The new 808 #18 DR32 Car Camera

su888 said:
Guys - i have my DR32 hardwired into my car, and have permanently turned it on thinking that it would constantly record overwriting over older files *unless they were locked*.

Well after 24 hours of recording, i took the SD card and put it onto my computer expecting to see the last 6 hrs of recording but instead i got the first 6 hours of recording 20 odd files in 5 minute intervals.

My impression was that it would constantly record overwriting old files - is there a setting i should be reviewing? (Could it be because the lock file is low sensitivity - rather then being turned off completely?0

The cycle time is set to 5 minutes?

Are you saying the SD card contents are 20 files of 5 min each? That's only 100 minutes.

What are the file attributes, locked, unlocked? A maximum of 5 locked files can be saved.

Did you format the SD card in the camera?

super max said:
su888 said:
Guys - i have my DR32 hardwired into my car, and have permanently turned it on thinking that it would constantly record overwriting over older files *unless they were locked*.

Well after 24 hours of recording, i took the SD card and put it onto my computer expecting to see the last 6 hrs of recording but instead i got the first 6 hours of recording 20 odd files in 5 minute intervals.

My impression was that it would constantly record overwriting old files - is there a setting i should be reviewing? (Could it be because the lock file is low sensitivity - rather then being turned off completely?0

Are you saying the SD card contents are 20 files of 5 min each? That's only 100 minutes.

What are the file attributes, locked, unlocked? A maximum of 5 locked files can be saved.

A maximum of 15 locked files can be saved. The factory setting is 5 but you can go into the firmware screen sub-menu to alter this. (see my post viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1109&start=190)

Last edited by a moderator:
Internal Battery issues

Hi, I bought the DR32 camera in June of this year when I had the first problem which was that internal battery was dead before I even used the camera for the first time. I had to constantly reenter the time and the last video segment never worked because when the car was shut off, the camera would immediately die instead of finishing off the video successfully.

So I bought a couple batteries off Ebay which I got at the end of July. So I've used one of those batteries which has now died on me. I'm back to reentering the date and the last video being unsuccessful.

Is this normal to have the internal battery running out of power after only 2 months for this model? Seems a little ridiculous that I have to keep feeding this thing $10 batteries every couple months.

I never leave the camera plugged into my car as I take it out and bring it inside my house.

Other than this, the camera has been great and produces clear video.

Thanks for any information

Derek

Only other way round this would be to remove the timestamp from your display & maybe speak the date & time when it starts recording?

I know this will be a PITA - but it's the sort of thing I do after every 'event' - I speak the number plate, if i possibly can, because the camera doesn't always catch it. - so maybe speak the reg plate AND date/time?
I also make a note of the time when I next stop to allow me to find the file later.

What is interesting, though. I can have a list of times in front of me & when I go to find the relevant file, the timestamp isn't always correct - I looked at 6 files the other day, the first couple (within a couple of hours of starting) were up to 2 minutes out. Towards the end of the day, they were almost on time.
As I have my phone on the dash (I use the 'Waze' app to try to avoid congestion etc), I use the time on this.

As you say, it's a good camera - the video is excellent & now I've McGyvered a new mic onto mine, the audio is pretty good as well.

sludgeguts said:
super max said:
su888 said:

A maximum of 15 locked files can be saved. The factory setting is 5 but you can go into the firmware screen sub-menu to alter this. (see my post viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1109&start=190)

I tried it again this weekend, formatted the card in the unit and ran it whilst out and about.

Same result, i checked on the computer 29 locked files. (5 minute files).
32GB card, 18GB free 13gb used - the unit for some reason stops recording/freezes.

There is power light, but when i try to turn screen on it remains blank and can't do anything other then disconnect the usb lead and take out the memory card.

Its driving me mad!

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
from SU888:

"There is power light, but when i try to turn screen on it remains blank and can't do anything other then disconnect the usb lead and take out the memory card."

Mine is the same when hooked to the computer. When connected to a USB charger it turns on and the menu works.

I think that when connected to a computer it morphs into a disk drive and can't work as a dash cam.

No the light is on when its plugged into the car, the card is only inserted in the computer. (I don't link the camera to the computer)

Re: The new Car Camera

808 #18 DR32 seemed like a good deal at $99 months ago but it's jacked up to $140 now
Customer can still get for $99 at foxoffer.
Buy from foxoffer and save money.

I have just bought one for my sister. Worked great sound clear video clear came with two mounts the suction one is the ball type so that smaller than previous ones and a 3M one
Shes happy with it
Delivered in four days dhl express.

Customer can still get for $99 at foxoffer.
Buy from foxoffer and save money.

Hi all, been lurking in this forum past week and just joined.

I am interested in this dashcam, along with a few others (Shadow GT550W, Mini 0801, Mobius). For this DR-32, has the issues of noise in audio recording and colour smearing (e.g. when red colour car driving past the edge of the camera view) solved yet?

Edit: I also noted there are two different types of 3M adhesive mounts shown on that Foxoffer site. One with flexible ball-joint and the other one with one-directional hinge joint. Which one will come with the package?

Internal Battery issues

Hi, I bought the DR32 camera in June of this year when I had the first problem which was that internal battery was dead before I even used the camera for the first time. I had to constantly reenter the time and the last video segment never worked because when the car was shut off, the camera would immediately die instead of finishing off the video successfully.

So I bought a couple batteries off Ebay which I got at the end of July. So I've used one of those batteries which has now died on me. I'm back to reentering the date and the last video being unsuccessful.

Is this normal to have the internal battery running out of power after only 2 months for this model? Seems a little ridiculous that I have to keep feeding this thing $10 batteries every couple months.

I never leave the camera plugged into my car as I take it out and bring it inside my house.

Other than this, the camera has been great and produces clear video.

Thanks for any information

Derek

I put in my second battery on the same day I posted this message (Sept 7) and the battery died yesterday. So in less then a month, another new battery has died resulting in the time stamp having to be reentered every time and the last video not closing properly when the car is parked.

Is this normal for this camera to go through internal batteries like candy because if it is, I'm really regretting buying this thing.

Hi all, been lurking in this forum past week and just joined.

I am interested in this dashcam, along with a few others (Shadow GT550W, Mini 0801, Mobius). For this DR-32, has the issues of noise in audio recording and colour smearing (e.g. when red colour car driving past the edge of the camera view) solved yet?

Edit: I also noted there are two different types of 3M adhesive mounts shown on that Foxoffer site. One with flexible ball-joint and the other one with one-directional hinge joint. Which one will come with the package?

Mine came with both mounts.

Mine came with both mounts.

Do you mean yours come with 3 mounts - one ball-joint suction mount, one ball-joint adhesive mount and one hinge-joint adhesive mount?

Back