Thinkware F770

IS this cam still picky on which Microsd card you use. Feel foolish paying $70 for a thinkware microsd card.

and dippy last but not least , i tried asking to buy a rear cam and asked about compatibility issues , it is confirmed that F750 rear camera CANNOT be used on the F770. you will have to purchase seperately .

thats bad news for F750 users . =(

Hmm this isn't the experience we had, perhaps older rear cameras didn't work?
With the rear camera we have in our office it worked with both F750 and F770
The model rear cam we have is the BCFH-150 that looks like this
l8755597.jpg

Does anyone even have a hint of a "maybe" "sort of" "around" release date as of yet?

What's the bitrate and size of the files for front and rear of the F770?

So as far as I can tell the F770 is basically the same as the 750 with some more "features" and a slightly refined look

So as far as I can tell the F770 is basically the same as the 750 with some more "features" and a slightly refined look
That's been my conclusion so far - the only real changes (i.e. "features") being the addition of Time lapse as an alternative in Parking Mode, and "Super Night Vision".

That's been my conclusion so far - the only real changes (i.e. "features") being the addition of Time lapse as an alternative in Parking Mode, and "Super Night Vision".

Yep it's not a huge change, super night vision is just for parking mode.
One nice update is that the GPS can stamp the speed in the video which F750 couldn't (didn't) do

Yep it's not a huge change, super night vision is just for parking mode.
One nice update is that the GPS can stamp the speed in the video which F750 couldn't (didn't) do
I think "wont do" is more appropriate. To be honest, not having it embedded in the video isn't such a bad thing, but I would have liked to have had the choice. One thing is for sure, I don't really have any desire to spend 250 quid on a Gimmick night vision when everything else is the exact same.

Its actually the most disappointing thing I have discovered about thinkware, their product is good, no doubt at all, but it has terrible after sales support and virtually no software update support at all. I would get more after sales care from a lower quality unbranded Chinese clone.

Really? Is there a technical reason why it is not enabled for continuous too?

As far as I know, it would cause overexposure from headlights that will blow out the video and make license plates quite hard to read at night.
Many cameras already have this problem at night where the plate of the car directly in front just appears as a white rectangle due to the cammer's headlights.

Thanks. But that suggests that parking mode with the night vision could then be ruined the same way?

So I misunderstood the explanation? The night vision is only overexposed by the host car's headlights and not other cars' headlights?
As you can see my understanding of video is not great :(

The night vision is only overexposed by the host car's headlights and not other cars' headlights?

yes it's the direct reflection of the cars headlights on the vehicle in front that is the challenge due to reflective license plates, anything off axis like cars in the next lane, lights from other vehicles are generally no problem at all

I have been using a mini 0803 for a couple of years. I just preordered the F770 (2-channel with a rear camera) from blackboxmycar.com. https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/thinkware-f770-dash-cam

$410 USD ($519.99 before currency conversion). with free shipping and it is supposed to come with a hardwiring kit for free for preorder. ETA is last week of June.

Last edited:
From what ive read I cant see any reason at all to upgrade from the F750 or similar, I think thinkware dropped the ball on this, if they wanted to make a great cam, they need to push that bar out further, a lot further, or give us trade in programs to get money back on our old devicses.

From what ive read I cant see any reason at all to upgrade from the F750 or similar, I think thinkware dropped the ball on this, if they wanted to make a great cam, they need to push that bar out further, a lot further, or give us trade in programs to get money back on our old devicses.

I don't really think there's a market for upgrades, if someone has a working F750 they're unlikely to change that

Indeed but only because the upgrade isn't worth it, if it was to say have built in remote tracking and dual 15Mbps cameras then it would be worth the upgrade. what would be interesting to know is if there is a market for second hand cameras in third world or developing countries. lets say your cameras get a significant upgrade and cost 200, give the user the ability to get 50 cash back if they send back their old unit, take those units and flog them off as b grade stock for 100, half the price of the new one, you make more money, the original user is happy they got a discount on an upgrade and the owner of the old one gets a cheap cam and none of It ends up on a scrap heap.

we do it all the time, even faulty stock is sold to folk who might make use of its parts

Dee, any suggestion on how they should push the bar out further? Trade in programs is a good idea. Is there a dash cam brand on the market that does trade-ins? Maybe I should check out their dash cams.

Back