Thinkware 750 Development

i have done the same thing and now my F750 running F770 firmware with out any problem so far but i don't know what is the good thing of using F770 firmware still have no idea. and yes like shunter 293 say after using the F770 firmware the camera slow down on mobile speed camera zoom from 5 to 3 it used to say 5 times in 2000 feet now 3 times much better.

I have not yet found that the Mobile Camera announcements can be turned off but the 03 update appears to address the overly repeated "Mobile Speed Camera Zone" announcements by considerably reducing the amount of times it is repeated at least that is what I have found in my area.

Everything else is still working as it should.

yeah, I can confirm that as well, in fact many of the roads where it used to be going on all the time, it now doesn't say anything, but all real cameras and average speed cameras are working fine

i have done the same thing and now my F750 running F770 firmware with out any problem so far but i don't know what is the good thing of using F770 firmware still have no idea. and yes like shunter 293 say after using the F770 firmware the camera slow down on mobile speed camera zoom from 5 to 3 it used to say 5 times in 2000 feet now 3 times much better.

The speed can now be displayed on the actual videos rather than having to use the program to see it
There is the super night vision mode which dramatically increases the light in parking mode
Timelapse parking mode, which now constantly records but only a few FPS, saves a substantial amount of storage and maintains the recording
Better speed camera support
More Future updates, unlike the support you will get on the F750!

yeah, I can confirm that as well, in fact many of the roads where it used to be going on all the time, it now doesn't say anything, but all real cameras and average speed cameras are working fine

The speed can now be displayed on the actual videos rather than having to use the program to see it
There is the super night vision mode which dramatically increases the light in parking mode
Timelapse parking mode, which now constantly records but only a few FPS, saves a substantial amount of storage and maintains the recording
Better speed camera support
More Future updates, unlike the support you will get on the F750!
I will test time lapse and super night vision when I got time thanks

Hi everybody. I have different question. if you change firmware from 750 to 770, what gonna happen if you need show video evidence in case of accident?

No one will ask you what brand or camera you took the video as long as the video show your car and other car that hit you, no thing have to do with your camera.

what's your concern exactly?
legal aspect of recording with f750 hardware and 770 firmware
No one will ask you what brand or camera you took the video as long as the video show your car and other car that hit you, no thing have to do with your camera.
that is what i thought, it is logical. I think it is good for police but it maybe not enough for lawyers. they can be very inquisitive.

legal aspect of recording with f750 hardware and 770 firmware

Even lawyers they will not ask for your camera as long as the video show the accident date time and location.

my camera has time delay on video (problem described in another topic) but video files are saved with actual and accurate time. that why i am looking for solution and had some questions.
You may have to set the time to match your cell phone while you on live view, I had to set mine - 4 hours to match mine phone try it.

nothing illegal with changing your firmware, as long as it has a time and date stamp the court will accept it

Hey Dee, I'd just like to say publicly what a great job you have done in proving that we can use the F770 FW on the F750. I have not done mine yet but will do so sometime in the near future, and this will be only because of the confidence you have given me. Thanks for the effort you have made and for your generosity in sharing the information.

No problem at all mate, hopefully there will be more things to come from this little adventure :)

Hey guys on F750 any idea on those 2 plugs on the side with the power and rear micro USB what are they why they are there for?

The top one is defunct, it should be a video out but there is no software support for it, the bottom one is a UC-E6, use for direct hardware access and diagnostics, , if we brick the device, getting that port connected up and functional is the first task to Unbrick the device

The top one is defunct, it should be a video out but there is no software support for it, the bottom one is a UC-E6, use for direct hardware access and diagnostics, , if we brick the device, getting that port connected up and functional is the first task to Unbrick the device
I wish I could use one of this port connecting to my DVD for display well hope in the future some one can do that then keep me update thanks for fast reply man.

i had opened mine a parts just want to share some photos so who interesting to know what is in size F750 nothings more.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 54
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 47
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 51
If you have it open can you do me a favour and take some high resolution macro shots of this port, ideally both sides of the PCB and if there is anything obviously connected to it, any ICs with clear traces going to it. there should be 8 pins on that port and I'm expecting 4 of them to be populated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 34
If you have it open can you do me a favour and take some high resolution macro shots of this port, ideally both sides of the PCB and if there is anything obviously connected to it, any ICs with clear traces going to it. there should be 8 pins on that port and I'm expecting 4 of them to be populated.
i had already put back together yesterday but sure i will open it again just to show you so maybe you can do something about it :D

Back