The person I am suing lawyer wants all past months worth of video

"I was riding around a high powered elec**+ tric bike through local parks. Regular bicycles were not even allowed in the parks."

Wait! Somehow a "riding around a high powered elec**+ tric bike" transformed into:

"Driving a tiny motorized bicycle". :rolleyes:

Driving a tiny motorized bicycle is one thing but taking a full sized car into that area in a chase is another thing.

Wait! Somehow a "riding around a high powered elec**+ tric bike" transformed into:

Exactly, If I take your mountain bike, lace in a motor in the rear wheel, put a few batteries on, you got yourself a high powered electric powered bike. That is the beauty of electric in that you can get massive amounts of power out of it with a small motor and a few lithium batteries.

However, the bike will still weigh under 100lbs, still have bicycle suspension and bicycle wheels, it isn't a 300 lbs dirt bike.

Not going to continue arguing anymore about it. I was up front that I was screwing around and fell and was able to sue. I am also surprised under the circumstances and that is why I worded the post like I have. I also have no problems collecting money from the state if I can.

Next time you get hurt and can collect, then do what you think is right and let the state keep the money.

Great point, an illegal overpowered bike is a motorcycle.

The town should appeal per federal law

Great point, an illegal overpowered bike is a motorcycle.

The town should appeal per federal law

They had all the time to do that, the lawyers knew exactly what i had and I told them exactly what I was riding and still paid me 6 figures. I also told them I was riding in the park.

Case is closed and settled.

I still ride through the park, they know who I am. Nobody in the park really cares, people will stop and ask me about my bike.

They had all the time to do that, the lawyers knew exactly what i had and I told them exactly what I was riding and still paid me 6 figures. I also told them I was riding in the park.

Case is closed and settled.

I still ride through the park, they know who I am. Nobody in the park really cares, people will stop and ask me about my bike.
It's not closed if you lied or misled. Court just says you give money back (and pay payments for what you spent).

Ill make sure I contact the town to ensure you did not use the word "bike" instead of the legal term "motor vehicle" (for any overpowered 750+ watt bike, which you knew was overpowered and illegal... And unregistered)

As an ebike owner, im doubly angered you give the vehicles a bad name. Will search Google for settlements describing your scenario

Last edited:
It's not closed if you lied or misled. Court just says you give money back (and pay payments for what you spent).

Ill make sure I contact the town to ensure you did not use the word "bike" instead of the legal term "motor vehicle" (for any overpowered 750+ watt bike, which you knew was overpowered and illegal)

As an ebike owner, im doubly angered you give the vehicles a bad name. Will search Google for settlements describing your scenario

Its closed no matter if I lied or misled just to let you know. I asked my lawyer specifically about this and if I shared any information after it was closed if that could hurt me.

The other thing is I didn't lie or mislead, I told them it was an an electric powered bike with a motor. I had to go through hearings with the state lawyers and they knew exactly what I had and I told them exactly what I was riding. So good luck.

Even if I tell you right now I lied about everything it wouldn't matter at all, case is closed and done with, settled.

Everything I said was truthful here anyway and exactly what I told the lawyers for the state. They also have the video which shows everything anyway.

Exactly, If I take your mountain bike, lace in a motor in the rear wheel, put a few batteries on, you got yourself a high powered electric powered bike. That is the beauty of electric in that you can get massive amounts of power out of it with a small motor and a few lithium batteries.

However, the bike will still weigh under 100lbs, still have bicycle suspension and bicycle wheels, it isn't a 300 lbs dirt bike.

Not going to continue arguing anymore about it. I was up front that I was screwing around and fell and was able to sue. I am also surprised under the circumstances and that is why I worded the post like I have. I also have no problems collecting money from the state if I can.

Next time you get hurt and can collect, then do what you think is right and let the state keep the money.

The bottom line here, despite whatever merits your case may or may not have had, is that you act and sound like an entitled opportunist with a self serving victim mentality and that is what everyone here finds objectionable.

