Transcend DrivePro 200 Wi-Fi FullHD Dash Camera ( Drive Pro )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
1.jpg

Below is direct Google translation from Navinside announcement

Transcend multimedia company specialized equipment and storage media ( http://kr.transcend-info.com/index.asp ) and the circumstances surrounding the accident scene while driving a full-featured real-time recording Car Black Box 'Drive Pro 200 (Drive Pro 200), "was released. 'Drive Pro 200' is attached to the windshield inside the vehicle can be used with high-definition cameras and full HD video recording is possible. Accidents or events can also occur while driving video over wireless connectivity with smartphones and convenient transfer to the insurance company or police and may be presented as evidence. "This product launch is focused on driving than drivers were safe and relaxing service and want you to help me do. "Transcend Vincent Fang, director of Research and Development," The motivation for the development of product service history is recorded securely store, share, and enabling the driver to concentrate on driving more safely and comfortably to help It is to give, "he said-market a comment. supports full HD 1080p resolution and enhanced night shooting Drive Pro 200 is a 160-degree wide-angle mode, 1920x1080p (30fps) resolution, f/2.0 aperture, because it supports a wide dark For the car's license plate at night to capture the scene, including beneficial detail. In particular, the lens is in Chapter 7, a more accurate and detailed structure can be taken. The LCD screen is 2.4 inches of travel already recorded video images, and is useful when you want to. If necessary, the built-in microphone is also a voice recording is also possible. 16GB Micro SD (MLC) Transcend Micro SD 16GB in the base package components are made of high-reliability MLC products further enhances the stability of the recording. Installation is also very simple. Attached to the front windshield glass Connect the power cord to the cigarette lighter is simply aStart to multiply thereafter inserted in the socket is automatically Transcend micro SD video is recorded, starts to be stored. When you enable continuous recording, the memory card is fully populated, overwriting the old net proceeds sequentially. Continue recording without erasing the previous image to a black box Transcend dedicated for the purchase of an additional memory card.

Features:

- Smooth, Detailed recording @ 30fps Full HD 1080P Resolution
- Bright 2.4-inch color LCD screen
- 160 degree Wide angle glass lens
- F/2.0 aperture for Improved low-light performance
- Bundled 16GB microSD memory Card
- Wi-Fi function Lets you DrivePro operate the 200 on your Mobile device
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Connector for Easy Connectivity and fast file Transfers computer
- Stream videos on a TV screen Via VIDEO OUT port
- Records videos in. MOV file Format
- Built-in microphone
- Built- in speaker
- Supports 13 languages
- Two-year Limited Warranty (Includes DrivePro 200 memory and microSD Card) ** Please here for More information About Access Transcend Warranty Policy. Safety Precautions - For your Own Safety, do Not use or operate the DrivePro 200 Driving while the App. - Never Place the DrivePro 200 WHERE the Driver's View is obstructed or deployment of airbags. - DrivePro 200 within the range of the Mount Windshield wipers to Ensure Clear Visibility in Rain.

Specifications:

Sixty-seven millimeters × 72 millimeters × 34.3 millimeters Dimensions
Weight eighty-four grams
Display Type and Size 2.4 "color LCD
Image sensor CMOS Low-light Sensitivity, 3 Mega-Inches
F/2.0 Lens, 160 ° Wide angle
3-axis G-Sensor
Built-in Microphone
Speaker Built -in
Resolution / Frame rate Full HD (1920x1080) 30FPS
HD (1280x720) 30FPS
Video Formats. MOV (H.264 Compression Format)
Support MicroSD MicroSD, 8GB/16GB/32GB (Class 6 or above)
Connection Interface USB 2.0
Network Interface Wi -Fi 802.11b/g/n
Wi-Fi WPA2 Encryption
Power Supply Input: DC 12V ~ 24V
Output: DV 5V one amps
Operating temperature 0 ° C (32 ° F) ~ 65 ° C (148 ° F)
Certificates CE, FCC, BSMI
Note On some Cars, Lighter Socket Continues to Provide the power is switched off after the Engine. If this happens, unplug the DrivePro 200 Idling When the Engine is off or power consumption to Reduce and Prevent any unexpected problems UNNECESSARY.

