THINKWARE Q1000 Live view - Is it reliable ?

dellboy001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone with a THINKWARE Q1000 been able to reliably connect via live view and see a live view of what the cameras are seeing.
I have had it working partially in the past but it went bad coincidentally with a firmware update and after months of support
My unit is being replaced. I just want to know if this feature works reliably for anyone with a Q1000 or at best with any of the THINKWARE dash cams. I’ve got a permanent hotspot in the car and an external battery so my expectation was that this feature would be simple.
I also have a Ring security camera at home and can live view to that without any reliability problems.
Maybe THINKWARE are using outdated technology?

Let’s see what my replacement unit achieves.

Well the replacement unit seems to have solved my issue. It was a strange fault that if i wasn't using live view would have gone unnoticed as everything else worked fine.
It took approximately a year to get to this point where the unit was exchanged as it never worked correctly from day one.
Which i had insisted it be swapped out earlier as it would have saved a lot of time and stress.
Fingers crossed no further problems.

Back