Thoughts on SanDisk Ultra?

Spoke at length to Sandisk support, they said that the Ultra card is not covered under warranty if used in a Dashcam. Said that only their high-performance model is approved. I'm going to return the cam. I purchased it because it was bundled with a card. Expected a card approved for dash cams and according to Sandisk, this one is not.

there no card approval, just what is covered by warranty or not by the manufacturer if you are dealing with them directly, if a camera and card is purchased from us we cover the warranty on the card, always have done, it's feasible for us to do that as card failures rarely happen anyway when using good quality cards

It seems almost every manufacturer of SD cards has reduced prices lately except Transcend, their High Endurance cards are still high priced. Do they know something no one else knows or has greed so stuck in their minds that they are reluctant to let go ?
we were using Transcend cards for about two years and the more we ordered the more the price went up, against the price trend that was happening in the market also which was even more annoying, I would say greed plays a part in their pricing structure, SanDisk came to us with a better offer and have been very good to us

Spoke at length to Sandisk support, they said that the Ultra card is not covered under warranty if used in a Dashcam. Said that only their high-performance model is approved. I'm going to return the cam. I purchased it because it was bundled with a card. Expected a card approved for dash cams and according to Sandisk, this one is not.

Not to worry, we warranty all bundled memory cards with our dashcam products. You would only need to contact us for any support needs. The new Sandisk Ultra A1 cards have updated specs use a new controller and are very stable. We haven't had any issues at all with them actually.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/need-help-deciding-on-microsd-card.34206/#post-404894

Not to worry, we warranty all bundled memory cards with our dashcam products. You would only need to contact us for any support needs. The new Sandisk Ultra A1 cards have updated specs use a new controller and are very stable. We haven't had any issues at all with them actually.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/need-help-deciding-on-microsd-card.34206/#post-404894
I'm using the SanDisk a1 400gb card without issue in my sg9663dc.

Back