the "other cameras and general photography / videography" thread

I have a couple of pics.
First one i took myself with my Nikon D5200, the second one is from around 2007 taken by my nephew using my friends old Canon dslr.

phoenix.jpg

In the picture it is of course me throwin it down on the harbour in Aarhus back in 2007 :) not quite what other middle aged men do for fun around here :D

Hchair.JPG

O just fell over another pic from my Nikon, my friends puppy in the forground and him in the background.

minito.png

Cool thread (and better pics :)

I gifted myself an Olympus E-PL7 this year as my trusty "Handy-Cam" (Smartphones-Camera) goes down like the Smartphone itself...
(I was trying to get my Hands to an old Nikon D5100 but had no luck on the bay, so I went for a small Camera - still figuring out all the functions but already realised that i'll need some objectives as the delivered one is a "good compromise")

Here's one of my far to few shots with the Olympus this year (reduced size, but the macro-function is GREAT:
PA250011kl.jpg

(thats on one of my Chili-Plants this automn; I was lucky to see one of these as I had an issue with vine fretters)

i really didn't need another camera but...it was on sale. :D

i read all the reviews when it was first released. and it's still pretty awesome 2-3 years after it's release.

olympus O-MD E-M5 paired with a pentax K-mount 35mm by mitake.
IMG_7929 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

and this shot is taken with my sony A7 with the 55mm zeiss mounted:
IMG_7926 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

and this aerial was taken by the above phantom 3:
IMG_7925 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

i really didn't need another camera but...it was on sale. :D

i read all the reviews when it was first released. and it's still pretty awesome 2-3 years after it's release.

olympus O-MD E-M5 paired with a pentax K-mount 35mm by mitake.
IMG_7929 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

and this shot is taken with my sony A7 with the 55mm zeiss mounted:
IMG_7926 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

and this aerial was taken by the above phantom 3:
IMG_7925 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

That's pretty sick!

another quick edit I just finished of a few flights from over the weekend. :)

This is my favorite picture from this summer, snapped with my friends Nikon D5500 with a Tamaron xx - 300 mm Zoom.

showtime1.jpg

Dident really get to snap much pictures this summer.

I have the entry level D3300 with a 18-55. The 35mm prime is awesome!

Couple of old pics from when the camera was new around 2 years back.

Mussoorie - Uttarakhand.

b.png

a.png

I have the entry level D3300 with a 18-55. The 35mm prime is awesome!

Couple of old pics from when the camera was new around 2 years back.

Mussoorie - Uttarakhand.

View attachment 26718

View attachment 26719

Nice! I have the 35mm prime as well. Well mine is the inexpensive f/1.8g AF-S version. It has a awesome DOF for portraits. The only the I don't line about it is using it for long exposure shots of the stars as it suffers from lens flare. I can't complain as I paid about $150 brand new for it. I prefer my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for shooting the stars.

I've been eyeing the 11-16 Pro DX II from Tokina for a while in my quest to go wide. Waiting for a good deal.

The 35mm that's actually shooting at nearly 50mm due to the crop factor works much better than the 50mm prime for portraits and bokeh IMO.

My photography interests lie in shooting landscapes and portraits. Did try shooting the sky and some other long exposure experiments but I think I need a better tripod.

I've been eyeing the 11-16 Pro DX II from Tokina for a while in my quest to go wide. Waiting for a good deal.

The 35mm that's actually shooting at nearly 50mm due to the crop factor works much better than the 50mm prime for portraits and bokeh IMO.

My photography interests lie in shooting landscapes and portraits. Did try shooting the sky and some other long exposure experiments but I think I need a better tripod.

Yeah I'm at about 52mm on my 35mm with my Nikon D90. My work bought me a wide lens for a project & I went with a Tamron 10-24mm based on my excellent experience with my 17-50mm. Wish I went with something else such the Nikon. It was around $500 but it's very soft & has a lot of distortion when shooting really ride. I'm taking landscape photos of hundreds of homes so I can't be bothered with post editing out lens distortion and I also work full time at my primary job. I usually zoom in slight to eliminate the fish eye look but that sort of defeats the purpose of a wide lens. My main problem is the lack of sharpness. I understand most wide lens will have distortion.

I was really bummed that I forgot any one of my 3 tripods on a recent trip to Mendocino/Fort Bragg. Our back patio of our room had an amazing view of the coast but the killer view was of the sky. It was very dark & you could see lots of stars. I was desperate to get a shot so I found a clean ash tray (I don't smoke) & wedged it under my lens to angle my camera up to get a shot of the stars. I also forgot my remote so I had to use the built in timer. Here's the best shot of the night.

image.jpeg

What settings was the picture taken at?

Plan on getting a full frame whenever I decide to retire the 3300. For the past year I've been shooting only in full manual mode and without the flash wherever possible. Still go a long way to go.

The Tokina looks promising as per reviews.

What settings was the picture taken at?

Plan on getting a full frame whenever I decide to retire the 3300. For the past year I've been shooting only in full manual mode and without the flash wherever possible. Still go a long way to go.

The Tokina looks promising as per reviews.

I shot this in full manual. My focus just kept hunting around so I zoomed in all of the way on Jupiter and then zoomed all of the way out. I did leave the white balance on auto. Here are the full details.

CAMERA Nikon NIKON D90
LENS Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) (A16)
ISO 1600
FOCAL LENGTH 17.0 mm (25.0 mm in 35mm)
APERTURE f/2.8
EXPOSURE TIME 30s (30)
NAME DSC_9409.JPG
SIZE 4288 x 2848
FILE SIZE 5.65 MB
DATE TAKEN 2016-09-06 23:10:49
DATE MODIFIED 2016-09-06 23:10:49
Advanced
COMPRESSED BITS PER PIXEL 4
FLASH No Flash
METERING Multi-segment
EXPOSURE PROGRAM Manual
EXPOSURE MODE Manual
LIGHT SOURCE Unknown
WHITE BALANCE Auto
DIGITAL ZOOM RATIO 1
CONTRAST Normal
SATURATION Normal
SHARPNESS Normal
SUBJECT RANGE Unknown
SENSING METHOD One-chip color area
COLOR SPACE sRGB
SCENE CAPTURE TYPE Landscape
GAIN CONTROL High gain up
CIRCLE OF CONFUSION 0.020 mm
FIELD OF VIEW 71.5 deg (72.15 m)
DEPTH OF FIELD inf (4.59 m - inf)
HYPERFOCAL DISTANCE 5.05 m
NORMALIZED LIGHT VALUE -5.9
SOFTWARE Ver.1.00

@MarkB That little plant that "eating the ant", we got lot of them in Denmark. I would never have expect to see them in Australia. We call them sun dew in Danish.

Back