Thinking about SG9665GC for new car.

JustM3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been thinking about getting a SG9665GC for my 2015 Accord coupe, but I have a couple questions.

1. Has anyone here installed one on a 2014-2015 Accord? If so do you have any installed pics?

2. What is the overall length if you use the cable cover? I have the FCW in my car and I'm hoping it won't be longer than that.

3. How exactly does the GPS info work? If the sensor is plugged in will the speed/location always be imbedded or is there an extra step involved?

4. I have a front windshield tint strip so I'm worried about lining it up. I don't want to ruin the tint in more than one place from mounting it.

GPS speed and location is not embedded in the video

you can use the included clear 3M static sticker to trial fit to determine the position

not sure how long the FCW is in your car, there have been measurements of the camera and cable cover posted elsewhere here

GPS speed and location is not embedded in the video

you can use the included clear 3M static sticker to trial fit to determine the position

not sure how long the FCW is in your car, there have been measurements of the camera and cable cover posted elsewhere here

How does the GPS info work?

How does the GPS info work?

sorry, should have rephrased that, it's not hard coded into the video, the information is within the file, just not something that is embedded in the video during playback, the player software allows you to see that detail though

Ok so now after reading a bit more I'm further away from making a decision. The SGZC12SG looks mighty good and I like that wider angle but it has a larger footprint in the car.

^ That's pretty impressive except for the fact these cars should have ABS.

^ That's pretty impressive except for the fact these cars should have ABS.

I'm sure they had adjusted a few things from standard for this demonstration, main point was though that unless these systems are integrated to the vehicle and can interact then they're really next to useless, there is little intelligence built in so they only serve as a feature from the marketing departments viewpoint and are just an annoyance to end users, check the threads here from people that have cameras that have these functions and try and find someone that actually uses it

Oh I agree. In my brand new Accord the FCW barely works and LDW is more annoying than it's worth.

Oh I agree. In my brand new Accord the FCW barely works and LDW is more annoying than it's worth.

the aftermarket type are far more annoying as there's no smarts built in, it doesn't know when you're signalling to change lanes etc so will beep anyway

90 degrees Celsius, so about 194 degrees Fahrenheit.

No minimum temperature rating?

Back