Aside from that, from the very beginning of this thread you have been vague and misleading about the true nature of your matter, leaving everyone to think you were talking about a car accident, even using the terms "speeding and reckless driving" in your opening statement, certainly not terms one immediately equates with bicycles, motorized or otherwise on a dash cam forum.

Last edited:
The bottom line here, despite whatever merits your case may or may not have had, you act and sound like an entitled, opportunist with a self serving victim mentality and that is what everyone here finds objectionable.

Aside from that, from the very beginning of this thread you have been vague and misleading about the true nature of your matter, leaving everyone to think you were talking about a car accident, even using the terms "speeding and reckless driving" in your opening statement; certainly not terms one immediately equates with bicycles on a dash cam forum.

Exactly, that was when the case was opened and it mattered what I said. It mattered what I wrote on the internet if they wanted to use that information against me so I was very careful not to talk about any specifics of the case and changed the facts.

Entitled or not, I find it surprising they paid me also. I didn't even think about a lawsuit until my family member told me I should go through with it as I thought I would be the one in trouble. I also didn't realize I would have huge medical bills to deal with.

The state had the law on their side also, they could have fought this but didn't. The reason was the guy was full of road rage on the video and he was clearly the reason for accident, also he tried to leave the accident scene while bystanders were telling him to stop that I am injured. He knew he was in the wrong also.

You have to remember that even if someone is doing something illegal or wrong doesn't give you the right to physically harm them and this is what the guy did.

I was going to post the video but I am not going to do it now after the negative responses I got from everyone. If you saw the video you would clearly see why the state settled and didn't want to go to court.

Everything I said about the case here is what I told the state lawyers during the hearings. I told them I was riding a motorized bike, I told them I was in the park with the bike before the accident. I don't think it matters if I even lied to them at this point as the case is closed from what my lawyer told me.

Exactly, that was when the case was opened and it mattered what I said. It mattered what I wrote on the internet if they wanted to use that information against me so I was very careful not to talk about any specifics of the case and changed the facts.

Entitled or not, I find it surprising they paid me also. I didn't even think about a lawsuit until my family member told me I should go through with it as I thought I would be the one in trouble. I also didn't realize I would have huge medical bills to deal with.

The state had the law on their side also, they could have fought this but didn't. The reason was the guy was full of road rage on the video and he was clearly the reason for accident, also he tried to leave the accident scene while bystanders were telling him to stop that I am injured. He knew he was in the wrong also.

You have to remember that even if someone is doing something illegal or wrong doesn't give you the right to physically harm them and this is what the guy did.

I was going to post the video but I am not going to do it now after the negative responses I got from everyone. If you saw the video you would clearly see why the state settled and didn't want to go to court.

Everything I said about the case here is what I told the state lawyers during the hearings. I told them I was riding a motorized bike, I told them I was in the park with the bike before the accident. I don't think it matters if I even lied to them at this point as the case is closed from what my lawyer told me.

The entire gist of the thread is that you wanted members here to act like an "average jury" so that you could bounce your case off of us for feedback but you failed to provide enough facts to allow anyone to do that. Worse, you falsely claimed that you were "not reckless" when in fact your recklessness was one of the major contributing factors leading to what happened".

You guys would be like your average Jury. If I think you are considering me a reckless rider because I said the defense my try and argue that, I will try and best present my case and evidence to show how I am not reckless.

You tried to make it sound like the opposing attorney was on some sort of absurd fishing expedition asking for footage of your previous travels on your motorized bike when now it becomes clear that he was trying to establish a pattern of behavior on your part that looks more and more to be quite likely. If we had all known that you were not driving a car as you implied but instead riding an illegal motorized bike in a place where they are forbidden you would certainly have received very different comments.

From the beginning of this thread all the way through you repeatedly come across here as self serving and disingenuous.

