Thinkware U1000 review

@ Thinkware Dash Cam - here is link to a earlier video saved with the Continuous Mode Incident Recording Sensitivity set to 'Lowest' + false trigger. The Parking Impact Sensitivity is set to 'Mid' which as I understand should have no effect while driving (?) - https://vimeo.com/user72698231/review/370064120/da273a2957

I do not get a false trigger on door closing as does David - mild speed humps taken at very low speeds are my issues...

This morning, I received a direct reply to my YouTube clip, from a fellow member (refer to the attached image).
Here, he states that the F800 also has an overt sensitivity problem, which in his case is when negotiating potholes or generally rough , or less than smooth Tarmac.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 22
Can someone please clarify the codec U1000 uses? Blackboxmycar says H.264 while the forum OP says H.265 ??

U1000 using H.265. No option to change it in the settings.

Here's my settings. Only will trigger when I go into potholes.

Screenshot_20191102-203716_THINKWARE CLOUD.jpg

Here's my settings. Only will trigger when I go into potholes.

If that is really the case Jeremy, I tip my hat off to you, as either your car has ultra-stiff suspension, or you must open and shut the doors and tailgate more gently than anyone ought to worry about. :D

I know that my Toyota Highlander/Kluger is prone to roll around a little when getting in – what with its weight and all. Compared to the F770, however, which itself was pretty damn sensitive, the U1000 is positively neurotic.
on that note, I really do hope that Thinkware will release a firmware update to solve the issue, because having to wipe false positives on a daily basis is becoming really very tedious.

If that is really the case Jeremy, I tip my hat off to you, as either your car has ultra-stiff suspension, or you must open and shut the doors and tailgate more gently than anyone ought to worry about. :D

I know that my Toyota Highlander/Kluger is prone to roll around a little when getting in – what with its weight and all. Compared to the F770, however, which itself was pretty damn sensitive, the U1000 is positively neurotic.
on that note, I really do hope that Thinkware will release a firmware update to solve the issue, because having to wipe false positives on a daily basis is becoming really very tedious.
I usually close my doors at about 6" open. I don't slam my doors even the trunk. Slamming the doors will trigger the Thinkware which I think the sensitivity is good for during parking mode.

I usually slow down when have speed bumps.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

is it better to use supernight vision in continuous recording? or keep it off and set it to parking mode only?

is it better to use supernight vision in continuous recording? or keep it off and set it to parking mode only?

I use it continously as now can see much clearly at night

hey jeremy, if you were to choose, u1000 or blackvue dr900s? I am kind of stuck on the fence between the two. Only will be using it when im driving and no parking mode.

hey jeremy, if you were to choose, u1000 or blackvue dr900s? I am kind of stuck on the fence between the two. Only will be using it when im driving and no parking mode.

Sad to say I can't get hold of the DR900S to test.

But I've heard there are some overheat issues with the DR900S in here.

Anyway, I'm more sticking to U1000 for Thinkware's parking mode, ADAS, Smart Camera alerts.

Is it possible to turn off wifi so that it's not trying to connect to phone every time you get into car?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sad to say I can't get hold of the DR900S to test.

But I've heard there are some overheat issues with the DR900S in here.

Anyway, I'm more sticking to U1000 for Thinkware's parking mode, ADAS, Smart Camera alerts.
I've had a 750s and a 900s since they were released and have never had any heat issues.
I live in the south in Alabama and it gets hot and humid here big time!

I've had a 750s and a 900s since they were released and have never had any heat issues.

i’ve had mine now for 19 months and I live in Florida without any heat issues. I do have the single channel only however.

Is it possible to turn off wifi so that it's not trying to connect to phone every time you get into car?
Thanks

If not mistaken, the wifi can't be turn off.

But if you set it up to connect to a wifi hotspot, it won't connect to the phone wifi hotspot if the hotspot is not turned on.

Here in Malaysia is also hot and humid all year round. It can go over 40°C (104°F) in the car.

Experienced once Viofo A129 Pro Duo shutdown due overheated while waiting parked more than 30 mins. Then moments later the U1000 shutdown also. If not mistaken outside temperature was around 39°C.

Hey Jeremy, I have one more question I hope you can answer.
Section 6.3.6 is the record timer feature.
Does this mean if you set it for 6 hours, it records a 6 hour video or that it records for 6 hours in parking mode and then turns off.kinda like using a Power Magic Pro where you can set the time that it runs in parking mode
Thanks for your input.

Below is recorded in H.265 2560x1440 60fps with an overall bit rate of 27.7 Mb/s for the front cam. Rear cam will be recorded in H.265 2560x1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 14.3 Mb/s. Without CPL filter and Super Night Vision 2.0 disabled.

Below is recorded in H.265 3840x2160 30fps with an overall bit rate of 27.7 Mb/s for the front cam. Rear cam will be recorded in H.265 2560x1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 14.3 Mb/s. Without CPL filter and Super Night Vision 2.0 enabled. Seems that only the front cam has the Super Night Vision 2.0.

Final thoughts
Could this be the new king of the beast from Korea? I certainly think so.

Loving the new remote Live View function from the Thinkware Cloud 2.0 Beta. This feature is coming to Q800 Pro in the next update.

The 4K image quality might not be one of the best but choosing Thinkware is more for their overall features than just image quality alone.

I missed the "Knight Rider" security LED from the F800 Pro & Q800 Pro.
Do you think super night vision helps to find out number plate at night?

Author's Note: The original review is found at jwtech, please head to the site to show us your support as well. Click here to view all my product reviews.

Thanks to Sicurez for letting me get the very first unit of Thinkware U1000 in Malaysia. The first 4K + 2K dual dashcam.

View attachment 48887

Thinkware product page: U1000
Sicurez Technologies product page: U1000

Technical Specs:
• Processor: Ambarella
• Sensor: Front: 8.42M Sony IMX 334 Exmor R Starvis; Rear: 5.14M Sony IMX335 Exmor R Starvis
• Viewing angle: Front: 150º; Rear: 156º Wide Viewing Angle
• 3-Axis Accelerometer G-Sensor (3D, ±3G)
• Resolution: Front: 4K UHD (3840x2160p) 30fps, 2K QHD (2560x1440p) 60fps; Rear: 2K QHD (2560x1440p) 30fps
• Support up to 128GB microSD card
• Built-in GPS
• Built-in 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi
• Built-in supercapacitor
• Safety Camera Alert
• Road Safety Warning System (LDWS, FCWS, uFCWS, FVDW)
• Time-lapse & motion detection parking mode
• Super Night Vision 2.0
• Energy Saving Parking Mode 2.0
• Advanced Video Clear Technology
• Geo-Fencing
• Locate Vehicle
• Driving Impact Notification
• Thinkware Cloud 2.0 Beta
• Radar module (optional)

The box
View attachment 48888 View attachment 48889 View attachment 48890 View attachment 48891 View attachment 48892

Open box
View attachment 48893 View attachment 48894 View attachment 48895

Contents
View attachment 48896
• U1000
• Tape mount
• Rear cam
• Rear cam cable
• 64GB Thinkware micro SDXC card
• USB micro SD card reader
• Hardwire kit
• Cable holder x3
• Spare mounting tape
• CPL filter
• Wiping cloth
• Using the CPL filter guide
• Quick start guide
• Customer service info
• Thinkware Cloud
Hi,
I hale this model, but mode super night vision doesn't work during the night when my automobile is parked. Why?

Hi,
I hale this model, but mode super night vision doesn't work during the night when my automobile is parked. Why?

Can check in the settings if the Super Night Vision is turn on?

Default it is on when in parking mode.

Back