Turn off the G sensor or just turn down the settings

Your g-sensor setting?

• Total voters

Graeme

Reaction score
Country
United States
After driving with the Livue LB-100 for a while, it seems like every bump in the road triggers an 'event' where the dashcam locks that video and records it in a special folder. Do most people turn that setting down in the config so it doesn't trigger as much, or do you just turn off the G sensor?

After driving with the Livue LB-100 for a while, it seems like every bump in the road triggers an 'event' where the dashcam locks that video and records it in a special folder. Do most people turn that setting down in the config so it doesn't trigger as much, or do you just turn off the G sensor?

I set mine on the least sensitive but I just like the feature....but really it will record anyway without them. Mine still trigger on some sharp turns, bumps etc...but the other part I like is those files stay on the card much longer

When i tried to use G-sensor i had to enter custom values for it to my Lukas dashcam as even its most unsensitive setting was triggering all the time, even my driving triggered it.
In the end i said WTF i record all the time anyway so i disabled G-sensor, and i am sure of there is a event i will be able to tell when.
But i would like in the future to use G-sensor for parking mode as i feel there motion detect is making too many false recordings, but i could make do with a strong gust of wind or a semi or bus passing close by would trigger the G-sensor and make a false recording.

I would also like audio trigger for parking mode in future cameras, like the glass break feature there is in some car alarms.

Since it only works well on a small minority of cameras (in the vast majority it's just rubbish), my advice is to leave it off.

When i tried to use G-sensor i had to enter custom values for it to my Lukas dashcam as even its most unsensitive setting was triggering all the time, even my driving triggered it.
In the end i said WTF i record all the time anyway so i disabled G-sensor, and i am sure of there is a event i will be able to tell when.
But i would like in the future to use G-sensor for parking mode as i feel there motion detect is making too many false recordings, but i could make do with a strong gust of wind or a semi or bus passing close by would trigger the G-sensor and make a false recording.

I would also like audio trigger for parking mode in future cameras, like the glass break feature there is in some car alarms.

I was going to do custom numbers but had no idea what to put. Do you remember what you put and why?

No i just used the lukas viewer to see what values i got for the 3 axis in old footage and then i entered new numbers a little higher than that, had to fine tweak some of the axis a few times but in the end i was able to take a 40 minute drive and only have 1 or 2 G-sensor events.

Using lukas viewer you can see in the graphs below the video window what kind of numbers the different axis get when you drive, then you just have to enter custom values based on what you see in old recordings.

Do note the lukas have values for both driving and for parking, the parking ones you off course want to be on a hair trigger, the driving values is the one causing me problems, dunno about parking as i never used aside for a few days where i tested mainly how motion detect worked in low light.

Last edited:
See this post for a reason to keep the G sensor turned on.

Back