the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

With as hot as the summers usually are here, I'm careful to not wish for a too-early ending of winter. Instead I just wish that Spring and Autumn lasted longer here :cool:
Nice video and an interesting place. Very good filming and editing having only those two cameras to work with (y)

Phil

Some time ago i did a full series of how to convert a normal MTB to an electric MTB with the help of a 1000W gearless KIT that i have found very cheap. So here is the follow-up final test and full review review. I can say that I was truly impressed by the quality and features, also it has one of the best PAS systems that will adjust the assist power not the speed!

By far not a device intended for professional manufacturing of large batteries, yet an impressive little gadget that will make your life a lot more easier for small DIY projects or battery repairs & upgrades. With an adjustable 5 level work mode this battery operated spot welder will work exceptionally well with 0.10 mm nickel tabs and might work with a thickness up to 0.12-0.13mm. While some do suggest, this will not work with 0.15mm regardless of the settings or quality of the nickel tabs.

Have to be careful buying those spot-welders- I've seen numerous reports of early death with many brands :( Make sure what you buy has had long-term testing done.

Phil

I have solder blobbd a few flattops, thats about as far as i want to go with lipo batteries.

I stumbled across the local R/C flying club field yesterday. Saw the sign, 0900 saturday morning, back home would be packed and planes in the air. Pulled in for a look......totally empty, no signs of life. Adjacent to a powered parachute field and club, also empty.

Empty R/C Field on saturday morning back in USA would be unheard of..... :)

Have to be careful buying those spot-welders- I've seen numerous reports of early death with many brands :( Make sure what you buy has had long-term testing done.

Phil
Yes, true. Well until now mine is still working ok :D

7.jpg

Ever heard of B-Unstoppable? It was the first tank drone ever built, although it hasn't quite hit the market and the design was quickly copied by a China toy maker and sold as another model. Years have passed and initial inventor and designer not only patented his project but has updated the design, tech, performance and user experience, hence the X-TankCopter was released.

8.jpg

Sporting a lightweight body, coreless motors and rather large 900mAh 1S LiPo battery, the whole drone weight just 131grams! From here things are getting even more interesting as the air frame will collapse from built-in pivot points to protect it from crashes, while in front of the drone we will find a 720p HD camera tied up to a WiFi digital transmitter enabling real-time FPV with the aid of the provided smartphone app.

11.jpg

Now things get even more interesting as in the box you will not only find a R/C transmitter for better control but you will also find a pair of 3D - FPV googles for a immersive experience! Their design is also interesting as they feature a phone clip and extensible shroud that will permit a full array of smartphones to be compatible.

16.jpg

Flight wise the X-TankCopter is pleasant and easy to pilot, it has automatic altitude hold and with the low weight it's rather nimble. On the remote you have also dual rates option to make it much more responsive while the drone provides both automatic lunch-land and also manual arming of motors and manual take off. Yes this is indeed a toy grade drone but for the price-quality ratio it is great.

PROS
- easy to pilot with altitude hold
- great bundle with camera and FPV glasses
- very nimble on high rates
- tank mode is very fun indoors on hardwood floors as it will be a drifting tank
- very good app, stable, minim lag
- records onto sd card directly.
- can choose WiFi transmission quality, speed vs fluidity
- emergency warning for low battery & signal

CONS

- maybe include a 2nd battery in the box

You can grab the new X-TankCopter from the official Xerall shop (not affiliated link)

Also use code: BW3WXB5Z for a nice 20% OFF

Soon a full video review will be added here...

Putting both the bike and me to some proper work. What it supposed to be a relaxed stroll through the nature ended up as an extreme ride through forests, mud, eroded roads, creeks, through wilderness, going very steep hills and last but not least chased by lots of dogs! Overall the trip was beautiful and the Lankeleisi XT750 Plus was a pleasant surprise that it held so well to this kind of torture. The bike was unlocked and I have exploited all the power that the controller could provide, which tops to about 1000W. The fat tires were brilliant on the mud parts and it held the bike nicely and not permitted it to sink too deep, wile the tire surface didn't got too sticky to throw up too much mud or to get loaded up. The power configuration also included a dual battery mod thus the combined total capacity was 12.8Ah (stock) + 9.6 (extra) = 22.4Ah.

Nice bike. Though it would be so illegal in Denmark.

That dog :rolleyes: yesterday in a place where it is okay to have your dog off leash, 2 dogs looking like huskies caught a deer and killed it,,,,, you are only allowed to off leash your dogs if you still have control of the dogs.
The owner was no where to be seen.
The dogs and owner are identified.

EDIT i deleted "my" picture, could potentially be too much for some people.

People who saw it just took pictures as you can see,,,,,,, personally i would have attacked those 2 dogs, and i might have been forced to pull the knife out of my pocket after doing that, CUZ if a dog bite me,,,, i will "bite" back

Nice bike. Though it would be so illegal in Denmark.

That dog :rolleyes: yesterday in a place where it is okay to have your dog off leash, 2 dogs looking like huskies caught a deer and killed it,,,,, you are only allowed to off leash your dogs if you still have control of the dogs.
The owner was no where to be seen.
The dogs and owner are identified.

EDIT i deleted "my" picture, could potentially be too much for some people.

People who saw it just took pictures as you can see,,,,,,, personally i would have attacked those 2 dogs, and i might have been forced to pull the knife out of my pocket after doing that, CUZ if a dog bite me,,,, i will "bite" back

When you buy the bike it comes limited to 25km/h, while the power is also limited to around 250W. The problem is that it has written "500W" on the motor and also has a twist throttle. The throttle can also be locked from the settings and disabled.

Here is my review for the ADO A20, overall a very good bike in this price range. It comes with some very good features and the dynamic performance is really nice for a 36V system, off course after you unlock and tweak it. In the video review I'm addressing all the pros and cons that I could find beside providing ride footage and more details.
While the name doesn't say much I can tell you that this bike is truly interesting. Featuring front fork suspension, seat post suspension, clever overall design, attention to details and a smart S866 controlled that can be highly customized this is an amazing deal! The A20 comes as a CE complaint eBike with 25km/h speed limit, 250W motor power and only assisted mode available. With a bit of "magic" this will jump to 350W and reach 35km/h with motorcycle throttle like and no more pedaling.

Just fineshd my review for another eBike. The ENGWE EP-2 PRO is a very high quality 20" fatbike that comes with a very affordable price. It boasts a high power planetary geared Xiongda 750W motor that produces copious amount of torque and it's being coupled with a fully programmable controller that allows full speed unlocking and throttle acceleration thus turning this into a fast 45km/h capable fat bike. The in-frame battery has 12.8Ah @ 48V and it's fully removable, lockable and also comes with a key start. The rest of the bike is extremely well built and a lot of attention was put into details an accessories such as full metal mudguards, very sturdy rear rack, adjustable & lockable front suspension, very comfortable seat with extra padding and springs, very good front and rear lights , etc.

Nice bike

I've been riding a Wallke X3 Pro for the past year

Put over 1200 hard miles on it

Someone on Craigslist recently offered me $700 more than what I could buy a brand new updated model for, so I let it go and immediately place an order using the Black Friday coupon.

Last night I installed a USB hub and a BlueSkySea B4K w/rear cam

20211210_020723.jpg20211210_020741.jpg20211210_020856.jpg20211210_021830.jpg20211210_020729.jpg

Back