This seems like a really stupid question but...............

Antique Wheels

Reaction score
Country
United States
...........just purchased 2 SG9663DC's, went to set up the 1st one today and can't for the life of me figure out how to attach the camera (front or rear) to the mount.

There appears to be a clear slot for the male part of the mount to insert into the female part of the camera. The trouble is that the male portion on the mount seems to have extra material behind it that prohibits the male part from sliding in. I am afraid to cut or force it before checking in with you folks who live and breath this stuff and are probably getting quite a chuckle that I have been unable to figure this out;(

Thank You in advance, your assistance with this is appreciated! I'm sure it won't be the last time:)

Rotate the mount (or camera) 180 degrees and they should slide right into place.

Rotate the mount (or camera) 180 degrees and they should slide right into place.

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. I took a fresh look at it this morning, turns out I had it facing the correct direction but with the EVA Foam installed I had to apply VERY significant pressure in order to get the mount to slide into place. Had I test fitted it prior to the installation of the foam I guess it would have been more obvious. I have a tendency to damage things by over forcing/tightening so wanted to make sure there wasn't something obvious I was missing before I split this thing like a piece of firewood;)

Good thing I suppose as there is zero possibility of any shake due to a gap between the mount and the camera!

In most cases in the beginning no need to use an EVA foam pad (vehicle specific). Only later on when you see the fitment between mount and dashcam getting lose then EVA foam pad is there to help you out.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Back