Thinkware U1000 microSD Card

maldahleh

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000
I want to upgrade from the default microSD card that comes with the dashcam, does anyone have a reliable brand they use that has no problems recording the front at 4K and rear at 2K? I want to get a 128 GB card and while price isn't really a factor, I'm trying to avoid the 128GB card Thinkware sells since it seems to be priced very highly. Unless the Thinkware one is unique? Or is it just priced that way because it's Thinkware branded?

I've noticed some cards are marked high endurance, some are U1, some are U3, some are V30, some V60, there's also UHS-I and UHS-II. I'm not that familiar with microSD cards so I'm not sure what the best specs would be to get the most reliable card that is capable of handling 4k and 2k recording simultaneously.

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Thinkware U1000 and I am using Sandisk Endurance 256GB micro SD card. It works great. Here is a link to the micro SD card I am using: https://amzn.to/2JUz1Ug

nrvous1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m using a sandisk a1 400gb card without issue in my u1000.

Whiz In Ache

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi, has anyone used the Samsung Evo Select 512GB card with no issues? I'm using the 128GB SanDisk Endurance and looking to get a higher capacity card. Thanks.

nrvous1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, has anyone used the Samsung Evo Select 512GB card with no issues? I'm using the 128GB SanDisk Endurance and looking to get a higher capacity card. Thanks.
I’m going to wait for Black Friday deals on a 512 and possibly a 1tb card to test in the u1000.