Form factor looks like the MiVue. Also, doesn't Transccend make memory cards?

My bet is Mivue. They are big corporation and as we know they also do firmware for Blackvue. So probably Transcend ordered whole package from them, but its just my assumptions.

Nither the HP F200 or Miveu come with wifi. Mine came in this week and I love browsing threu the files or watching the livestream from home. The App works great on my Ipad. Great vid quality day and night.

+ Cool App to manager devies and files.
+ Grate vid quality
- no motion detect
- no batery
- Wifi connection drops after aprox 1 hour. (Any tips on how to repair this are welkome)

Nither the HP F200 or Miveu come with wifi. Mine came in this week and I love browsing threu the files or watching the livestream from home. The App works great on my Ipad. Great vid quality day and night.

+ Cool App to manager devies and files.
+ Grate vid quality
- no motion detect
- no batery
- Wifi connection drops after aprox 1 hour. (Any tips on how to repair this are welkome)

You have a point @ WiFi.
If you have time, could you please share original videos from day, night, pitch dark.

It looks like 720p video, but that might be because of Vimeo. Can you upload the raw video?

Here is a daytime vid. Original? Not sure how vimeo compresses this.
https://vimeo.com/87410402
Ill try to post night and pitch dark vid later.

Thanks. Meant to upload to some file sharing website so we can download original file. My favourite one is mega.co.nz, Try it, - you will like it ;)

It looks like 720p video, but that might be because of Vimeo. Can you upload the raw video?

I also used word "raw" as per original file meaning, but I have been corrected here on forum that "raw" word is not correct :)

I'm a dozy old fart & even I understand that 'raw' files are the original straight from your camera.
BTW, the lens on this cam - why has it got such an enormous housing? I've noticed this on a lot of cameras, the actual lens measures 5mm but the housing measures 5cm

Hmm. Apple does not let me. Will have to do this oldschool i.e get the sd card from my car and it's cold outside ;)
File is 30 frames per second and 560mb for 5 minutes. Apple reeds it als full HD. Quality is beter than my full HD handy cam. On the lens, its bigger than my other dashcams. Box claims it's setup holds 7 lenses (not sure wats normal)

I'm a dozy old fart & even I understand that 'raw' files are the original straight from your camera.
BTW, the lens on this cam - why has it got such an enormous housing? I've noticed this on a lot of cameras, the actual lens measures 5mm but the housing measures 5cm

Same with me @ understanding of using in common language word "raw" file = original, but you may read those posts: Post #117, Post #122,

English is not my native language, so I am confused what words to use here on forum: "raw" or "original" ? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm originally from Halifax, west Yorkshire - so I guess you could say that English isn't my native language either :-D

For me (in MURICAAAA), raw means untouched. Original means the first one, so I guess you can use them interchangeably.

For me (in MURICAAAA), raw means untouched. Original means the first one, so I guess you can use them interchangeably.

OK, I guess I go back to using word "raw", because by using word "original" - maybe sometime it will confuse people. Thanks for explaining.

When i see RAW i instantly think of Eddie Murphy :D

These cams are for sale here in DK too

Here my night vid. (Not Raw)

Here my night vid. (Not Raw)

Looks OK on video, but raw file would tell more. Especially if you would get a change to drive in the traffic in the middle lane, so could see how it reads number plates from all lanes.

This is Auto Express's latest best buy:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/85714/car-camera-reviews-2014-dash-cam-test

It doesn't have GPS - which, given why users tends to have these devices - for protection purposes - seems an omission. So far - I've had mine a week - it seems fine. It did need a firmware update, which was on the manufacturer website, and which I found a bit of a rigmarole to upload to the device. As others have observed, these devices too often seem to be shipped with inadequately-tested software. Transcend's been good as responding to my enquiries - but you'd rather problems be preempted with decent software! I do think their instruction manual is poor, lacking comprehensiveness and comprehensibility: there should be no assumption that the user is a 'techie', and, importantly, manuals need to be written by people with a good command of English and tested on people who have no more than modest IT-savviness.

As a one-way camera, I'd like something for the rear, and which has GPS, so I'm now looking for a decent, cheap camera for that purpose...

Back