dark, and then if I also want to capture close up video of distant scenes then add a 4K narrow angle camera such as the F1 90 degrees for an additional front view that has far more detail and also avoids the windscreen reflections etc. so can be used for high quality videos even though it misses most of what is going on because it is outside the field of view.

I prefer to have a proper wide angle dashcam with Starvis sensor to remove that motion blur in low light conditions
Sounds good in theory. My limited experience suggests otherwise.

Maybe Sony IMX317 because it is a 8MP sensor.
I don't understand why some companies are hiding such information like CMOS because if some other company want to copy their product they can find for sure which is the sensor. The Average Joe which is not finding the CMOS information on product presentation page will not make a dashcam.
Some companies are hiding this information because are using a poor CMOS and because they are asking for big price they are trying to hide such information just people to not know they are using poor technology but for high prices.

enjoy,
Mtz

I wonder what sensor is used in the BlackVue DR900S? It just says on their website "8 megapixel CMOS sensor (front camera)".
It is a real 4K camera, image quality may not be great, but that is mainly due to having a bitrate no better than many 1080 cameras and therefore not being able to store any more information than those 1080 cameras.

It is a real 4K camera, image quality may not be great, but that is mainly due to having a bitrate no better than many 1080 cameras and therefore not being able to store any more information than those 1080 cameras.
All the videos I have seen comparing it to the DR750S have only been marginally better, certainly not worth the extra dosh.

All the videos I have seen comparing it to the DR750S have only been marginally better, certainly not worth the extra dosh.
"4K" only defines the resolution, not the image quality.

Back