Transcend DrivePro 200 Wi-Fi FullHD Dash Camera ( Drive Pro )

Niko , I am an all-time undecided ! Since you have posted this dashcam , I think it fullfills all my requirements ! Finally ! I think this dashcam deserves all the atention , despite of form factor and silver ring.... Can you confirm if the day video quality is at least comparable with the other NTK96650 that you have appreciated ? Is night video comparable with Mobius B or 0803 ? I am not patient enough to wait for your ( comparative ) videos . If your answers are affirmative , this dashcam will be mine . Thank you

Niko , I am an all-time undecided ! Since you have posted this dashcam , I think it fullfills all my requirements ! Finally ! I think this dashcam deserves all the atention , despite of form factor and silver ring.... Can you confirm if the day video quality is at least comparable with the other NTK96650 that you have appreciated ? Is night video comparable with Mobius B or 0803 ? I am not patient enough to wait for your ( comparative ) videos . If your answers are affirmative , this dashcam will be mine . Thank you

Yes, it truly a great dashcam ( except form-factor ), but as I mentioned earlier, with some DIY ( paint silver ring ) and using more practical brackets from other compatible dashcams, - will make more difference.
I can say that at night it beats Mobius, 0803 and in some cases even Panorama. At day time colours a a little bit dull, Mobius and 0803 is a little bit better, but Panorama beats DrivePro at day. Price per value / performance is one of the best I ever had to experience. Also you can add a CPL filter if using a step-down adapter. Having wifi, automatic online update, supercaps, etc. - I don't know any other 100€ quality brand dashcams that could beat DriPro.
I have made few month ago side by side comparison with Panorama. Still had no time to process all data. I try to do today-tomorrow one night video comparison overview and then share. Day time will do later. Stay tuned.

Thank you,Niko.What about day video sharpness ? Picture details ? Are there comparable ?

Yes, it truly a great dashcam ( except form-factor ), but as I mentioned earlier, with some DIY ( paint silver ring ) and using more practical brackets from other compatible dashcams, - will make more difference.
I wish I'd known about the mount at the time as that was the main reason I had to return it as it shook so much when my suspension was set to Sport mode! Saying that I've now had loads of different ones and started to understand the good and bad about these things. I have enjoyed the journey so far though :)

Niko in your opinion what is the best LSxxx compatible sticky mount please?

I was looking at getting a dash cam for the father in law so maybe I'll re-evaluate this one (nearly gave him the last one). What chipset is it btw? 96655? Is the CMOS the AR0330 or different as looking at my old clips they had less noise at night but a constant flickering instead?

Last edited:
Just noticed they have firmware 1.20 on the site now and it says it has further image quality improvements over 1.19!

I wish I'd known about the mount at the time as that was the main reason I had to return it as it shook so much when my suspension was set to Sport mode! Saying that I've now had loads of different ones and started to understand the good and bad about these things. I have enjoyed the journey so far though :)

Niko in your opinion what is the best LSxxx compatible sticky mount please?

I was looking at getting a dash cam for the father in law so maybe I'll re-evaluate this one (nearly gave him the last one). What chipset is it btw? 96655? Is the CMOS the AR0330 or different as looking at my old clips they had less noise at night but a constant flickering instead?

Dont know yet about CPU. havnt got hands on internals yet ( lack of time ).

You may check compatible alternative bracket / mounts from HERE

Sticky 3M mount with shorter arm is HERE

Just noticed they have firmware 1.20 on the site now and it says it has further image quality improvements over 1.19!

yes, they do have new FW and probably a better video Q. Dont know, so can not judge, never tried it due to lack of time.

Just had a dig through the firmware and it looks like it's the Aptina AR0330 sensor in there - can't find anything about the CPU though!

There are lots of Broadcom references in terms of Wifi - nothing Ambarella, Novatek, Texas or Coach related in there though.

Some references to Garmin in there too - not sure if this is similar to the GDR35 or 43?

Last edited:
Hi all.. New to the site with a quick question for Niko, or anyone who can help..

I have bought this Dash cam and though happy with the video quality I am a little worried about the size of the unit and visibility from outside the car... I knew it was on the larger side but hoped I would be able to find a way of making it less obvious from outside but it is clearly noticeable....

Does everyone leave this in their car all the time? Only thats what I was hoping to do with this one but the fact that it is so obvious makes me nervous.....

Cheers for any help...

Hi all.. New to the site with a quick question for Niko, or anyone who can help..

I have bought this Dash cam and though happy with the video quality I am a little worried about the size of the unit and visibility from outside the car... I knew it was on the larger side but hoped I would be able to find a way of making it less obvious from outside but it is clearly noticeable....

Does everyone leave this in their car all the time? Only thats what I was hoping to do with this one but the fact that it is so obvious makes me nervous.....

Cheers for any help...
For myself I modify or do DIY 9/10 for all dashcam brackets / mounts for stealth install and quick mount-dismount. If you have time and skills, you can do the same.

For myself I modify or do DIY 9/10 for all dashcam brackets / mounts for stealth install and quick mount-dismount. If you have time and skills, you can do the same.

Hi... I did buy a suction cup mount with a small arm length but am still slightly concerned about leaving it in the car overnight.

I have the Golf MK7 which has a sensor in the back of the rearview mirror making it nigh on impossible to hide the cam directly behind the mirror without interfering with the sensor making it Really visible from the outside of the vehicle.... Unfortunately its looking like I may have to try and get a smaller, more discreet cam that can be permanently left in place only removing it constantly is not what I had in mind for dash cam...

Hi... I did buy a suction cup mount with a small arm length but am still slightly concerned about leaving it in the car overnight.

I have the Golf MK7 which has a sensor in the back of the rearview mirror making it nigh on impossible to hide the cam directly behind the mirror without interfering with the sensor making it Really visible from the outside of the vehicle.... Unfortunately its looking like I may have to try and get a smaller, more discreet cam that can be permanently left in place only removing it constantly is not what I had in mind for dash cam...
You need to mount on the other side of RVmirror, but not with existing replacement mounts. U need to do a new DIY mount from A to Z.
Check DIY projects sub-forum, U find a lot of my projects and get some ideas / solutions that can be applied on DrivePro.

Tha
You need to mount on the other side of RVmirror, but not with existing replacement mounts. U need to do a new DIY mount from A to Z.
Check DIY projects sub-forum, U find a lot of my projects and get some ideas / solutions that can be applied on DrivePro.

Thanks will have a look.....

One more question about DP200 , how is the sound recorded ( how is its microphone quality relative to Mobius for example , which I have )

They were videos from mine - turns out I could have reduced the vibration by buying a different mount - if I'd have known better then maybe I'd not have bought any more dash cams but I'm enjoying the ride :)

Hi all,

Still happy after having this dashcam a few months.
One thing that is bugging me is that I cant get a 64gb card to work in it.
Anyone out there who has tips?

Back