The new 808 #18 DR32 Car Camera

And ps they all ship from Singapore.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No, they are only using Singapore Post as shipping method. Is the best cheap shipping method to send items from China, better than HK Post and much better than China Post. Sometimes I received in one week something from China using Singapore Post. I think the SG post have all offices there in Shenzen and the stuff is not going to Singapore, but leaving China directly.

I have an FedEx item from Korea and form Seoul was going to China (Shenzen) then to Germany and from there will go to Romania. The SG Post shippings came to my country directly from China judging on the tracking number.

If you are living in EU (except UK) and order bigger values (under 4KG) try to ask sellers (not the #18 seller because he is using only SG Post and the value is not big) to use Yanwen because is possible to not pay custom taxes because the shipping in arriving first in UK and from there is going to your country and UK is considered inside EU.

enjoy,
Mtz

Are you sure about the fact, that behind every seller on ebay there is the Hetai company?

My cam isn't working. After i received the camera i immediatly tried to update the firmware, which resulted in the cam shutting down after 1 second. I tried everything, resetting, formatting the sd-card on my computer, nothing worked.

So i contacted the seller, hxelpro360, which replied that i could send the camera back so they can check it and i would get a replacement.

My concern is, should i send the camera back and wait for another one to arrive (about 5 weeks?) or should i try to get a refund, and buy the now more expensive camera again. When it really is the Hetai company behind these sellers, maybe i won't be the fool after all. Maybe someone already had similar problems that led to a replacement?

regards

Sonique said:
Are you sure about the fact, that behind every seller on ebay there is the Hetai company?
The ones that I listed are Hetai for sure.

Mikk36 is right!

enjoy,
Mtz

You still might struggle returning it though, power digital just got some negative feedback for the poor handling of the replacement of a return.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mtz said:
No, they are only using Singapore Post as shipping method. Is the best cheap shipping method to send items from China, better than HK Post and much better than China Post. Sometimes I received in one week something from China using Singapore Post. I think the SG post have all offices there in Shenzen and the stuff is not going to Singapore, but leaving China directly.

I have an FedEx item from Korea and form Seoul was going to China (Shenzen) then to Germany and from there will go to Romania. The SG Post shippings came to my country directly from China judging on the tracking number.

If you are living in EU (except UK) and order bigger values (under 4KG) try to ask sellers (not the #18 seller because he is using only SG Post and the value is not big) to use Yanwen because is possible to not pay custom taxes because the shipping in arriving first in UK and from there is going to your country and UK is considered inside EU.

enjoy,
Mtz

Package shipped using Singapore post also go to Singapore, some time Singapore is faster and cheaper than Hongkong post. Most of company use shipping agent, you can choose many different shipping method, like DHL, Fedex, Hongkong Post, Singapore Post, China EMS, HK EMS and so on. Normally use Hongkong Post and Singapore post for small package. It is better use Singapore post for package include battery.

You should also try the Yanwen company when shipping at least to EU.

enjoy,
Mtz

Sonique said:

My cam isn't working. After i received the camera i immediatly tried to update the firmware, which resulted in the cam shutting down after 1 second. I tried everything, resetting, formatting the sd-card on my computer, nothing worked.

So i contacted the seller, hxelpro360, which replied that i could send the camera back so they can check it and i would get a replacement.

My concern is, should i send the camera back and wait for another one to arrive (about 5 weeks?) or should i try to get a refund, and buy the now more expensive camera again. When it really is the Hetai company behind these sellers, maybe i won't be the fool after all. Maybe someone already had similar problems that led to a replacement?

regards

I ended up buying my from FoxOffers.com. They appear to be the most legitimate place, and offer 1-year warranty across their products. I paid via PayPal, so there is some protection there, but all in all, I trusted them based on the good communication. I've ordered mine last week and hope to get it here in the United States in the next week or so. Like other eBayer's if you private message them, FoxOffers honoured the old $99 price of the DR32.

Purchased from foxoffer after reading all the problems folks were having with eBay and amazed it arrived so fast from Hong Kong to the UK.
Works well and so far, no problems at all and very pleased with the quality of sound and video. :D
Thanks for all the information and advice I gathered from this forum.

Only problem I am having is trying to edit the files in Vegas Pro 12. None of the files will load and YouTube doesn't seem to like them either in their basic format.
Can you guys give me some pointers on how you manage the files.
I've tried all the 'fixes' to get them loaded in Vegas Pro with no success.

Gazza said:
Purchased from foxoffer after reading all the problems folks were having with eBay and amazed it arrived so fast from Hong Kong to the UK.
Works well and so far, no problems at all and very pleased with the quality of sound and video. :D
Thanks for all the information and advice I gathered from this forum.

Only problem I am having is trying to edit the files in Vegas Pro 12. None of the files will load and YouTube doesn't seem to like them either in their basic format.
Can you guys give me some pointers on how you manage the files.
I've tried all the 'fixes' to get them loaded in Vegas Pro with no success.

While I don't use Vegas, I use a similar program, Adobe Premiere (Elements) to edit them. I ran into the same problem where the audio came in fine, but the video content was "scrambled".

However, I found that re-encoding the original video files into h.264 via Handbrake (at a very high quality to preserve detail) rendered the files editable.

So in short:
- Find segements you want to edit by previewing the original files.
- Use Handbrake to encode those segments.
- Use Video Editor on re-encoded segments for final editing.

That SHOULD work.

Thanks for the quick reply NoAIm.
I found a free avi to mp4 converter and all is now good.

I have been looking around and cannot find an answer. I received my DR32 a couple weeks ago and I am running into an issue with it.

When I first got it and used it I had issues where the camera would not shut off properly when power is lost causing the last video to not save. I took it out and let it sit on a wall charger for about an hour and then tried back in the car and it worked fine up until today. When power is lost it just shuts off and the last video is lost.

The setup I have is a USB cable to a USB port in my center console. I have a 2013 Ford Focus if that matters.

sekazi said:
The setup I have is a USB cable to a USB port in my center console. I have a 2013 Ford Focus if that matters.

sounds very much like your battery is not being charged sufficiently, revert to the included car charger is an easy way to confirm if this is the case or not

jokiin said:
sekazi said:

sounds very much like your battery is not being charged sufficiently, revert to the included car charger is an easy way to confirm if this is the case or not
When it first did this I hooked up the original power but I did not leave it on. The reason I opted out then was because my 12V power does not cut off when the car is off so that means I would end up draining the battery.

I would like to do a battery backup type setup so I can run the camera on a external battery when the car is off but I am still unsure about how to do this especially if my USB ports are not providing enough power.

The original power supply gives 1 amp at 5 volts, take that as a guideline.

I purchased two of these dashcams from powerdigital898 on eBay, neither came with a manual. Is that odd?

Anyone else having problems with twilight videos ?
Take a look at this video :-

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that for OV2710 Image Sensor and Hetai cameras the position of the camera should not include in image too much dashboard. Try to make some test with almost no dashboard. Just for testing purposes even the image is not nice with too much sky.

enjoy,
Mtz

It's due to too much SKY being in the video frame.

Think of it this way, you have a very bright sky, but a very dark foreground. The way the auto EV works is probably looking at the average brightness of the video frame. So if you have more of the foreground (the road) you will probably have more consistent results.

Note that this is a very difficult lighting problem for any camera to solve.

Back