Viofo app won't connect without mobile data turned off

Dasher286

Reaction score
Country
United States
Am I the only person who has to turn off the mobile data on my phone before the Viofo app will connect to the dashcam? I have an A129 Pro Duo. Is this an A129 problem or does it affect the A229 Pro as well? If this is a known issue across the board, why would mobile data be a problem?

I did that long ago and never turned it back on, but it would be pretty easy to test.

I'm not totally sure exactly how you're doing it, but instead of turning mobile data off on your phone altogether, you can do it for just the Viofo app. This way you can keep using data on your phone even when using the app.

On iOS it's in Settings, scroll alllll the way to the bottom and select Viofo, then turn off Cellular Data.

I haven't had a problem of the app connecting to the iPhone.

It's a known and reported oddity with LTE (4G/5G) enabled it's not possible to see the live stream from camera to iPhone.

If you want to play back the video on an iPhone you need to enable LTE (4G) so it can show gps information in real video time.

Oddly the app never had this problem until one of the app updates broke it around the time the T130 was released i think.

Last edited:
I did that long ago and never turned it back on, but it would be pretty easy to test.

I'm not totally sure exactly how you're doing it, but instead of turning mobile data off on your phone altogether, you can do it for just the Viofo app. This way you can keep using data on your phone even when using the app.

On iOS it's in Settings, scroll alllll the way to the bottom and select Viofo, then turn off Cellular Data.
My S23 has an "Allowed Networks for Apps" setting where something like that can be done. The internet says you can select wifi only, data only, or both for individual apps. But for some reason mine only gives me the data only and both options. So I turned the background data usage off for Viofo instead. That allows me to connect to the camera without turning off mobile data for the whole phone. BUT I still can't connect to my mobile network while connected to the phone.

Back