Last edited:
he was clearly the reason for accident...
doesn't give you the right to physically harm them and this is what the guy did.
Nothing you have said here supports this interpretation.
  • He had a right to pursue you and confront you.
  • You did not have to try to evade him, you chose to. You also chose to do so without adequate control, leading to you crashing.
  • You have not claimed that his vehicle hit yours or was in real danger of doing so, or that he assaulted you after you crashed.
So how do you see this as the guy doing physical harm to you?
If you want sympathetic opinions, you need to give a better explanation. Or upload the video.
The State settled because they did a cost/benefit analysis and figured it cost less to pay out than to fight it further. Their insurance may have even forced the decision on them. Getting a payout doesn't prove you were wronged.

I decided to enter the park again at a different location and fell on the grass.
I happened to have my action camera on at the time and it shows the guys car pull right up in front of me on the grass after I fell.

Last edited:
Would you drive your car into a park, on the grass where no cars are allowed?

IF I was Law Enforcement, probably. You were committing a crime and they were trying to apprehend you.

Also, belies belief that you driving into a park on a high powered motorised bike is more acceptable to you than them following you into the park to apprehend you. At least they had a justification for being there.

As I said, above, I don't believe your story. Had they knocked you off or cut in front of you making you fall off, then yes maybe you might have been able to wrangle some comp, although from what I've seen of US cops, they often use vehicles as weapons to knock them off their feet when apprehending law breakers and it appears acceptable. I personally don't think anyone who breaks the law deserves anything. You get injured as a result of breaking the law, tough sh*t.

However the whole idea that they'd pay you £20K for simply falling of your bike of your own accord at the worry that you were being followed smells false to me. Are you going to get £20K if you've been out shoplifting and you trip up in the street because you're worrying about the security guard who's following you 30 feet behind? Just doesn't seem true to me.

If you want to convince me, post me the £20K, then I'll post here that I've seen it.

You seem to doubt that people ever choose to do what's right, when they can get easy money instead.
Well ... been there, done that. Boring story follows.
A few years ago I was cycling, turned onto the main road and was stuck on the inside of crawling traffic. I overtook cautiously on the inside. When I reached a side road, nothing was moving, and despite knowing the risk, I kept overtaking - carefully - on the inside through the junction. As I was about to pass, an Addison Lee minicab* decided to turn into the side road and floored it without indicating. I stopped, but ahead of the cab's rear wheels. He accelerated so hard I did a 360 degree sideways somersault, ripping my jeans and bloodying my knee.

Now just as in the US, that would have been easy money if I'd pursued it. But I considered myself at least 50% to blame, so I didn't.
The injury was far worse than I thought (my feet were in toe clips and it had twisted my knee.) I couldn't walk at all for about 3 weeks. I was in agony that kept me awake most of the nights. I honestly thought I'd be crippled for life. I still didn't seek damages.
It ended up being about 6 months before I could walk normally. I still didn't seek damages. I don't care that I could have got a crap load of money out of an insurance company. I took responsibility for my actions and did what I thought was right.

Now I'm sure that in your eyes, and many others, that makes me a fool. But I'm happy with my choice. And I was a lot more deserving of compensation than you were.

*Sadly I was unaware of the Addison Lee reputation back then. :(

Last edited:
E- bicycles are okay here, but if it can do more than 25 km/h it are not street legal.
Which kinda piss me off cuz i would like a kick ass E-bike, that could do much more than 25 km/h :p but it is never going to happen with my financial situation, so no more bicycling for me ever.

And here parks are also a no go for cycles unless there are a bicycle path there, but aside for a path thru the park all the other paths are for walking and walking alone.
We already learned this as kids as i lived next to the botanical garden in Aarhus and it had hills and we had box cars to run, so many a person have almost been run over by us punk kids.
And i also cant deny i might have been thru there on a gocart with a motorcycle cop trailing behind me, but i think that was the norm for most of us brave / stupid enough to give that gocart a go on public streets. :oops:

So glad there was no camera phones around back then.

