the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

New Dodge body finally arrived, sadly its #metoo as a lot of other people will also run the same body.

I am going to paint it in the factory color scheme, so one of the below options and then black.

• Seawolf Submarine Green
  • Red
  • Dark Blue
  • Yellow
  • Dodge Truck Dark Green
I am leaning towards Dark blue and black fenders and running boards.
But lets see what happen NYC cab yellow could be cool too.
PWsmall.jpg

My WL Toys K959 2WD Buggy ...
This thing really is a lawn mower !
The bottom of the body does not have a lot of ground clearance , so pretty much drags over long grass ..
This means the rear wheels are spinning most of the time , mowing the lawn as the buggy goes along .
I set the throttle as low as it would go , and it still spins the wheels all the time .

A serous bit of fun !
Yeah one of the bargains I picked up last year ... ( Embarrassingly cheap )

A different way to use the Mi Drone, documenting and showcasing for a local FPV freestyle drone event. Watching the fast drones going through all those abandoned buildings made me push my luck and try it with the "large slow one"
1f603.png
:D As soon as the drone gets to the ground floor level looses GPS (perfectly normal) and gets the compass distracted, it would have been smart to have it in ATTI mode but sadly you can not enable that mode in flight so it was GPS-less and VPU-less just manual ATTI with lots of compass warnings
1f603.png

What, you didn't try to do chase cam? Lol

Wish I had time to fly mine... Now that I have proper goggles,I don't really have an excuse aside from lack of time. It would be neat and very challenging to try flying thru the new houses under construction in my neighborhood...

Just dont crash in there or you will be trespassing, and that might be bad for your health :giggle:
The race quads are pretty cool, but i am glad i dident catch that bug.

Just dont crash in there or you will be trespassing, and that might be bad for your health :giggle:
The race quads are pretty cool, but i am glad i dident catch that bug.
Obviously I wouldn't do it while workers are there. That's not safe. I would be doing it when it's just studs, no sheetrock or anything. The builder doesn't care if we go in as long as we don't damage anything or steal building supplies.

Course it doesn't look like I'll be flying anytime soon... (Yes I switched my weather app to metric just for this screen shot :p)
Screenshot_2018-02-20-13-03-02-1.jpg

Last edited:
My friend started to get into light planes a while back, but he quickly found out that when the wind are low here it is often accompanied by some form of downpour.
Here we are heading for a week of sub zero temperatures, there have even been mention of -20 degrees, but so far the forecast just say -10 to 15 on the coldest days ahead.

Good video / what camera ?

Thats pretty damned good !

There are some YT videos comparing to the phantom 4K that cost 2X more when it came out / was for sale.

Just a bit of hover outside ...
I must get out with the JJRC H28 and Furibee F60

I think the camera come with that quadcopter ?
This camera is here: Original Xiaomi 3-axis Stabilization Camera Gimbal https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopter-parts/pp_690156.html
DCT Xiaomi 3-axis Stabilization Camera Gimbal.jpg
$ 289. 90
Xiaomi 3-axis Stabilization Camera Gimbal_3.jpg Xiaomi 3-axis Stabilization Camera Gimbal_2.jpg
Description:
11 printed circuit boards, 3 brushless motors, and 55 production processes contribute to the highly integrated Xiaomi 3-axis stabilization
camera gimbal. This masterpiece effectively ensures every pixel in each frame through the extremely fast rotation and high control accuracy
of the three axes. Being an aerial photographer becomes a matter of course, since you can take marvelous 12MP photos,
record 4K UHD videos and enjoy the extraordinary aerial view in real-time.

Main Features:
● Perfectly stabilized 4K UHD video ( 3840 x 2160P 30fps ), 12 MP photo ( 4000 x 3000 )
● With Exmor R 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor and aspheric lenses to ensure the image quality
● 4km ultra long-distance HD image transmission by using TDMA spread spectrum
● + / -0.02 degree control accuracy, efficient 3-axis stabilization for clear, flawless, smooth shots

Specifications:
Gimbal
Controllable range: tilt: -90 to 0 degree
Control accuracy: + / -0.02 degree
Stabilization: image stabilization + Pan Follow Mode
Mechanical range: tilt: -120 to 35 degree; roll: -35 to 35 degree; pan: -65 to 65 degree

Camera
Image sensor: 1/2.3 inch CMOS
Effective pixels: 12MP
Focal length: 3.7mm ( 20mm format equivalent )
Lens: 94-degree FOV, f/2.8
ISO range: 100 - 3200 ( video ), 100 - 1600 ( photo )
Shutter speed: 8 - 1/8000s
Maximum photo resolution: 4000 x 3000
Video resolution: 3840 x 2160P 30fps; 2560 x 1440P 60fps; 1920 x 1080P 100 / 60 / 30fps
File system: FAT32 / exFAT
Photo format: JPEG / RAW
Video format: MP4
Supported SD card: micro SD ( Class 10 / U3 or above ) 16 - 64GB

Annotation:
● Unobstructed, without electromagnetic interference, when FCC compliant
● The camera gimbal of Mi Drone 4K is not compatible with 1080P version, vice versa
● The 4km image transmission range is from Mi Drone Lab, actual distance may vary depending on the environment
Specification
General Information
Brand: Xiaomi
Type: Gimbal
Compatible with: Mi Drone 4K
Camera Gimbals: Brushless Gimbals
Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.1850 kg
Package weight: 0.3550 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 7.50 x 6.50 x 11.00 cm / 2.95 x 2.56 x 4.33 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 8.50 x 7.50 x 12.00 cm / 3.35 x 2.95 x 4.72 inches

From the same chemical plant ruins, this time with a racer, i must admit i'm out of shape when it comes to FPV + racers, haven't flown this way for the last ~ 3 years so it's was kind of awkord getting back into shape, not to mention that I now find ACRO as being hideous :p

Like a Boss > :)

The Hubsan H216A X4 Desire Pro is a budget priced drone that comes with a lot of functionalities and features. It has live WiFi FPV, GPS position hold and automatic return to home (RTH), it has an improved HD camera and smart flight modes such as follow me. Last but not least it even comes with a Bluetooth remote controller (but not a true transmitter) which should improve user experience, but will it ? Find out by watching the video.

No time to watch the video, but Bluetooth makes no sense to control a drone. Range is just too short! Best range I've ever got on my Bluetooth headset is about 40-50 feet. That was open air with clean line of sight - no obstructions.

Back