Thinkware U1000 microSD Card

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you buy your SD cards that are "shipped and sold by Amazon" or some other 3rd party sellers? I never buy any SD cards from 3rd party sellers because there are so many fake cards out there. The U1000 comes with a 32GB SD card. Can your U1000 format and use that 32GB card? If not, then your U1000 is defective and you should contact the seller.

jb.obsiana

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah the 32gb that came with the Dashcam works and same as my old Adata 64gb from my BlackVue DR650GW

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Country
United States
When you bought it, did it say "SHIP AND SOLD BY AMAZON"? I can see only 3rd party sellers on the Canadian Amazon site for this card. No ship and sold by Amazon option. Since the 32GB card works, your U1000 is fine. Either Thinkware have changed something to make the U1000 not compatible with your larger cards (I doubt it), or your cards are fake.

repcbar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just had my u1000 installed but according to the paperwork the largest micro SD card it can take is 128gb. I also used the SanDisk Extreme Pro. I also formatted my SD card initially (not sure it was needed).

Derekmillion

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware F770 F/R
I also have just purchased the U1000, to replace my F770. It hasn't arrived yet but my experience with the F770 is that 3rd party cards do work, but with a lot of trial and error...
For those of you with the U1000 who are using 256GB and higher cards, are you running the stock firmware? if not which firmware are you running?

@tekken I've had my F770 2CH since July 2017, currently running the latest firmware, using a 128GB Samsung Evo+ U1 card which I got a months later.
To be honest, I'm really impressed with the card, it's still working perfectly at this time, no video loss or degradation that i can see.. and it's not even high endurance
I also have a cellink battery for contentious recording so its been putting in work

TieNN89

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000, Blackvue DR900S-2CH
What card is everyone using and how many hours can you fit on that card?

Has anyone tried a 512gb card or 1tb?

nrvous1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven’t looked at how many hours of video my 400gb card can store, but I haven’t had a chance to format the partitions so currently, I’m using a trusty Samsung evo 128gb card. It’s hard to say how many video hours each card holds. It’s dependent on what codec and bitrate are used. It can range anywhere from 13 minutes to 4.5 hours in full 4K on a 128gb card. I’ve read that up to 40 hours of video in 1080p can be stored on a 400gb card, but I haven’t run across much in the 4K storage hours.

TieNN89

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
I haven’t looked at how many hours of video my 400gb card can store, but I haven’t had a chance to format the partitions so currently, I’m using a trusty Samsung evo 128gb card. It’s hard to say how many video hours each card holds. It’s dependent on what codec and bitrate are used. It can range anywhere from 13 minutes to 4.5 hours in full 4K on a 128gb card. I’ve read that up to 40 hours of video in 1080p can be stored on a 400gb card, but I haven’t run across much in the 4K storage hours.

4.5hrs probably sounds about right on a 128gb card, I only just got mine and the 32gb card only has roughly an hour of recording on it :eek:

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.

TieNN89

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
I've just put a Samsung Evo Plus 512GB Card into mine, straight of the pack and into the camera.
Started recording straight away, no issues.