Thinkware U3000

Links aren’t working on my side ?

That's strange. Still working here. Maybe try another browser or device?

Got it working, thanks!

Summary looks like:

4K UHD – 2K QHD 2-Channel | Super Night Vision 4.0 | Built-in Dual RADAR
Built-in Wi-Fi & Bluetooth | Smart Parking Mode | New ADAS | Energy Saving 2.0 | THINKWARE CONNECTED
Time Lapse | Safety Camera Alert | 152º-128º Wide Viewing Angle | Built-in GPS
Mobile APP (Android/iOS) | Windows/Mac Viewer

Greater the amount of data on the image displayed through the screen, the better the image quality.
The U3000 Provides a clearer screen by adjusting the number of bits per second of recorded images stored

*Standard Option - 24Mbps / High Option - 30Mbps

Sony STARVIS2 IMX678 will be applied to the Dashcam for the first ever
Optimized night vision technology allows capturing images in low-light conditions both continuous & parking recording.
Record the moment when maximize low light condition by SHCG (Super High Control Gain)

30Mbps bitrate seems a bit low comparing with A139 PRO spec.

If I am not mistaken, the Thinkware U1000 records using the h.265 codec, which leads me to believe that the U3000 will do this as well.

From what I've read, the Viofo A139 Pro records in h.264 only.

Hereafter, the U3000 could have both, smaller filesizes as well as better quality (as h.265 is the far more efficient codec).

Last edited:
I thought that but could mean more manageable file sizes than the VIOFO?
True, hopefully not with big quality difference...

Last edited:
When do we expect our wonderful resident testers (for whom we are infinitely grateful) to get their hands on test units of these? :)

In a Malaysian forum someone alleged a price of around 3,700 MYR which would equal 840 USD or 770 EUR. Quite hefty if this was true. Not sure if many would be willing to double the price of the (already not super cheap) U1000 for the updated sensor and the built in radar.

But let's wait and see...

Last edited:
770 euro for a dashcam... wow
as you say; that's almost double the U1000, which goes at 400 euros

A quick Google though shows the U1000 is at 2,699 MYR (559€) + 499 MYR (103€) for the Radar Module = 3,198 MYR (663€)

Fair to assume that dashcams are just more expensive in Malaysia, but even still, the U3000 looks like an uplift in price.

In a Malaysian forum someone alleged a price of around 3,700 MYR which would equal 840 USD or 770 EUR. Quite hefty if this was true. Not sure if many would be willing to double the price of the (already not super cheap) U1000 for the updated sensor and the built in radar.

But let's wait and see...

That's my price estimation in lowyat.net forum which is inclusive of taxes and installations

Thanks for the clarification, great to have the source of the information on board. ;)

Back