I am going to call BS on the settlement amount. Sorry it does not pass muster. Sure Cities / States pay claims all the time but the amounts / limits they pay are generally limited by law. Next, the OP was at least 50% in the wrong here. Lastly, 210K? C'mon man! Maybe 21K but more likely 2K (if anything at all was even paid)..

I can't see a court in the country ruling that the City / State needs to shell out what the OP has claimed based on the events mentioned and there is ZERO chance the City / State would have settled at that high of an amount. People who are permanently disabled by City / State vehicles in accidents might get that amount, maybe!

Cities / States do often settle out of court on cases they know they will win. They factor in what it will cost them to litigate it -v- a settlement. If the payout is 2K and the City / State estimates it will cost 10K to fight it then they will make the payout more often than not even full well knowing they'd win at a trial... For a City / State to settle at $210K that means they must think it would cost far more than that to litigate it or a risk of a higher payout if lost at trail.

What would make sense to me and be believable would be the City / State, even though they think they'd win at trail, is paying the medical bills, paying to repair any damage to the bike and offering a small pain and suffering amount (2K max, maybe)... They'd do this to save on litigation costs and not because the OP had a case or a chance of winning.

Something smells weird here about this story.

My .02 off the claimed $210K payout..

Last edited:
At first I thought all I would get would be maybe 30-50K. So I agree it does seem like a lot.

But you have to understand, this is what they pay if you have to have two surgeries, one which was a 2 hour surgery.

The other important thing is I was not working, so this is not even for loss wages, this is purely all for the accident + pain and suffering.

Video was really bad, the guy, who was not police or security just a citizen for how the law is concerned was in total road rage and tried to leave with others telling him to say. It would have been brutal if this went to court.

And yes, there was car and bike contact, so he did hit me with the car. This was not seen on the video which was only facing forwards.

At first I thought all I would get would be maybe 30-50K. So I agree it does seem like a lot.

But you have to understand, this is what they pay if you have to have two surgeries, one which was a 2 hour surgery.

The other important thing is I was not working, so this is not even for loss wages, this is purely all for the accident + pain and suffering.

Video was really bad, the guy, who was not police or security just a citizen for how the law is concerned was in total road rage and tried to leave with others telling him to say. It would have been brutal if this went to court.
Sorry, not buying the amount for one second.. I did something similar to this for years so I fully understand how these things work. There is no way whatsoever a city or state would pay that amount for a broken bone when you were at least 50% responsible.

For a case like this the litigation cost to the city would be minimal and any damages awarded by the court, if they even lost (doubtful), would come nowhere close to what the claimed payout was.

A 200K plus payout would be documented somewhere. Court records or news article. I assume the local news would have reported this as that's a rather LARGE payout. Have links to any of this?

Sorry, not buying this for one second.

Last edited:
Sorry, not buying the amount for one second.. I did something similar to this for years so I fully understand how these things work. There is no way whatsoever a city or state would pay that amount for a broken arm when you were at least 50% responsible.

For a case like this the litigation cost to the city would be minimal and any damages awarded by the court would come nowhere close to what the claimed payout was.

A 200K plus payout would be documented somewhere. Court records or news article. I assume the local news would have reported this as that's a rather LARGE payout. Have links to any of this?

Sorry, not buying this for one second.

If I had a link I wouldn't give it out anyway after I have people trying to stalk me from this forum. I thought this was an open and kind forum but it isn't. All I did was share what happened and you can read the thread to see the rest.

Like it or not this is the truth, I really have no reason to lie about it.

This is what cases are worth for having surgery, not sure what you are looking at. You should hear the awards getting paid out for people just falling someplace.

Was the money worth it for my injury? Nope, I'd pay 210K and then some to not go through this again, and remember the lawyer gets his 3rd. I also had to pay my surgery costs. It isn't all that much money at the end of the day.

But this is what the case was worth in my city, I guess if you lived in Alabama it would be worth a lot less.

Hey it's your story so tell it however you want... I am calling it total and utter BS..

Back