Trying to get to a final conclusion, but still undecided.

so, for the new single channel, are there any big improvements vs current models? I might take that into account before pulling the trigger...
If @kamkar1 is talking about what I think he's talking about, it's an entry level camera, that so far we know nothing about, but that @jokiin said is to be released very soon.

yeah.

SG will introduce new sensors in some cameras this year, but what sensors in what models i don't know.
The new sensors should 1 up night performance of current good night performers, so looking forward to see that.

I think what SG call entry level camera will still be quite good, i mean the cameras they have now is not exactly poor performers.
And i am not sure they will make something worse than their current portfolio, then again what do i know, i have barely been able to manage my own money my whole life, so business planning and operation is not my strong side.

But i think if i was you i would just get something cheap to tie me over for the rest of the year, and then maybe relocate it to the rear or a side, depending on what you go for later on.
Im still pretty happy about my mobius, no way in hell would i be without it, and i think it will be found in my car for a long time to come.

If @kamkar1 is talking about what I think he's talking about, it's an entry level camera, that so far we know nothing about, but that @jokiin said is to be released very soon.

yes I have an entry level single camera model that will be released soon, different to what he's looking for

all the other models coming, single or dual, are all higher spec than any current model we do, later in the year for those

Still looking forward to see what SG call entry level in the year 2016.

Done some speculating on the matter, so will be interesting to see if my brainstorms have hit something or if its just a fart in a bathtub.

SG will introduce new sensors in some cameras this year, but what sensors in what models i don't know.
The new sensors should 1 up night performance of current good night performers, so looking forward to see that.

IMX322 will still be used in some product, IMX291 will be used on some, we're looking at some others right now also that we might use in some upcoming product for some specific advantages they offer

Still looking forward to see what SG call entry level in the year 2016.

no it is an entry level product, just something that was requested by retailers for price sensitive buyers that just want something basic but reliable, smaller and cheaper than the previous options we had for them, capacitors, 12v power, easy to move from car to car etc

Only you will know what have found support in the chipsets, to me there is wayyyyy too many interesting sensors alone, and i cant even begin to think about what there is of chipsets to consider and what they can do for us.

But i assume you will not be using 5 different chipsets in the portfolio of cameras, that would just complicate matters i think.

Only you will know what have found support in the chipsets, to me there is wayyyyy too many interesting sensors alone, and i cant even begin to think about what there is of chipsets to consider and what they can do for us.

But i assume you will not be using 5 different chipsets in the portfolio of cameras, that would just complicate matters i think.

Novatek will still be the bulk of what we do right now, we are looking at HiSilicon and also another new chipset, for those it's all about the SDK, needs to be able to deliver what we need if we are to consider branching out, there are some different functionality possibilities on some of the other platforms

no it is an entry level product, just something that was requested by retailers for price sensitive buyers that just want something basic but reliable, smaller and cheaper than the previous options we had for them, capacitors, 12v power, easy to move from car to car etc

So it will be something similar with SGZC12RC, but with a lower quality sensors and less functional attributes (i.e. G sensor, buffering ,etc.)?

So it will be something similar with SGZC12RC, but with a lower quality sensors and less functional attributes (i.e. G sensor, buffering ,etc.)?

no, not like the SGZC12RC at all, the entry level model is not a remote camera product

I have both the SGZC12RC and the SG9665GC. They each had a certain feature I wanted. The 12RC's camera is tiny, and has parkingmode, just what I wanted for the front of my car, while the 9665GC has gps/speed, a feature I also wanted. The 9665GC is much smaller than I anticipated but it also mounts right to the glass, which would have messed with my rearviews light sensor, so it's my rear facing camera. Also the gps unit tucks away nicely in my car and still functions 100%. The 12RC is mounted on the back of my rearview, offset so as not to cover the light sensor and it's so small you can't even see it.

If you don't care about gps but want parking mode, I'd have to say go with the SGZC12RC. You won't be disappointed, it's a great, reliable camera.

I have both the SGZC12RC and the SG9665GC. They each had a certain feature I wanted. The 12RC's camera is tiny, and has parkingmode, just what I wanted for the front of my car, while the 9665GC has gps/speed, a feature I also wanted. The 9665GC is much smaller than I anticipated but it also mounts right to the glass, which would have messed with my rearviews light sensor, so it's my rear facing camera. Also the gps unit tucks away nicely in my car and still functions 100%. The 12RC is mounted on the back of my rearview, offset so as not to cover the light sensor and it's so small you can't even see it.

If you don't care about gps but want parking mode, I'd have to say go with the SGZC12RC. You won't be disappointed, it's a great, reliable camera.

Thanks for sharing your 1st hand experience about them. Yeah , I get it now , there is no model perfectly suited for my needs and my budget. It took me a while to accept this reality as it seemed like there is an "abundance" of models and brands which generated this thought in my mind that I may actually be able to find the "right" match. Step by step SGZC12RC gets more credit in my books and it may actually become the only real contender for now.Thanks again.

Hi, i am looking for something like that. Do you have a authorized dealer or distributor in the Philippines? If so, please give contact details as I am interested.

yeah.

I think what SG call entry level camera will still be quite good, i mean the cameras they have now is not exactly poor performers.
And i am not sure they will make something worse than their current portfolio, then again what do i know, i have barely been able to manage my own money my whole life, so business planning and operation is not my strong side.

But i think if i was you i would just get something cheap to tie me over for the rest of the year, and then maybe relocate it to the rear or a side, depending on what you go for later on.
Im still pretty happy about my mobius, no way in hell would i be without it, and i think it will be found in my car for a long time to come.

Back