Thinking about buying two of these Z7's

The lead to the computer would always put the camera into USB mode - hopefully it will just be a problem with the one in the car. That charge only one would only ever charge connected to a PC though.

It is a pain though and sorry you're having problems - I've got to admit I'd have thought Paypal would help out in these circumstances as well though (as that's the whole point of them existing isn't it?!)

If these companies don't offer good support though then they won't keep a good reputation on the forums - can @GearBest help?

I think they'd still expect you to cover return postage but then they could swap if there was an issue. Try that charge cable first if you can just to see - they come in useful anyway those ones.

Ill give it a go and check the pins

Thanks for the replies guys and Ill keep you posted :)

Hi @ChelseaCat,

Thank you very much for placing your order with us. Once again, we wish to apologize for the difficulties you have been experiencing regarding the device functionality.
Please contact me via PM, and we can discuss on this directly. Please reply me soon, so that we can solve this problem ASAP. If this cannot be solved after that, we will arrange refund for you.
We sincerely apologize for the additional inconvenience and ask for your kind cooperation and patience to resolve the matter together.

Also thank you guys for kindly helping @reverend, @sunny,@GJHS

Well its been 25 hours since I replied to the last PM I got from Gearbest and not had a reply back, I'm a little peed off about all this now and my work colleagues (taxi drivers) are totally put off buying from this company now as they have awaited my reviews on these two cameras and the company.

One of my colleagues did buy exactly the same cameras as me on the same day as I ordered mine as he couldn't wait although I did tell him to wait for my review , he received one of them and still waiting for the second one which is the same one I'm having problems with. (A118)

I'm chairman of a Hackney Association which has rather a large membership of taxi drivers here in the North East and the members rely on me to find the latest gadgets and apps for the taxi trade and these are published on our facebook page, its what I do and what I enjoy.

I don't think I will now be sharing the information about Gearbest It takes far too long to have problems sorted out and with it being 1000s of miles over seas its not as if we can pop down the shop to have a problem sorted out. They have potentially lost out on alot of orders from the taxi trade in my area.

This is only the second time I have dealt with long distance over seas companies and always been put off because of this very reason although the first company I dealt with was swift with dealing with shipments.

I will keep dashcam talk upto date with how this problem is dealt with and how long it takes.

You're learning the hard way that it's often preferable to pay a little extra & buy locally from suppliers like Carcamerashop, JooVuu, Webbex, Amazon UK, etc.

Last edited:
Yep correct lol.
Just looked at JooVuu looks pretty decent TBH not bad prices either. I think I will ask for a refund from this other company and try these instead, see what sort of delivery speeds I get and what sort of support is offered should things go wrong. Is JooVuu a member of this forum do you know.

Yeah Dan is on here - they're based in Stockport and have really quick delivery within the UK - @JooVuu :)

Cheers reverend and thanks russ331

Agree, everyone needs to understand this. Ordering from China is not the same as going to your local shop, it takes patience. It takes a long time for shipping and getting answers with the thousands of emails they answer a day. You get great prices because these shops sell worldwide with small staff. It may take a while longer yet I know GearBest will make it right. We have heard this about almost every Chinese seller, whenever there is a problem. People want answers and solutions immediately, which is difficult so far away

LOL yeah its just sooooooooooooooo frustrating though lol. This company seems to be huge they should have the staff to reply to emails / messages. Never mind Im awaiting my repy lol

LOL yeah its just sooooooooooooooo frustrating though lol. This company seems to be huge they should have the staff to reply to emails / messages. Never mind Im awaiting my repy lol
Their new and small and I'm no representative for them, yet my experience with Alta who handles DashCams, shows she really cares and will fix it. We have had a bunch of similar situations with other good Chinese sellers. Somebody recently slandered the **** out of FoxOffer due to the wait for an answer and refused any solution except a refund without returning the item. That cost FoxOffer a bunch of money and wasn't fair.

The Chinese shipping times frustrates the **** out of me, yet my wallet is much happier. If you're buying a bunch, you can ask these factories about a group deal and they will be much cheaper. And tell them to test them first!

I don't want to make you more frustrated, yet today is Saturday in China

Last edited:
Yep correct lol.
Just looked at JooVuu looks pretty decent TBH not bad prices either. I think I will ask for a refund from this other company and try these instead, see what sort of delivery speeds I get and what sort of support is offered should things go wrong. Is JooVuu a member of this forum do you know.

Pick us! Pick us! US OVER HERE! Yep us here!

Yeah but seriously, we're on here a lot and are constantly increasing our products.

We reply to 90% of our emails within 12 hours (we do not usually reply on Saturdays but we try and answer some on Sundays). We also are still testing our live chat feature as well to get issues sorted even quicker.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

PS
China is going to start charging a 30% tax on all returns/faulty products. We're currently caught in an argument with them as they are demanding the real price we bought it for and will not release the goods until done so. They also check the goods to make sure you are telling the truth. Worth a consideration.

Forgot to mention Banggood UK Warehouse... worth a browse.
I gave up on Banggood when they took too long to answer me and then refused to price match an item. Ha ha ha how dare they. All kidding aside I hear their good

Yeah fair comments really not having had much experience with this sort of business it is just frustrating the time it takes. I forgot it would be Saturday today

Ive had a reply from Gearbest and they have apologised for the inconvenience and offered to send me a new one as soon as possible. You cant say any fairer than that TBH at least I havent had a fight on my hands which I have done in the past for various things Ive bought on the internet. Ill keep you all posted but they seem to genuinely want to put things right. I really need to learn to be more patient, Im just not used to dealing with overseas companies and the time scale involved.

We feel so sorry for the delay of the reply. Since it was weekend here then, we were not able to deal with this problem in time. And we would like to thank all the dashcamtalk members who care about this issue and your kind helping.

We do really care about this issue as much as you do and would like to resolve this problem ASAP. Gearbest is fully committed to serving the needs of each and every customer. We’re always available to provide you with the very best support.

Got a reply from Gearbest today, they have sent a new a118 out to me so looking forward to that.

The Z7 cam I tried last night for the first time, I had the setting's wrong, set up for day light instead of night so not sure if that made a difference not sure if their is an automatic setting will have to look that up. I need to play around with the settings and explore more before I do a review but what I can say upto now is it has a really great wide angle for pointing inside the car, I picked up all the passengers which is what I wanted it for. I did notice blue pixels when it was really dark but again I will try it tonight but with the night settings and see if it makes a difference.

For the price it does its job and thats without playing around with it, you could clearly make out all the faces and when driving past street lights it lit up enough to make out what was going on inside. I briefly turned the camera round and faced it outward, I found it give a yellowish tint and not as good as the dual camera I used to have but it worked and was on the wrong settings so again we will see what it does when set up correctly.

I will play around with it and do a proper review and video when I have it set up to its best settings. Again for the price of around £26 delivered upto now I would not be disappointed it gives me the evidence I would need.

Another test I want to do is a comparison test with the more expensive A118 when both of them are facing outward through the windscreen at the same time.

This is not a review its just a quick brief description of what my finding's were with just plugging in a camera and letting it record. I will give a more detailed review when the second camera comes with video to back it all up.

Back