Two New Mobius Lenses Coming Soon.

the weather doesn't look very inviting right now

It's been very sucky. We've been in a weird, weird weather cycle for January. It snows, then it gets bitter, bitter cold. Then it warms up and we get rain, sometimes heavy rain. Then it gets bitter cold again and everything turns to ice. Then it snows and the cycle repeats. This morning it was 1 below zeroº F with snow. By the end of day tomorrow it will be raining and around 40º Fahrenheit. It is supposed to continue raining or drizzling maybe with flurries and then be up to around 50º by Thursday and then back down to 15º F and snow again. I can't remember another winter quite like this one.

Last edited:
It's been very sucky. We've been in a weird, weird weather cycle for January. It snows, then it gets bitter, bitter cold. Then it warms up and we get rain, sometimes heavy rain. Then it gets bitter cold again and everything turns to ice. Then it snows and the cycle repeats. This morning it was 1 below zeroº F with snow. By the end of day tomorrow it will be raining and around 40º Fahrenheit. It is supposed to continue raining and be up to around 50º by Thursday and then back down to 15º F and snow again. I can't remember another winter quite like this one.

weather is crazy everywhere these days, lucky climate change isn't real or we'd be in a lot of trouble :P

I'm looking at buying a D lens to replace my original A lens. I seem to remember when I looked into the C2 a while ago that the new lens module is incompatible with my early style mobius case. If I understand correctly, I can get around this by also buying a new case, and transplanting the old innards into the new case. Does this sound right?

Has anyone seen any footage from a D lens yet (apart from Tom Frank's initial A, A2, C2, D preview)?

I'm looking at buying a D lens to replace my original A lens. I seem to remember when I looked into the C2 a while ago that the new lens module is incompatible with my early style mobius case. If I understand correctly, I can get around this by also buying a new case, and transplanting the old innards into the new case. Does this sound right?

Has anyone seen any footage from a D lens yet (apart from Tom Frank's initial A, A2, C2, D preview)?

Yes, you can buy a new case and put the old PCB (and capacitor or battery) in it using a new style lens module. The new case simply has the correct size slot(s) to accommodate the new module.

Banggood always has the best price for Mobius replacement cases. (£ 2.43)

I bought a C2 lens complete with module from ebay, "Eletoponline365" for C$37.50 and they gave me a case complete with screws. 3 for board and 2 for case FOC. Contact person was "Mandy".
I have been buying from them for all my Mobius stuffs and completely reliable and helpful. They are afterall Mobius's online outlet.
No experience on D. I even find the C2's FOV too wide and set mine to narrow.

I bought a C2 lens complete with module from ebay, "Eletoponline365" for C$37.50 and they gave me a case complete with screws. 3 for board and 2 for case FOC. Contact person was "Mandy".
I have been buying from them for all my Mobius stuffs and completely reliable and helpful. They are afterall Mobius's online outlet.
No experience on D. I even find the C2's FOV too wide and set mine to narrow.

Yeah, I received a free Mobius case from Eletoponline365 too when I ordered a new C2 module from them. It was a nice unexpected surprise. I think they may have had a number of new style lens module buyers who were not aware that they won't fit in the older cases so I think that must be why they gave out free cases. With the new lens modules having been on the market for quite some time now I don't know if they are still sending out free camera housings though.

Back