ThinkWare F750 install

It will be interesting to see if you are able to use the whole 128GB. A reply from Thinkware on their Facebook page stated that it would only utilize 64GB of the card.
Oh, that'd be a bummer. I'll let you know once I fill it up enough to find out.

It will be interesting to see if you are able to use the whole 128GB. A reply from Thinkware on their Facebook page stated that it would only utilize 64GB of the card.
That would be a real pain. Would be nice to know this before I buy one.

There isn't any reason is shouldn't work, if the camera supports the spec, then it supports the spec, it shouldn't pick and choose what elements of the spec they want to support. If it doesn't work then its not a physical problem, its a software one. Course the card isn't supported by them meaning any number of things might be wrong with the card but the device "should" be ok, still, interested to know how that pans out for you.

Hey, sorry for the delay, it's been a hectic few weeks. I popped the card in, formatted it in the dashcam, and it seems like it's working perfectly. I can't show any video examples yet though.

Any update on the memory card? Has the cam used the full 128GB allocation or is it restricted to 64GB?

Graham

Any update on the memory card? Has the cam used the full 128GB allocation or is it restricted to 64GB?

Graham
Update: I have 70.2GB used in the F750 main folder, and 69.8GB used in the cont_rec subfolder.

Finally got rid of my blackvue 550 dual (too many, mainly overheating related, problems),
and bough the F750 dual

Install was easy since the same as the BV, with the cables running under the door rubbers/trim

only difference is that my BV was hardwired in the trunk, but as the thinkware cable is pretty short,
I had to hook it up to the fusebox under the hood.

The cable is running from the under the hood, via the outside of the car (but under the body)
en enters on the drivers side (see pics).

To make the camera less visible I'm gonna change the grey 3m tape with black
and i will put black sticky foil on the front camera.

I also bought a black adhesive sun visor, but not sure if this will really hide the camera.
(I'll try it when i have some more time, as it seems a b*tch to install)

So far the camera works very well, but then again i only have been using it for a day...
It will be interesting to see how it holds up next summer!

I actually thought it would be bigger than it is, but it's not bad compared to
the BV (see pic)

A few questions/remarks:

- There's a light/soft static interference on the audio recordings (kinda like a mobile phone)
is this 'normal'?
- impossible to switch the led lights off? even in parking mode there are 2 blue lights....
- impossible to choose what kind of messages you want to hear; it's either on or off ?
- impossible to choose what kind of alarms you want to hear, or to switch off completely?
- why can't you switch of the parking timer? (+ the camera already has a function where
it switches off if voltage drops under a pre-defined level, so don't see the need for this timer?)
- they say you can upgrade the firmware via the iPhone app, but I'm unable to find this
function?
- manual states you can change resolution of cams, but no such function exists on my
phone nor pc software?

Cheers
Egon

Attachments

• IMG_5240.JPG
    IMG_5240.JPG
    678.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5242.JPG
    IMG_5242.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5243.JPG
    IMG_5243.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5244.JPG
    IMG_5244.JPG
    758.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5245.JPG
    IMG_5245.JPG
    694.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5246.JPG
    IMG_5246.JPG
    678.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Blacked out the front camera (see pics), next step is to remount with the black tape
and to put some tape on the rear camera's blue led light.
And maybe try to find a solution for the silver ring around the lens...

I really like the camera so far, it seems very "solid".
(But the real test will be the summer, as that's when the problems usually start)

as to my questions/remarks from my previous post, I can now reply as follows

- There's a light/soft static interference on the audio recordings (kinda like a mobile phone)
is this 'normal'? IT'S STILL THERE, BUT VERY SOFT, SO NO BIG DEAL

- impossible to switch the led lights off? even in parking mode there are 2 blue lights....
SOLVED THIS WITH THE STICKY TAPE

- impossible to choose what kind of messages you want to hear; it's either on or off ?
IN FACT IT ONLY TALKS WHEN STARTING UP OR GOING TO PARK MODE.
THIS IS GOOD AS IT TELLS YOU THE CAMERA WORKS PROPERLY.

- impossible to choose what kind of alarms you want to hear, or to switch off completely?
I SET EVENT DETECTION TO VERY LOW WHEN DRIVING SO IT HARDLY BEEPS AT ALL
HOWEVER I SWITCHED LANE+COLLISON DETECTION OFF COMPLETELY AS IT JUST
BEEPS TOO OFTEN

- why can't you switch of the parking timer? (+ the camera already has a function where
it switches off if voltage drops under a pre-defined level, so don't see the need for this timer?)
THIS IS QUITE ANNOYING. I PREFER THE CAMERA SWITCHES OFF AT A SET VOLTAGE
RATHER THAN A SET TIME. 48HRS IS NOT MUCH AT ALL...

- they say you can upgrade the firmware via the iPhone app, but I'm unable to find this
function? - STILL HAVEN'T FOUND IT???

- manual states you can change resolution of cams, but no such function exists on my
phone nor pc software? NO BIG DEAL AS I WANT IT ON HIGHEST RESOLUTION,
BUT STRANGE THEY MENTION THIS POSSIBILITY AS CAN NOT FIND IT

Settings:
-have set event detection at lowest while driving & highest for parking.
-motion detection in park is at lowest.
-camera brightness setting is at "normal" (it has only 3 settings; dark/normal/light. But dark's is too dark and light's too.. light.).

- the 128gb card works without problems, however it makes the pc software rather slow
(finding clips, loading gps data...)

- I like how it gives a report when it comes out of parking mode (number of motion & event detections)

- the record button is great to immediately save certain recordings. no need to dig through all the footage
afterwards.

pc software is ok but not great:
- no simple edits are possible (for instance saving only part of a clip)
-it's not possible to see all recordings in 1 list. each recording is grouped (event, manual, parking etc)
and u have to click on each separate group to see the footage.
- I can't get the map to work. it show the route the gps recorded, but the actual map is not there(?)
when I zoom in or out I can see it for a split second and then it's gone again... weird.

Attachments

• IMG_5267.JPG
    IMG_5267.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5268.JPG
    IMG_5268.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5269.JPG
    IMG_5269.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5308.JPG
    IMG_5308.JPG