Transfluent U23 - Lightbulb mounted wifi camera - great for CCTV

hehe that window would not be the one to enter via as a unwanted "guest" :D

I think the FOV is less than 120 deg,,,,, link in #1 to seller say 120 deg so good guess on my part :) if you need more i see no reason as to why you couldent upgrade the lens to another wider megapixel lens.
Thanks !

To be honest I'm not actually sure about the FoV - it didn't end up fitting in my outside light housing so I'll have a think of ways I can test that - it may be I can hook it up to a USB power bank and see how that goes.

As for the lens you may have to be careful if you go changing it as the IR add on fits around the lens - so if you can and use a new lens with a larger profile you wouldn't be able to use the IR addon.

We're actually going to stock this we think. We've been testing it and the quality is fantastic. Genuinely fantastic.

To be honest I'm not actually sure about the FoV - it didn't end up fitting in my outside light housing so I'll have a think of ways I can test that - it may be I can hook it up to a USB power bank and see how that goes.

As for the lens you may have to be careful if you go changing it as the IR add on fits around the lens - so if you can and use a new lens with a larger profile you wouldn't be able to use the IR addon.
Thanks for the information. No need to do anything different for me, this information is what I was looking for :) When I get my cam I will snap some pictures for you. I have a couple of ideas for installation that might work.

It's been rock solid - I can't really say a bad thing about it as it runs 24/7 and hasn't complained once since the day I unpacked it. It's a niche product for sure but works great at what it does and in all fairness is very flexible the way you can use USB power, bulb socket power and have IR or no IR.

I'm in the middle of swapping phones and need to get hold of a nano SIM so I can activate my swapped iPhone as I can't remember the password to access the camera (what an error).

Basically I tried to connect a new Android app to it but it needs the password - my fault and I forgot to pick one up today (the case I put on my new S6 has it in that tight I nearly took an entire nail off trying to take the case back off!!)

I need to try it powered off USB to see how that goes sat in the kitchen window next to the Yi so for that I need to remove the IR filter too as it will be facing glass.

OK so something I'd not noticed before is that when you have a microSD card inserted in this you have an inbuilt webserver that lets you access the files on the memory card - by default you see the following:

upload_2015-8-17_22-36-23.png

The vrecord folder lets you access all of the files in the root of the memory card:

upload_2015-8-17_22-38-28.png

The transfer speed this way is between 2-3Mbps but this may vary depending on location etc. I need to try a new router with more powerful 2.4Ghz wifi as mine is pretty old now.

upload_2015-8-17_22-38-13.png

I've now taken the IR lights off the camera so you can see what it's like in pure darkness and I'm just pulling the files off the camera now.

Actually it looks like the camera is capable of more speed but the webserver is just slow - the first part of this picture is downloading 1 video, then 2 and then 4 and you can see bandwidth usage increase each time.

upload_2015-8-17_22-43-40.png

An example night video is here - I had to run it through PowerDirector as I'd been using the camera upside down for weeks and for this test I removed it from the lightbulb holder and it's just sat on a window ledge looking out.

And the raw versions here:

https://mega.nz/#!9BgnzSAS!K5I8RkrHdUMhaHsHc7U7wymXY59I0ZFPDsSiD945qK8
https://mega.nz/#!BYh0BALA!_Ajt3OR-kKR9b6FAUpNLIs-7EFU-Q__JG7iYRA1rGow

I'm in on the Android app - I'd not changed the password from the default but the Android app doesn't seem to have the default password embedded (tf1234).

Great work! That night video will work great for me. With that kind of clarity where it will be going it will be perfect. That is an added bonus being able to access those files via wifi. I will be putting this on its own router which gets a very strong signal. Thanks for all of your work.

How are you going to mount it mate?

The Android app is absolutely identical to the iPhone version from what I can see so you can access either all clips, motion clips or just screenshots straight from the app.

Screenshot_2015-08-17-23-41-58.png

I've only just turned on motion mode tonight but it does look like the camera still records constantly so I'll see what appears in the motion area of the app tomorrow :)

I have a Tiffany style outdoor lamp shade that hangs from the ceiling of my porch. It flares outward at the top, so there is an area at the top just below the ceiling that provides 360 degree viewing and cannot be seen without getting on a ladder. Now, with some minor changes to that area of the ceiling to accommodate the camera I can mount it there because I already have power at that location. Outward from that area is the pool, so the camera will have a completely unrestricted view. I hope it works well with the Iphone as that is all I have.

It should be fine as I was using this with the iPhone for the first few weeks with no issue :)

Here's a daytime picture from the camera much closer to the window - it's got a very wide field of view to be honest from what I can see.

vlcsnap-2015-08-18-08h10m44s49.png

It should be fine as I was using this with the iPhone for the first few weeks with no issue :)

Here's a daytime picture from the camera much closer to the window - it's got a very wide field of view to be honest from what I can see.

View attachment 16143
That is going to work for me. Glad to hear that about the IPhone thanks. And, thanks for those pictures and videos.

Back