The song kinda suits this collision

eug

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Saw this two weeks ago. The song I was listening to kinda suits it I think!

Good thing it was minor. I bet he never does that **** for brains move ever again!

Run them red lights?

I see all green...

Good thing it was minor. I bet he never does that **** for brains move ever again!

Yeah... it was actually the white car's fault. I gave the 4WD guy the footage. What's dumb is, the white car didn't have any insurance for that, so the 4WD's insurance company is going to be chasing them for the cost of the repairs.
I don't think I would drive without at least third party property damage insurance. Imagine if an uninsured driver hit an S-Class or something.

Run them red lights?

I see all green...

Ahh yes, the youtube description mentions it's not very accurate. It looks like the 4WD driver ran a red light because my side is all green, so the song kinda suits it.
But in reality both sides were green - my side is meant to wait for a break in traffic before turning. The car wasn't even in a turning lane - only my lane is allowed to turn right. The cops have the footage now too, so not only will the car have to pay for the repairs, they'll probably also get a ticket for the illegal turn.

I see.
What camera are you using?

I see.
What camera are you using?

VicoVation WF-1. I had a GS600 before but it kept killing my memory cards and the image wasn't sharp at all. Glad I made the switch.
The wifi transfer on the WF-1 is very frustrating though. It's slooooowwwww!

Yeah... it was actually the white car's fault. I gave the 4WD guy the footage. What's dumb is, the white car didn't have any insurance for that, so the 4WD's insurance company is going to be chasing them for the cost of the repairs.
I don't think I would drive without at least third party property damage insurance. Imagine if an uninsured driver hit an S-Class or something..

We are told that this is the reason for spiralling insurance costs. Insurance companies are having to pay for repairs & they can't recover anything from the uninsured.

The system needs a radical change to ensure EVERY person old enough to drive has an insurance policy to cover themselves - that is, health, accident, theft etc.

Yeah that white car looks like he cut you off, turning right from a straight-lane. These are the types of people that should not be driving. And he doesn't have insurance either? Not surprising..
Good on you for giving the footage to the other driver

We are told that this is the reason for spiralling insurance costs. Insurance companies are having to pay for repairs & they can't recover anything from the uninsured.

The system needs a radical change to ensure EVERY person old enough to drive has an insurance policy to cover themselves - that is, health, accident, theft etc.

Insurance companies are cheap a$$ whores.
They don't care about anything except money.
They increase rate when you are involved in an accident even when it's clearly not your fault.

My SUV was hit in the parking lot at night and had to file claim and they put that on my record that I was an 'at risk' driver that didn't give me the best rate as I have a record of a claim.
WTF???
I pay insurance all my life and never claimed anything and they never refunded me any of that during non-claim record period because it's my money but when they have to pay something, they want additional money from me.
It's like paying for the claims on your own on installments from the rate increase.
Can't they pay from what I already paid to them?
Stupid industry.

Insurance companies are cheap a$$ whores.
They don't care about anything except money.
They increase rate when you are involved in an accident even when it's clearly not your fault.

I always shop around every year as they rely on people being lazy and just renewing their policy. My renewals often cost more than the previous year, even though the car has depreciated, regardless of whether or not I've lodged a claim!

How old was the driver in the white car? Looks like something a beginner would do.

I always shop around every year as they rely on people being lazy and just renewing their policy. My renewals often cost more than the previous year, even though the car has depreciated, regardless of whether or not I've lodged a claim!

Same thing happens also with home and contents insurance.

Red Light? That was about as ironic as it gets for DashCam videos.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Roadcam/comments/29jqgk/we_can_just_run_dem_red_lights/

VicoVation WF-1. I had a GS600 before but it kept killing my memory cards and the image wasn't sharp at all. Glad I made the switch.
The wifi transfer on the WF-1 is very frustrating though. It's slooooowwwww!

The Vico-WF1 is a great camera, We enjoyed meeting the Vidovation team in Vegas for CES. We're not sure why WF1 is not selling well for us in the USA. (we only have a couple left)
WiFi is cool, and picture quality + WDR night vision is tuned up quite well in the latest firmware. Vico is the first to offer PushCam service as well. (a hint of what's to come)
Panorama's are flying off our shelves though. I'm sure we'll have a newer Ambarella A7 WiFi based product in the near future though.

Last edited:
How old was the driver in the white car? Looks like something a beginner would do.

Pretty young. She looked maybe ... 20ish. Or under.
The video got posted on a dashcam facebook group. The car owner (who is male) saw it and posted a photo of the car after it was towed home. That was pretty sporting of him I guess!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=861713957189531&set=p.861713957189531&type=1
http://goo.gl/P6x3wi

Red Light? That was about as ironic as it gets for DashCam videos.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Roadcam/comments/29jqgk/we_can_just_run_dem_red_lights/
Haha cool, someone posted it on reddit. I wonder what the flame war was about though.

The Vico-WF1 is a great camera, We enjoyed meeting the Vidovation team in Vegas for CES. We're not sure why WF1 is not selling well for us in the USA. (we only have a couple left)
WiFi is cool, and picture quality + WDR night vision is tuned up quite well in the latest firmware. Vico is the first to offer PushCam service as well. (a hint of what's to come)
Panorama's are flying off our shelves though. I'm sure we'll have a newer Ambarella A7 WiFi based product in the near future though.

Yeah, my DOD GS600 was pretty disappointing. The WF1 is miles ahead in terms of video quality.
The wifi feature is incredibly slow when transferring video files though. Is there any way to speed it up?
I love the wifi-based "viewfinder". With the DOD I'd have to bring my portable LCD screen down to the car and hook it up with a/v cables to aim the camera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dash riposki Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 5
Back